Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like crazy colored hair on women, or not?
Yes 16 30.19%
No 29 54.72%
Other (explain) 8 15.09%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 06:55 PM

73,116 posts, read 62,771,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
I like to see crazy colored hair on women because it often means they're sexually uninhibited and will do damn near anything.
I don't. This is what I adhere to. I'm not having sex until I'm married. That is part of my morals. That is something I'm sticking to. For that reason, if a woman is just that uninhibited, I'm not interested. I'm not into crazy colored hair either.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:50 PM

10,918 posts, read 7,443,183 times
After reading all these responses, I'm going to go freshen up my color; somebody has to balance out all these uptight conservatives.
I'll think I'll go "full parrotfish" this time, blending from purple to blue to teal to green.

Old 10-13-2021, 09:20 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,159,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I have encountered any gender and age with that hair. All the way into like 80s.
Donna, it’s rather cheap way to get attention. Some likely just dumbly follow a fad.
I look at it as Walmart fashion.
Who is Donna?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
I like to see crazy colored hair on women because it often means they're sexually uninhibited and will do damn near anything.
That's funny. I suspect you are a male who is older, over 50?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Really. You see a woman's hair style and can't help but think about her vulva? Ick. I didn't need to know that. Sometimes I wish I never needed to leave my house and be among the likes of you.
Rinse and repeat above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
That is inappropriate.
Idk. Depends on the age of the poster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't. This is what I adhere to. I'm not having sex until I'm married. That is part of my morals. That is something I'm sticking to. For that reason, if a woman is just that uninhibited, I'm not interested. I'm not into crazy colored hair either.
That's fine for you. But I would never wait until marriage to find out if "we' were sexually compatible. That's on both of you... Don't be surprised when one of you "cheats". Just saying...

Old 10-13-2021, 09:35 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,447,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
After reading all these responses, I'm going to go freshen up my color; somebody has to balance out all these uptight conservatives.
I'll think I'll go "full parrotfish" this time, blending from purple to blue to teal to green.
That sounds amazing!

Old 10-13-2021, 10:48 PM

21,193 posts, read 19,809,403 times
"Mod Cut" is right.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:14 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,684,870 times
Don’t give a care what people do with their hair really, but many of the people with pink/purple hair seem to have mental health problems.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:28 AM

2,123 posts, read 1,469,850 times
I don't mind colors or radical hair styles on other people. My husb and I attended a fair earlier and I did point out all the women with bright colors in their hair.

For me, other than upgrading my style (always long with some layers), I have had the same hair color since college. Brown with highlights. If my highlights turn out too light I feel it is too "off" for me. Same with not light enough. I like to see "consistent me" so colors or radical changes in hair styles aren't for me.

We have one girl at work that constantly changes her hair style and colors (nothing radical with the colors). She always looks great, but that is what she likes to do.

green_mariner, I admire your morals. You don't need to listen to what others say. Stick to your convictions. Our political views, if I remember, are polar opposites - Signed - A Conservative (in appearance, morals, politics and hair color).

Old 10-14-2021, 06:35 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,119,344 times
Sitting here with pink streaks in my hair - that I did myself and that took basically no time and created no mess. Also, it washes out in 5-10 washes. Like newdixiegirl said, I can't go anywhere - ANYWHERE - without people of all ages and genders telling me they love my hair. I don't know whether they do or not, nor do I care, because I did it for me. But it's still nice. I mean, I agree with them - I love my hair. That's why I did it.

This is my fourth or fifth go round with it, I don't know, I've lost track. Sometimes I do just one streak at the front, sometimes I do streaks all over, it varies. Often I don't do it for several months after it washes out. Sometimes I go lavender and sometimes I go light pink and this last time I went a pretty vivid pink. I love it. I have tried blue but it doesn't look as good as pink does on me. I haven't done green.

Oh and when this go round fades, which it will in a coupla weeks, I am going to get platinum put back in my hair for winter - I love that look and it's very elegant. I already have a lot of white hair on top but this really pops it - I have it done in very natural looking streaks and it really looks good. It just lightens up everything and it goes great with my winter wardrobe - LOL. Pink goes well with my summer wardrobe which is why I generally go with pink streaks in warmer weather.

I am 59. Oh and I'm fairly conservative, at least fiscally. More of an independent/moderate socially. Hey, I'm Catholic - we don't fit into any one particular political party but that's OK.

Funny aside story - my husband was color blind. He truly could not see that I had pink highlights in my hair and he kept wondering why people kept coming up to me telling me they loved my hair. Finally someone said "I love your pink hair." My husband was SHOCKED - he said "YOU HAVE PINK HAIR?" lol I said "Yes, and you can't even see it - what does it matter to you?" His only answer was stuttering and then he said "But...but...but you're a grandmother. And I don't like pink hair." Silly wabbit - he couldn't even SEE pink hair! I didn't do anything about it by the way.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 10-14-2021 at 06:57 AM..

Old 10-14-2021, 07:30 AM

7,986 posts, read 3,516,170 times
It looks hot on the right woman but most of the women doing it nowadays are, uh....not the right women.

Old 10-14-2021, 09:41 AM

1,593 posts, read 1,135,461 times
I assume your talking bright unusual hair color choices like green, blue, gray, etc. For me it truly depends. Yes, a cop out I recognize that. I think it works better on the younger generation.

Hayley Williams from the band Paramore had dyed her hair bright red for years ...she was ultra cute.

Emma Stone is cute in red verses the blond.

Though on the flip side My former CEO was an older Asian lady (50's?) with obviously jet black hair. She started putting dark blue streaks in her hair and it actually looked pretty kewl with the blue mixed with the black.

One color I can not stand is platinum blond. That looks terrible on everyone everywhere regardless of generation or era. ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.