Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 12:05 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,341,534 times

Advertisements

For those who don't understand the fashion calendar, July is typically the month that most fashion companies transition from their Spring/Summer collections to their Fall/Winter collections.

My favorite Fall/Winter outfits are some hoodies and some sport pullover fleeces, some of which would be stereotypically considered spring colors. I do also have a few pique polos and long sleeve button-down shirts in fall colors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 01:18 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
I'm still picking out summer wear. I'll be wearing summer wear for at least another 4 months. I'll start thinking about transitioning from summer wear to winter wear around the beginning of November.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I'm still picking out summer wear. I'll be wearing summer wear for at least another 4 months. I'll start thinking about transitioning from summer wear to winter wear around the beginning of November.

4 months might be a bit too long to buy Spring/Summer clothes, since by September retailers will fully be in Fall/Winter mode and most of the remaining Spring/Summer stock in stores will be gone.

Old 07-08-2019, 02:00 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
I understood what you meant, I understand about the fashion calendar. The truth is I don't go by the fashion calendar, I go by what the actual season and climate is like and that dictates what I wear and when I buy it. I'm in an odd climate zone here due to geography and the typical fashion calendar that you're accustomed to doesn't sync with the timing of our climate and seasons here. It's not even close.

I won't be able to buy summer wear for 4 more months, that's true, maybe only for just another month I may pick out some more summer items to buy for our hottest months, August and September. However, I certainly will need to be wearing summer clothes for another 4 months because that's how long we'll be having warm summery kind of weather.

We almost always have extended summers into Oct/Nov, what is called Indian Summer which lasts until the middle of November before the rains start. So since I'm going to be wearing summer clothes for that much longer I'll skip buying any autumn fashions entirely (since there's no need for them) and probably won't start even thinking about buying any new winter clothes until sometime in mid November when the seasonal weather starts to show signs of transitioning from gradually cooling summery weather into colder winterish kind of weather. Full on winter weather generally doesn't start around here until winter solstice, the 3rd week in December anyway and then winter doesn't last long here. Our spring weather usually starts here in mid-February to early March. (The annual community spring flower counts in towns in my location start during the 2nd week of March here).

As to your question about winter fashion - for me it will be new water resistant leather boots this year (no more footwear made out of that fake leather stuff ever again for me), and some bright coloured new fleecy hoodies which I like to wear in layers.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:07 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,318,759 times
I'm in South Florida; we don't have seasons per se. We have warm, hot, hotter and hell. Around November we may get a "cool front" but it doesn't call for different clothing until we hit below 70 during the day which maybe happens 10 days out of the year. Most of us wear our regular clothing, we just put a sweater, long sleeves or a hoodie on and exchange sandals for closed shoes.

When I see heavy sweaters including turtlenecks and wool in our stores, I just have to chuckle. Even though we may get the occasional cold (below 50) morning, by afternoon it always warms up into at least the 60's but with a blazing sun so it feels warmer. The last thing I want to wear is a wool sweater. It's a fashion wasteland here due to our climate. I remember living on Long Island and shopping when the new season's fashions arrived.

Old 07-08-2019, 10:28 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
I intend to buy a high quality white shirt. I used to have several, but I think I’m down to one now. I do like a classic long sleeved white shirt.

I also intend to find a pair of simple, quality black pants.

I would like a casual blazerish jacket as well in a neutral color.

I need a new pair of everyday shoes.

I will probably buy some new everyday tee shirts.

I need a new gym shirt for winter.

Old 07-08-2019, 03:58 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,717 times
Boots (all different styles) and dusters, they go with everything.

Old 07-09-2019, 09:41 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
White denim for me. All year long.

However, going to Paris in October so I've bought those Stuart Weitzman boots in black https://www.stuartweitzman.com/produ...EaAuWnEALw_wcB

I also bought these Rebecca Minkoff boots https://www.rebeccaminkoff.com/colle...8612006l-white

I bought two leather skirts and two pair of leather leggings and a bunch of t-shirt weight black turtlenecks.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:06 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,910,410 times
too early for this. Most clothing brands I follow are just now releasing their 2nd wave of summer/late summer objects. Fall objects won't be seen here for another month.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbather View Post
too early for this. Most clothing brands I follow are just now releasing their 2nd wave of summer/late summer objects. Fall objects won't be seen here for another month.
Since when? January and July are the industry standard transition months. Usually the second half of Spring/Summer is around March or April, although some brands spread out their releases more. For the brands that offer a separate "High Summer" collection, it is usually around May. Some brands will instead offer a Pre-Fall collection, which is clothing for warmer weather in fall colors. I don't know of any that release a High Summer collection in July, since retailers are already preparing for Fall/Winter by then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty