Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 08:40 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,145,675 times

Advertisements

I have bought Loreal Sunwash for years. I have such a problem finding a color that is not too bright, not too orange, and not too pink. This shade works well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 10:52 PM

5,587 posts, read 8,401,301 times
I'm a redhead and don't look good in bright colors. So I gravitate toward browny pinks. However, I go with the trends that I see in my InStyle magazine and on TV -- so for example, I was using glosses until the matte look came in (which was good because my NYX gloss was discontinued). Now I'm using Kylie Lip Kit (liquid matte), it stays on forever. I started with Candy K, but now that the pale nude lip is more in fashion, the Candy K looks too dark on me and I'm using the lighter shade of Koko K. And because I want an even paler lip, I'm layering one of the new Maybelline nude mattes on top (though they don't have the staying power of the liquids).

So for me, it's not worth it to stock up on lipsticks. I'll be 68 next week, BTW. I hope the nude lip stays around for awhile, because it makes my lips look fuller and at this age, I certainly don't look good in dark colors.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:20 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,254,755 times
I don't use a lot of lipstick and I've been buying Lancome Amande Sucre for years already. It's creamy and nice, very forgiving shade that goes with everything. Anything pink does not look good on me and brings out redness in my pale skin. I do have several lipstick tubes that cane with the free gifts and some worked well for me, e.g. Clinique Sugar Maple or Angel Red.

I do like to try new colors but lately don't find anything interesting and appropriate for everyday use.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:26 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,019,925 times
Clinique black honey

Old 01-08-2018, 05:25 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,306,731 times
I used to like red but I think it can age you so I stick to peach & coral shades which look best with my skin color. Currently I have Clinique sugared grapefruit and a couple of different shades of Cover Girl in peach colors. I just turned 63.

Old 01-08-2018, 06:04 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,710,189 times
Not for lipstick, haven't found the perfect one but other things in life I have found my perfection and settled down. Like shoe, I love my AK & have replaced existing shoe with exact same shoe 2x already and intend on doing so in future. My cousin was shocked by it but why mess with something that works. I still experiment with occasional shoes but my main go to is same.

I have done the same with skin care, last 3 years been buying philosophy n no interest in experimenting. It works

Old 01-08-2018, 11:07 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
I love lipstick!

I have simplified my life, though. I haven't found my "perfect pink," but I've come close: Revlon's Plum Baby. It's a satin finish (I don't like matte), and a medium raspberry shade that doesn't turn orange. When I add CG's Rose Quartz (which I'd never wear by itself), it looks like bubblegum pink. DH loves what he calls "the pinkies" lol. He's lucky that I like pink, too.

Of course, I also have a "party red" that I like to wear innthe evening (cheap brand), but satin-finish pinks are my favorite.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:38 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,076,033 times
I have a lipstick problem. lol I have so many shades and kinds. I love bright reds and fun pinks. I have a deep red/purple color I got for fall and winter that I love. I like to play around with shades.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:48 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,101,529 times
For red, Coco by Chanel and for nude Spice lip pencil all over my lips by Estee Lauder and topped with Lancome Juicy Tube Touched By The Light.

The gold in the lip gloss makes it super shiny.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:28 PM

2,001 posts, read 2,512,231 times
yes. just for fun. one time I was at a macys makeup session and they put on my a shade of red I thought it would be too bold for me. You know what? It worked. I loved it. so from that moment on I try to experiment. it's fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty