Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 03:37 PM

2,227 posts, read 1,405,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What did you say the name of your planet is?
What’s wrong with my opinions ? It’s a rather conservative, but well put together look. That’s the kind of stuff my GF wears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2020, 03:58 PM

24,590 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
What’s wrong with my opinions ? It’s a rather conservative, but well put together look. That’s the kind of stuff my GF wears.
OP is not auditioning for a part in a Disney cartoon. Pink stockings? 1980s or adult lingerie store?

Old 12-20-2020, 04:35 PM

6,308 posts, read 4,201,329 times
Unless a date was specifying where you were going and leave it up to you to decide what works best ( cafe vs movie theatre vs picnic vs bowling ) I’d have run a Mile if any dates told me what I should wear.

Old 12-21-2020, 12:18 AM

6,873 posts, read 4,873,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
Well, if you are looking for ideas, a nice look for a date is a hot pink skirt with a button up white shirt and a Navy blue v neck sweater on top. You could add pink stockings to cover the legs if it’s cold outside too .
This would not be suitable for a woman in her 40s.

Old 12-21-2020, 09:58 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,032,233 times
I would wear whatever makes me think "I look cute" on a date.

Some ladies look super duper cute in a happy little sun dress, and flats, and they're totally comfortable in something like that. Others will feel more comfortable in jeans, and a nice top, and it's totally up to the individual on what constitutes a nice top.

Old 12-21-2020, 10:21 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,405,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
This would not be suitable for a woman in her 40s.
Why not ? A button up shirt and skirt with a sweater on top is quite common among 40 year old women. They also add some sort of tights to warm the legs if it’s cold out.

Old 12-21-2020, 02:42 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
OP is not auditioning for a part in a Disney cartoon. Pink stockings? 1980s or adult lingerie store?
Thank you. (Couldn't rep you.)

Old 12-21-2020, 04:33 PM

10,311 posts, read 6,852,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
Unless a date was specifying where you were going and leave it up to you to decide what works best ( cafe vs movie theatre vs picnic vs bowling ) I’d have run a Mile if any dates told me what I should wear.
I did this exact thing on a 3rd/4th date. I told her to "wear black jeans/denim, and a fitted leather jacket." She wasn't too happy with this, until I pulled up to her place on my RoadKing Harley. We went on the Tijuana Toy run, along with 6000 of my close, personal friends. I had a backpack FULL of candy, and as we rode in the parade thru the colonias of TJ, she threw the candy out at the kids lining up along the streets. She had a great time. All the bikes closed Avenida Revolution, in downtown TJ. Yeah, we had some fun. I had lots of stuffed animals to hand out to the kids. Luckily, my date spoke Spanish, so she could make sure the toys went to little kids and not some older person that would steal it from the kid and then try to sell it back to some tourista.

Anyway, this was before we needed passports to go "back and forth" to Mexico. It's all different, now.

Old 12-21-2020, 05:41 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
I did this exact thing on a 3rd/4th date. I told her to "wear black jeans/denim, and a fitted leather jacket." She wasn't too happy with this, until I pulled up to her place on my RoadKing Harley. We went on the Tijuana Toy run, along with 6000 of my close, personal friends. I had a backpack FULL of candy, and as we rode in the parade thru the colonias of TJ, she threw the candy out at the kids lining up along the streets. She had a great time. All the bikes closed Avenida Revolution, in downtown TJ. Yeah, we had some fun. I had lots of stuffed animals to hand out to the kids. Luckily, my date spoke Spanish, so she could make sure the toys went to little kids and not some older person that would steal it from the kid and then try to sell it back to some tourista.

Anyway, this was before we needed passports to go "back and forth" to Mexico. It's all different, now.
What an amazingly cool date! I'm in awe!

Old 12-22-2020, 07:02 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I love A-line dresses! They're great for camouflaging bigger boo-tays, too.

OP, here's the type of button down shirt you need. Casual, comfortable, but polished-looking. Too bad they don't have them in different colors.

https://images.ctfassets.net/bz0fvtk...jpg?q=80&w=550

Notice the tailoring. Notice how, although it does show your curves, it's also modest at the same time, without being frumpy. And it can be worn untucked, if you want to hide the mom-jeans high waist. You can roll the sleeves up to 3/4-length, for a more casual look. If you feel it's too curvy for a 1st date, you can wear a sweater over it.
Love that white shirt - it's exactly what I've been looking for to add to my wardrobe. Now, hopefully it comes in a petite size. What is the name of the company? The link only shows a picture on my computer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty