Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think about long hair on men?
LOVE IT! 55 54.46%
HATE IT! 43 42.57%
Men have hair? 3 2.97%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 07:49 PM

1,299 posts, read 823,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
There's a dude who works in another building who still has kind of 80's rock 'n roll long hair. It looks like he graduated from high school in 1988 and hasn't moved into the new century with regards to style. If it makes him happy, great, but I don't think he looks as badass as he thinks he does
I bet!

I just realized I worded my post badly. My husband (who actually did graduate in 1988!) looked adorable in his high school pic because he was 16. He'd look like an idiot now at 48 with the same rock and roll 'do. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 08:22 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
On certain men, yes. Not all can pull it off.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:24 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I like long hair on men much more than short hair, but not past the shoulders and I prefer a layered cut or a man bun.

Edited to add: I don't really enjoy making out with a guy unless his hair is long enough for me to run my fingers through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I rarely see it either which really sucks for me since that's what I like.
I wouldn't have guessed this at all!

Old 03-13-2017, 08:42 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I wouldn't have guessed this at all!
LOL, really? I'm not saying that I never find men with short hair attractive but I really prefer longer hair. The last guy I made out with had really closely shaved hair and it just wasn't fun for me to caress his...head. I think I've only dated one guy who had long hair like I like and it took me a long time to get over him because his hair was so perfect. Yes, I know that sounds shallow but if men can be into boobs, butts, etc., I can be into long hair.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:54 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Just as with the beard thread, I don't mind long hair so much if it's well maintained ... washed, conditioned, regularly trimmed, etc. I don't like long hair if it's just an excuse to be lazy.

Nine times out of ten however, if a guy has long hair and then chops it off, I'll like the shorter style MUCH better.
Sort of agree. When anyone, male or female, does anything "hair related" because they are lazy - it looks bad. That includes people who just let their hair grow because they are lazy, or too cheap to get a hair cut.

Or men who buzz their hair because it's easier. Women who chop it off and perm it because "they don't want to fuss with it" anymore, and they've reached some age where everyone in their family and social circle cuts it short.

Laziness is hard to hide.

That said, I came of age in the 70s. I like long hair on men.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:20 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
I'm fine with it. Just not on my guy.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:44 PM

82 posts, read 91,875 times
I'm tempted to post a few pics of myself (29 y/o male with shoulder length hair) just to read some reactions. When I go to work I tie it into a "man-bun" and everyone seems to think it works.

I've always had long hair from my folks (had a rat-tail when I was 8 years old!). I get a little lazy with it, and I'm sure my gf will say that I should do more to maintain it but I think I take care of it better than some of the lazy greasy guys with long hair. I condition and brush it pretty often.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:33 PM

82 posts, read 91,875 times
I couldn't resist.. Here are a few pics I dug up.

These few were taken 4 to 5 years ago at some local races. I was a sweaty mess both years, so it's all over the place.

These about a year ago, with my hair tied back.

Another one of my hair tied a few months back.

This is a recent one at the top of Boulder. BEWARE! This one is a little bare, I have a thing for running in as little clothing as possible.

Hope I'm able to add to the discussion!

Old 03-14-2017, 04:18 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
The shorter haired guys next to you on pic no. 3/4 are hotter, such dreamboats <3 <3 <3

Old 03-14-2017, 01:09 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times
Your hair looks good. It works on you. I grew up in the 70's too so that was what looked hot to us.

Of course the Brad Pitt one would be the ideal....but he's (was) a 10 to start with.

I'm a hair person too---first thing I look at on a guy. At this point, I'm just appreciative if they still HAVE a full head of hair. Lucky me, my husband does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty