Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 07:42 PM

981 posts, read 900,142 times

Advertisements

The butt pockets are also getting smaller, making my arse look bigger. NOT the look i am going for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 08:59 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,923,183 times
OK hold on a second- I always thought the the depth of the pocket has to do with the length of the rise. For example if you have a high rise jean- the pocket will be longer and if you have low rise jeans shorter. I sell tons of jeans on Ebay and have always found this to be true-OP can I ask which style you were looking for? The original fit should have the deepest pockets- it only makes sense- you can't have deep pockets in low waisted pants they would hang down too low.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:25 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
Why is it that so much of women's clothing has NO pockets, when almost all male clothing does? Is it because the designers assume a woman is always carrying a purse? I WANT POCKETS ON ALL OF MY CLOTHING, and i want those pockets to actually work!
^^^^This

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
The useless pocket that holds a Q-Tip - literally - is how women's jeans and pants are made today. Some brainiac decided women only carry 1 Q-Tip around....no keys, phone, wallet, nothing else.....just that lone Q-Tip. It's so ****ing ANNOYING!!!!!!
^^^^I agree!

Old 12-15-2016, 11:30 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit82 View Post
OK hold on a second- I always thought the the depth of the pocket has to do with the length of the rise. For example if you have a high rise jean- the pocket will be longer and if you have low rise jeans shorter. I sell tons of jeans on Ebay and have always found this to be true-OP can I ask which style you were looking for? The original fit should have the deepest pockets- it only makes sense- you can't have deep pockets in low waisted pants they would hang down too low.
I go for their "relaxed fit" as they fit well and most of the time, in the store where I shop, most of the jeans are "relaxed fit".

I've tried on some other LL Bean jeans in the past, besides the relaxed fit, and they, too, had good pockets.

You make a good point about low-waisted pants. I don't buy them so never really paid much attention to the pockets.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:55 AM

1,347 posts, read 945,918 times
Quote:
Why is it that so much of women's clothing has NO pockets, when almost all male clothing does? Is it because the designers assume a woman is always carrying a purse? I WANT POCKETS ON ALL OF MY CLOTHING, and i want those pockets to actually work!
I've been complaining about this for years with women's clothing. And it's funny how many guys don't realize that women endure this... the looks on their faces are priceless when I tell them or show them I have no pockets.

My biggest peeve is when they put in fake pockets (i.e. it has what looks like the top opening but it doesn't actually open up to anything) - listen, manufacturers, if it's not going to actually be a pocket, don't bother adding the extra bulk to that area of the jeans/pants.

Old 12-16-2016, 07:45 AM

6,473 posts, read 6,679,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
The useless pocket that holds a Q-Tip - literally - is how women's jeans and pants are made today. Some brainiac decided women only carry 1 Q-Tip around....no keys, phone, wallet, nothing else.....just that lone Q-Tip. It's so ****ing ANNOYING!!!!!!
Haha! A Q-tip! That's practically the truth!

I can't keep my phone in most of my jeans pockets because it won't fit, so I end up missing calls when I go upstairs or outside, away from my phone. And I have the fairly small iPhone5.

I literally have some pockets that are one inch deep. Gee, thanks for the 1 inch.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:58 AM

983 posts, read 1,055,727 times
I thought LL Bean jeans always had a mid rise - ? They tend to be a bit less trendy and therefore don't seem to make low rises...so why would they have midget pockets?

Old 12-16-2016, 11:40 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Hopefully, LL Bean will come to their senses.

I was so disappointed to see what they did with the pockets. At least I'm not the only one who isn't happy about it.

If they don't come to their senses, do you know of another brand of jeans that has deep pockets and petite length jeans?

I told my husband that people must think I'm weird because the first thing I check when shopping for jeans is the pockets. I think that's what caused the sales clerk at LL Bean to ask me if I needed help. Glad I had that conversation about the pockets with her as I learned that lots of women were complaining about it.

nope... I do the same thing with jeans, slacks AND shorts..... I work in a male dominated industry and can not be hauling my purse around everywhere.... not that I would even want to..... I need room for keys, phone and other minutiae when I am out in the field....

I order men's coats for winter work because they DO have great pockets, including a good inside breast pocket......

I could not care less about adding bulk.... I need my stuff!!

Old 12-16-2016, 11:43 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,148,798 times
Quote:
Why is it that so much of women's clothing has NO pockets, when almost all male clothing does?

Same reason woman's shoes have heels and men's don't. Men are more interested in function than fashion and vice versa.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:00 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,285,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Haha! A Q-tip! That's practically the truth!

I can't keep my phone in most of my jeans pockets because it won't fit, so I end up missing calls when I go upstairs or outside, away from my phone. And I have the fairly small iPhone5.

I literally have some pockets that are one inch deep. Gee, thanks for the 1 inch.
I have a pair of jeans where the pockets are so shallow, a chapstick will fall out. I'm not kidding. I hate not having pockets!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty