Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 09:12 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times

Advertisements

a little accent with makeup is better than nothing at all imo. I don't like the "just woke up" look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 09:13 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The bolded should read, "I prefer..." rather than "Men prefer..." Unless you presume to speak for all of us. Hopefully that is not the case.
I think you mean "Real Men Prefer....."

If I can tell a woman is wearing make-up, then she is wearing too much.

Make-up usage is a sign of emotional instability.

Those women are lacking in self-esteem, are emotionally weak and typically high-maintenance. They will cause nothing but problems.

Women who don't wear make-up are confident and comfortable with the way they look; are emotionally stronger; and most likely independent or interdependent and that makes my John Thomas stand on end.

There's nothing wrong with sparingly applying make-up to accent or highlight facial features.

Preferring...

Mircea

Old 03-27-2015, 09:14 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
When it becomes a fact all men like that, because some don't, depending on the woman. 1 plain woman could fade into the background. Then when she primps up with the make-up, everyone thinks she's hot.

So really, some women aren't that attractive without make-up. So SOME women, not all, do use make-up to look more alluring toward men they're interested in. But then if the guy actually finds them attractive, they may be open to giving her a chance and coming to like her as a person, even after the make-up comes off. Rather than being written out from the get-go with the guy not ever seeing anything of her personality because the looks didn't sell.

The saying "Good looks get you in the door." Same in terms of wanting to look attractive for some. If they feel they're ugly, they won't even get near the door lol or will have it slammed in their face.

But many women don't give a crap what men want. They wear the make-up because they want to, and like the look. Like a guy who may like a certain style or look. Maybe the guy loves the tattooed look and has them all over his body. That's his interests.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:15 AM

750 posts, read 644,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Those women are lacking in self-esteem, are emotionally weak and typically high-maintenance. They will cause nothing but problems.

Women who don't wear make-up are confident and comfortable with the way they look; are emotionally stronger; and most likely independent or interdependent and that makes my John Thomas stand on end.

There's nothing wrong with sparingly applying make-up to accent or highlight facial features.

Preferring...

Mircea
Some women need make up, but still not a lot or nothing overly noticeable.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:25 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
And you would be wrong. I meant exactly what I said, and said exactly what I meant.

Quote:

Keep in mind this is a standard YOU hold, but it is by no means universal. It's real to you, irrelevant to the rest of us.

Quote:

I know plenty of examples where the opposite is true as well. Some of the most timid, least confident women I've known used no makeup at all. You are making a lot of assumptions that are easily debunked. Maybe you should look in your drawer for a brush that is not quite as broad.

Quote:

Preferring...

Mircea
I'm glad you feel that way.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:39 AM

4,566 posts, read 5,421,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The bolded should read, "I prefer..." rather than "Men prefer..." Unless you presume to speak for all of us. Hopefully that is not the case.
Exactly.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:46 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
This is something that I just cant understand. Men prefer a woman to look natural. If we can see your makeup / its obviously visible than you probably have too much on.

There is a girl ive been on a few dates with but she wears too much makeup. She looks much better without all that on. I want to tell her that is why I am not seeing her more or will not entertain her as a possible gf. But I cant not tell her that obviously.
Let me sum up this thread:

I'm dating a woman but I think she wears too much makeup so I'm going to stop seeing her.

Done.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:48 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I know it defies popular belief among some men, but the motivation of women to do things they feel makes themselves look nice is not always motivated for the purpose to attract the opposite sex.
This.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:50 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
This is something that I just cant understand. Men prefer a woman to look natural. If we can see your makeup / its obviously visible than you probably have too much on.

There is a girl ive been on a few dates with but she wears too much makeup. She looks much better without all that on. I want to tell her that is why I am not seeing her more or will not entertain her as a possible gf. But I cant not tell her that obviously.

Oh your level of not understanding goes way beyond that. Men are all over the place with what they like, what they don't, and everything else. Its pure idiocy to make the statement you made in the post heading

Old 03-27-2015, 09:54 AM

750 posts, read 644,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Oh your level of not understanding goes way beyond that. Men are all over the place with what they like, what they don't, and everything else. Its pure idiocy to make the statement you made in the post heading
Dont agree with this at all. Ill stand by my stance that most men prefer curves as opposed to skinny runway models, and natural look as opposed to the over done / noticeable make up look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty