Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 09:03 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,114,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
You think she's shorter than 5'2? If so, there's no way she's anywhere close to a size 10 or 12. She would literally look like a circle.
She's absolutely shorter than 5'2. She's probably a size eight on the bottom and a two on top. Before her BBL she was a size two or four.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 09:13 AM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
She's absolutely shorter than 5'2. She's probably a size eight on the bottom and a two on top. Before her BBL she was a size two or four.
She lists her bust size as a 34D. No way she fits into a size 2 top.

https://celebrityweight.fandom.com/wiki/Kim_Kardashian
Due to the fact that she received many comments from people saying that she can not possibly be that small, Kim also made a little video entitled “See, I told you!” and put it on her blog – in the video, she tried on 3 pairs of jeans in front of the camera, 2 of them size 27 and one pair size 26. And yes, she did get inside them – yes, they were extremely tight on her, and yes, she to squeeze herself in, but they did fit, although the pants seemed to fit to burst.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
She lists her bust size as a 34D. No way she fits into a size 2 top.
Her shoulders are really narrow and her rib cage is tiny.

Have you ever seen her in person?

Old 12-22-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Her shoulders are really narrow and her rib cage is tiny.

Have you ever seen her in person?
She did say she wears stretchy clothes so I guess one can squeeze into anything given that.

I'm 34B and size 2 is too tight on me IMHO.

She says her bust is 34 which is the measurement of your rib cage right under your boobs.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:33 AM

4,382 posts, read 2,282,245 times
I didn't know Kim was so tiny. I am 5'4" so my height is pretty average, if a bit short, but I relate to having kind of cartoonish proportions though. Small in most of my body except the chest and around the hips and butt. A few years ago my bra size was 32 G (though I've gained a little fat around the ribcage since then).

The butt is the biggest struggle though. If I were wealthy I would be able to have everything custom made like they do, but I have to buy off the rack. And now with not being able to use the fitting rooms it's a bigger challenge to get new clothes.

This might sound like a humble brag if you think this body type is attractive. I think some guys do find it so but the struggle is being able to look nice in casual clothes that fit while not looking like I'm straight advertising my body and after one thing.

Ive gotten some ideas of what I need to look for now. Thanks again!

Last edited by moongirl00; 12-22-2020 at 09:43 AM..

Old 12-22-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I didn't know Kim was so tiny. I am 5'4" so my height is pretty average, if a bit short, but I relate to having kind of cartoonist proportions though. Small in most of my body except the chest and around the hips and butt. A few years ago my bra size was 32 G (though I've gained some fat around the ribcage since then).

The butt is the biggest struggle though. If I were wealthy I would be able to have everything custom made like they do, but I have to buy off the rack. And now with not being able to use the fitting rooms it's a bigger challenge to get new clothes.

This might sound like a humble brag if you think this body type is attractive. I think guys do find it so but the struggle is being able to look nice in casual clothes that fit while not looking like I'm straight advertising my body and after one thing.

I guess I'm the opposite of you...no curves..and I have problems finding clothes myself.
I have to wear boys/men's jeans rather than women's jeans because women's jeans have too much hip space and I have no curvy hips.

I rarely wear dresses (A line if I do) but lots of flowy skirts and fitted tops which makes it appear as if I have more hip curve than I do.

It's a matter of finding the right style for your body type.

Old 12-22-2020, 10:19 AM

4,382 posts, read 2,282,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I guess I'm the opposite of you...no curves..and I have problems finding clothes myself.
I have to wear boys/men's jeans rather than women's jeans because women's jeans have too much hip space and I have no curvy hips.

I rarely wear dresses (A line if I do) but lots of flowy skirts and fitted tops which makes it appear as if I have more hip curve than I do.

It's a matter of finding the right style for your body type.
The flowy dresses do work on me too. Jeans are a problem because if they are big enough to fit around my butt they are usually too loose in the waist and they start to sag and I get a baggy butt which is very unattractive. I guess I can use a belt. But they also are often too long and also baggy around the lower leg area and then it looks like I'm wearing misfitted clothes.

Dark jeggings will probably be a solution though. I've got it solved if I can dress up a bit in a flowy dress or skirt but if I'm going hiking or just want a more casual look, I will have to do jeans.

Old 12-22-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:

If you are shortish and curvy, an A line dress is the worst thing you can wear. By emphasising the largest part of you, it will make you look heavier. While you think it is camflouging, it isn't.

A fitted dress will look the best on you.

This is the dress that will look best on you. You can adjust the length. I've got it in both colors because I'm hour glass shaped and get compliments every time I wear it.

https://jingus.com/collections/dress...g-sleeve-dress

Old 12-22-2020, 01:17 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
The flowy dresses do work on me too. Jeans are a problem because if they are big enough to fit around my butt they are usually too loose in the waist
You need to find a store/catalog that offers jeans in regular fit, and "curvy" fit. The curvy fit ones are designed for your figure type.

Old 12-22-2020, 01:21 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Love that white shirt - it's exactly what I've been looking for to add to my wardrobe. Now, hopefully it comes in a petite size. What is the name of the company? The link only shows a picture on my computer.
I linked the company at the bottom of the post you quoted. It's "Bravissima"; specializing in bras and clothing for women who are curvier on top. Their main focus is bras in larger sizes, so they don't have the quantity of selection in clothing of a regular fashion catalog, but what they do have is strategically designed and tailored to accommodate larger busts.

Good question regarding petite sizes. I don't think they have a petite section, but they should. Maybe you could shorten the hem and the sleeves. I realize the proportions would be different, but you might be able to get it to work. And you could write the company, and ask for petites. You probably wouldn't be the first person to request that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty