Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 06:26 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
You don't seem to understand. You don't have a choice about whether you do or not, you just do. The only choice you have is to know that you do or falsely believe that you don't.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Goethe
Man, I think you had too much of whatever it is you take......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 06:31 AM

30,531 posts, read 16,226,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
If I see older women with long hair, I automatically think hippie.
When I see an older woman with long hair, I think how much Pantene (make wigs for cancer patients) would love that hair.

There's others I'm sure.

Their hair, their business.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:40 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
If I see older women with long hair, I automatically think hippie.
I suppose some people might think that, but what if the woman is professional, is in a dress or pants suit, etc.?
Take a female lawyer, CPA, sales rep, or MD for example. Frankly I think many women look better in longer hair (more feminine), and short hair does not suit their face.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:20 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,617,005 times
Again, it was about long hair to Butt, I don't think long hair (shoulders, blades etc) is an issue is it? Not sure what length some of the posters are referring to.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:27 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
Oh please, everyone cares what other people think. Even or most especially those who claim they don't care. It's programmed into us by nature and comes from that part of the brain we inherit from the apes. Primates (which we basically are) are tribal and hierarchical. That "social" brain is always calculating where you fit, etc. in the social hierarchy in relation to the other "monkeys".
Eh.

Most people care about the opinions of those they know and like and trust. Single people looking for partners care about the potential opinions of potential partners on their appearance. People who aren't looking to attract anybody mostly care about what they like, and, to some extent, the opinions of those they know and respect (but typically, these opinions take backseat to the individual's preferences.

People want to be liked and fit in an belong to a collective unit, in general, but most people don't spend time worrying if their hair being too long is the culprit that's preventing them from being accepted into social groups, no. Within context, hair length preference really isn't a huge point of assimilation. There is massive variability in "socially acceptable" hair length. So, yeah, how we wear our hair is much more a function of what WE like best than what others like best. Most people would never get a hairstyle they dislike because someone else likes it.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:59 AM

625 posts, read 624,337 times
Default hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
I Think MOST OLDER WOMEN with Long Hair look ridiculous... It looks like they are trying and failing to look young and its is only making them look older..
Yes! Mutton dressed as lamb is still mutton.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:20 AM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Again, it was about long hair to Butt, I don't think long hair (shoulders, blades etc) is an issue is it? Not sure what length some of the posters are referring to.
Many people are ignoring that key part of the question.....

Old 04-27-2015, 10:49 AM

609 posts, read 615,657 times
I think the worst you can do if you're an older woman is cut your hair short. You know what I'm talking about. When the husband and the wife start to look like the same person and the woman no longer looks like a woman.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:05 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
I think the worst you can do if you're an older woman is cut your hair short. You know what I'm talking about. When the husband and the wife start to look like the same person and the woman no longer looks like a woman.
When they both go to the barber for haircuts!

Old 04-27-2015, 12:35 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
That's a hormonal thing as men produce estrogen and women testosterone when older. Men definitely start to look like women and Hillary looks like Dick Cheney.

Older women with a man's haircut is a bit creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty