Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 09:23 AM

11,105 posts, read 9,748,456 times

Advertisements

I have only one ring which my hobby and I selected together (well, he stood there while I picked it out, lol), It looks sort of like 2 rings worn together, but it is one ring. I only take it off when I am doing something messy like painting or making meatloaf. On my other hand I wear a ring made from hubby's grandmother's engagement diamond. His mom passed it on to me, since she has no daughters or other DIL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 10:20 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,983 times
I never wore my engagement ring at work and only wear it if we're going out. I'm too high octane and I actually ripped the diamond out of the engagement ring once. I usually wear my engagement ring with my ten year anniversary band that matches my tennis bracelet that John gave me for my 40th birthday. I prefer my wedding band which matches his and is very modest. John insisted on matching bands and he didn't want anything too flashy. I've worn it for over 30 years and it's just part of my body now. I feel naked without it. That and it's precious to me. It's "us."

Old 01-07-2016, 10:28 AM

10,091 posts, read 6,424,617 times
I never wore both rings together. Wore the engagement ring on left hand until married, then switched it to the right hand because my wedding band is a custom-made thick gold band with Hebrew letters on it - no room for both rings at once, and they didn't match anyway. Late H and I had the matching pair of wedding rings made, and he's still wearing his as well.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:31 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,428,060 times
I wear them together but take them off for chores. Hubby isn't able to wear a ring because of the type of work he does he has a ring tattoo.

I've never had a problem wearing any of my jewelry overseas, I don't own pretty rings to leave them in my jewelry box.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:09 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,614,649 times
I wear both of my wedding rings pretty much all the time. I only take them off when I'm cleaning and the cleaners are abrasive and when I'm working on my art as I don't want the paints, inks, chemicals to affect the rings at all.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:18 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,952,205 times
I don't wear any of my rings. I have the usual engagement and wedding rings -- though it's not a matched set -- plus I have an antique engagement ring. But I do too much stuff in the course of a day to risk damaging them and they don't fit that well any more.

I saw a 4 carat round brilliant set in platinum at Costco today. Just $66,999. As usual, I thought about it for about 30 seconds, then said, "Nah!" I'm in the business, so I suppose I could get it for a bit less if I really wanted one.

Costco has a surprisingly small markup on large diamonds.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:32 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,757,014 times
Depends on my mood. Sometimes I wear both, sometimes just the band and sometimes nothing. My spouse lost his ring hunting and we have yet to replace it. Just not a priority.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:37 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,738,262 times
I wear both always. Unless I am working out, sleeping or cleaning.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:56 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,000,864 times
I don't wear my wedding ring at all, and my engagement ring only occasionally. I took them off when I was pregnant and since I had my son I haven't had a manicure, so I can't see putting on rings and drawing attention to my ugly hands.

Neither ring has a diamond - I just find those big rocks a little tacky, and prefer other gemstones. They are not a matched set. I wouldn't bring them with me traveling, though - I just worry too much about losing them somehow. Also, I got mugged once in a foreign country for a couple of cheap sterling silver rings, so I know it doesn't take much.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:58 PM

211 posts, read 451,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
You are wise to leave it at home when traveling. In some countries you could put yourself in danger with a 3 carat ring. Otherwise, I would wear both and rotate the rock into your palm if you think you are in an area where it might become a liability*. Traditionally the wedding band is worn outside the rock, with the rock closest to your heart. But, as this article says, do what makes you happy: How to Wear A Wedding Band and Engagement Ring | eHow

*OTOH - a 3 carat could leave quite a bruise on a perp's face. That's if you have a good left hook!!
That is wild, I always thought it was the other way around.

I rarely wear my engagement ring now. It is heavy and has scratched my children. I only wear my wedding band when I am leaving the house. As I get older, I get weirder about stuff weighing me down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty