Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 10:10 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,457,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I just googled Giga Chad. That's a big old "NO" from me. I don't find him attractive at all. Robotic insect is a really good way to describe him!
LOL! That made me spit out my water.
But you can see, the young men think he is the GOAL. Shake your head back and forth and enjoy these intelligent lyrics from his song they made (he plays Minecraft - so you have to do that guys):

The visual representation of perfection
A handsome Thanos
The peak of natural selection
Muscles on, muscles on, muscles
A perfect complexion
Giga chad what a lad
I bet he plays Minecraft (Bet he does)
Giga Giga Giga Giga Giga Chad (Giga Chad)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2022, 10:21 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,407,323 times
I'll throw my two cents on this old thread: There is a guy in my gym who had a long beard. You could tell he was hot but the beard was off putting. He shaved it off and is totally smoking and in total shape! One of my eye candy's in the morning

Old 04-18-2022, 10:35 AM

36,413 posts, read 16,023,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Not sure where the guy who started this thread got the idea that guys have beards to make a statement about their masculinity. I think most bearded guys 1.) are over the chore of shaving every day and, 2.) prefer how they look with a beard. If mine wasn't gray I would still have it but, for years received unsolicited critiques of mine. It's nobodies business! Personally I think most guys under 40 look better with a beard but so many people in our culture feel the need to comment on a guy's beard. Why?
I also agree that a man doesn't grow a beard to be more masculine, I've never thought that. They just want to try something new.

Old 04-18-2022, 10:38 AM

19,400 posts, read 15,224,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've always wondered how boys reacted to the perfect male bodies depicted in superhero comics. Did that affect their self-esteem? Did it subconsciously program them to believe they had to achieve that in their teens and beyond, leaving them demoralized when it didn't happen? Did it cause some to knock themselves out at the gym and get into nutritional supplements to try to make it happen? I knew a teen guy who brought his nutritional supplement powder to summer camp with him, and was always talking about what the ingredients could do for muscle building. But for his efforts, he was still a skinny guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
That is a very interesting viewpoint. When I looked at comics as a young person, I never really viewed it that way. I, as a female, was more concerned that I fit the "model" imagine of the teen magazines then. Teen Vogue, Seventeen, etc.

But you are right. It is interesting that they probably do compare themselves to these images.

There is a whole subculture of young men that came up with the Giga Chad. Then there are Chads and Chad lights. These are the handsome guys. If you are interested in people studies, that is one of the interesting ones I came on to. Not sure why the beard is a big deal for the Chads....
Your conversation made me remember this:

https://inti-revista.org/img/c249150...cd9fdecc1.jpeg

Old 04-18-2022, 12:33 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,103,317 times
I have had a neatly trimmed full beard the same since 1975, so don't blame me for any fads. As long as my wife of 48 years still likes it, and I like seeing it in the mirror, I'll keep it, regardless of fashion trends.

Old 04-18-2022, 01:19 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,704,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I have had a neatly trimmed full beard the same since 1975, so don't blame me for any fads. As long as my wife of 48 years still likes it, and I like seeing it in the mirror, I'll keep it, regardless of fashion trends.
That's all that really matters.

That, and professional considerations. However, we are living in an age that values individual liberty in appearance, as opposed to conformity enforced by various means of coercion (not hiring/doing business with/renting to/admitting to college/etc.) people because they don't have the 'right' facial hair/hairstyle/piercings/tattoos, etc.

Old 04-18-2022, 07:54 PM

3,254 posts, read 1,740,815 times
I got rid of my beard a couple of years ago. It was BIG, bushy and down to my waist. I had to tuck it into my shirt every time I sat down to eat. Plus it was snow white. If I was at the grocery store kids would stare and point thinking Santa was in the store. I got tired of being called "Santa" everywhere I went. It just made me feel older than I am. I figured I'd done the epic beard thing, and the epic moustache thing with a huge handlebar 'stache so I shaved it off and felt 5 pounds lighter and looked 10 years younger. I've been bearded since 1974 so it's time for a change.

Old 04-22-2022, 08:09 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,735,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
I got rid of my beard a couple of years ago. It was BIG, bushy and down to my waist. I had to tuck it into my shirt every time I sat down to eat. Plus it was snow white. If I was at the grocery store kids would stare and point thinking Santa was in the store. I got tired of being called "Santa" everywhere I went. It just made me feel older than I am. I figured I'd done the epic beard thing, and the epic moustache thing with a huge handlebar 'stache so I shaved it off and felt 5 pounds lighter and looked 10 years younger. I've been bearded since 1974 so it's time for a change.
any before and after shots

Old 04-22-2022, 10:57 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,406,229 times
In the day DH wore a beard in the winter when he worked in the construction field. Said it helped keep his face warm. People used to call him Grizzly Adams. https://www.ebay.com/itm/17411292181...655292e881d432

In retirement it has become snow white. He shaved it off this spring and clean shaven he looks fifteen years younger.

Old 04-27-2022, 10:49 AM

11,046 posts, read 6,634,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
any before and after shots
ZZ Top, lol.

Personally, I hate that look, but it sure worked for them. Plus the fur-covered rotating guitars!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty