Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 08:04 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,403,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
In no way is Kim Kardashian a 4 or whatever she says. My guess is more 10, but more likely a 12. Especially in jeans.
No way... She's only 5'2.. The only place she has weight are her hips and butt... I would say she is a size 4... She would look pretty fat at size 12 at her height.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2020, 08:07 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,403,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I was just repeating what she's told the public.

I'm a size 7/8...26 waist, 32 hips.

Her hips are 41.
That's strange you're a 7/8 with those measurements.... Are you tall? I'm like a 24/25 waist and 35 hips and I'm a size 2..but I'm only 5'2...

Old 12-19-2020, 08:36 PM

12,772 posts, read 14,970,303 times
Quote:
You should write a "what to wear" book. The first dresses you describe as "sexy enough without being sleazy" would be my choice. I also really like this top - https://www.bebe.com/collections/clo...r-bright-white
but, I see it as a little sexier than you categorized it, but it's subtly sexy, a type of sexy men seem to fall for. It's also cute in purple.

That's nice of you to say!

Yes, that top could be more dressed up depending on which bottom you wear it w/. I like the purple too, which is one of my favorite colors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
If you have clothes that make you look frumpy, throw them out...

I agree. And what may have looked good when you 1st bought them could look different later depending on weight gain, etc.

Old 12-19-2020, 08:50 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,454,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I was just repeating what she's told the public.

I'm a size 7/8...26 waist, 32 hips.

Her hips are 41.
I agree with you. Her hips are almost ten inches larger than yours are.

Old 12-19-2020, 09:19 PM

102,198 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
Well, if you are looking for ideas, a nice look for a date is a hot pink skirt with a button up white shirt and a Navy blue v neck sweater on top. You could add pink stockings to cover the legs if it’s cold outside too .
What did you say the name of your planet is?

Old 12-19-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
You should write a "what to wear" book. The first dresses you describe as "sexy enough without being sleazy" would be my choice. I also really like this top - https://www.bebe.com/collections/clo...r-bright-white
but, I see it as a little sexier than you categorized it, but it's subtly sexy, a type of sexy men seem to fall for. It's also cute in purple.
"Subtly sexy"?! With the OP's body?? There would be nothing subtle about it! She said she didn't want to send the wrong message. A "keyhole" blouse with a large keyhole would definitely send a message. On that model, not so much. On a Kardashian---hoo boy! WAITER! We need a fire hose at table 6!

Old 12-19-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
If you have clothes that make you look frumpy, throw them out.

Nice designer jeans, a Ralph Lauren or Vineyard Vines button down shirt, light sweater on your shoulders and Tod's is a look that never gets old.
This, pretty much. Keep it simple. The only thing is, a Ralph Lauren button-down wouldn't fit the OP properly. She'd have to get a larger size and have it tailored, or find blouses made for curvier women, as suggested earlier. But this is the basic idea. Keep it simple.

Old 12-19-2020, 09:31 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,827,619 times
A-Line dress.
With your hair parted on the side, like those starlets in the 1940's movies...

Old 12-19-2020, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
A-Line dress.
With your hair parted on the side, like those starlets in the 1940's movies...
I love A-line dresses! They're great for camouflaging bigger boo-tays, too.

OP, here's the type of button down shirt you need. Casual, comfortable, but polished-looking. Too bad they don't have them in different colors.

https://images.ctfassets.net/bz0fvtk...jpg?q=80&w=550

Notice the tailoring. Notice how, although it does show your curves, it's also modest at the same time, without being frumpy. And it can be worn untucked, if you want to hide the mom-jeans high waist. You can roll the sleeves up to 3/4-length, for a more casual look. If you feel it's too curvy for a 1st date, you can wear a sweater over it.

There are more choices at the link below. I chose the "work wear" page of the catalog, because there are some tops there, that would be great on dates. V-necks without too deep a "V", longer silhouette, which is slimming, some light spandex to show that small waist of yours, while still being covered up. Great stuff. There's a midi-length shirtdress with side slits, if you want a dress below the knee. Conservative, but not at all frumpy. Classy.

Have fun!
https://www.bravissimo.com/us/collections/workwear/

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 12-19-2020 at 10:07 PM..

Old 12-19-2020, 10:56 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,279,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I love A-line dresses! They're great for camouflaging bigger boo-tays, too.

OP, here's the type of button down shirt you need. Casual, comfortable, but polished-looking. Too bad they don't have them in different colors.

https://images.ctfassets.net/bz0fvtk...jpg?q=80&w=550

Notice the tailoring. Notice how, although it does show your curves, it's also modest at the same time, without being frumpy. And it can be worn untucked, if you want to hide the mom-jeans high waist. You can roll the sleeves up to 3/4-length, for a more casual look. If you feel it's too curvy for a 1st date, you can wear a sweater over it.

There are more choices at the link below. I chose the "work wear" page of the catalog, because there are some tops there, that would be great on dates. V-necks without too deep a "V", longer silhouette, which is slimming, some light spandex to show that small waist of yours, while still being covered up. Great stuff. There's a midi-length shirtdress with side slits, if you want a dress below the knee. Conservative, but not at all frumpy. Classy.

Have fun!
https://www.bravissimo.com/us/collections/workwear/
Thank you for all the advice!

Especially Ruth, and Forever blue! Lots of good suggestions here!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty