Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like crazy colored hair on women, or not?
Yes 16 30.19%
No 29 54.72%
Other (explain) 8 15.09%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 09:50 PM

368 posts, read 214,249 times

Advertisements

I was an 'Other' vote. Really depends on the woman, how it is done, and what the total package of the woman is. Generally I like something close to the natural color but realize the majority of women do some kind of coloring.

I've seen interesting looks with maroon, lavender/pinkish, bluish, grey, and even white (on a younger woman). I usually like an unusual color better with longer hair than with short, but I like longer hair more in general.

In and of itself it's not unattractive to me; but I'm not big on tats (a couple are OK but don't like heavy coverage) and they often come together. Another downside is the hair can sometimes look kind of dry/crispy (which an unusual color can accentuate) after long periods of dyeing, which isn't a huge turnoff but isn't optimal.

On the one hand it gives me a little pause, on the other hand that pause might translate into more attention and making me think there's more spunk/interestingness than average, and it can look sexy. I tend to like it more when it isn't expected based on the look/clothing style of the woman. Offsetting/mixing looks can be a sexy outcome; somewhat conservative dresser with offbeat color, punky girl with long/natural hairstyle, etc. That said, there's nothing at all wrong with conventional style for both dress and hair; as far as conveying uniqueness/coolness goes, the personality immeasurably overshadows the surface dress/accessories to me.

My overall view on hair is that having some length looks best for almost all women, including for black women (dreads/braids; though I've also seen some black women with ultra short that looked good) and I usually lean towards normal/natural colors in practice but don't at all make a blanket judgment based on an offbeat color.

Last edited by pclem; 10-12-2021 at 10:26 PM..

Old 10-12-2021, 10:42 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Lots of woman don't like gray as their natural color.

Old 10-13-2021, 03:48 AM

13 posts, read 8,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Lots of woman don't like gray as their natural color.
Question is about unusual hairdye like green,blue, other colour a mammal would never have

Old 10-13-2021, 04:22 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
I'm a female and I vote NO. People with crazy color hair in 2021 are just letting you know about the crazy part upfront in advance.

Old 10-13-2021, 05:02 AM

47 posts, read 20,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
How is hair coloring attention seeking???
Some (including males) do it for the shock value.

Old 10-13-2021, 09:26 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnachangski View Post
Some (including males) do it for the shock value.
I can't imagine being shocked by a person's hair color or style in 2021.

I mean, they sure tried in the 80s to be shocking with the punk styles, the mohawks and everything, but I dunno, maybe it's because I've never been a traditional or conservative person and I certainly had my "shock and scare the normal people!" phase in my teen years (though it was more goth than punk).... I see people of any age being expressive and eye catching with their appearance and I'm just like hey...good for you.

I don't really see anything shameful about wanting attention. I just got too lazy and/or busy with other things to keep putting effort into that.

I do see something shameful about a person who believes that if someone stands out, then they deserve to be punished for it. Like, "If you have done something that makes me notice you, then I now have the right to be an a-hole about it, be judgmental, sneer or leer or ogle, or go out of my way to make you uncomfortable. Because I DON'T LIKE IT. Nyah! I want the world to be as boring and bland as possible! You too spicy for my eyeballs!"

I mean, saying it's not to your taste, that you would not adopt that fashion or that it does not attract you sexually, is certainly fine. But saying, "Because I don't like this thing, no one should do it." ??? Who do you (general you, not you in particular) think you are? Why should another person care about our opinions?

It goes back to the root of this ideology that all people in a society should conform and any who don't should be punished and I hate it. Why would you want the world to be so boring? Why is it so bothersome to you, to anyone, that some people look different?

And for real, if a man, a man who sees himself as a manly masculine conservative sort of a man, in particular, feels a need to make scowly faces and spout off his opinion about the looks of a stranger who did not ask him and doesn't care, then I have one question that I feel really needs to be asked of him...

Why are you so sensitive about fashion? Maybe you need a thicker skin, dude.

Old 10-13-2021, 09:37 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
"You too spicy for my eyeballs!"
OK this cracked my ass up

Old 10-13-2021, 11:04 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OK this cracked my ass up
I really hope you read it in some kind of ridiculous Mario-esque brief foray into a silly accent, because that was in my head when I was typing it.

Old 10-13-2021, 11:15 AM

6,341 posts, read 4,912,913 times
I chose "other." Depends on the woman, the style and the color. I've seen some styles and colors that were very attractive and some that were way too bizarre.

Old 10-13-2021, 11:29 AM

73,045 posts, read 62,646,469 times
A woman with blue or pink hair, I am not into that. It looks crazy to me. I'm also not into the whole sleeve of tattoos or tattoos on certain body parts (I'd prefer if a woman didn't have ANY tattoos. I myself have no tattoos and will never get any).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty