Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like crazy colored hair on women, or not?
Yes 16 30.19%
No 29 54.72%
Other (explain) 8 15.09%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 03:28 PM

3,933 posts, read 2,213,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
How is hair coloring attention seeking???
What is it then?

In the nature bright colors are definitely for attention seeking = mating or for a disguise.

In humans - the bright hair is a stand out, so can’t be a disguise

What is left is - attention seeking in one way or the other:
- I am different
- I am confident, like it and don’t give a f
- I have a boatloads of time and money - high maintenance + #1, #2 above
- I am artistic and creative and use myself as a canvas as a one person right here, right now exhibition (Have too much time on my hands and no real job)
- I am overcompensating for my low self esteem and a lack of confidence
Etc, etc.?

Old 10-13-2021, 03:49 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,418,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I have a better question…. Who the hell cares what men think?
Yes - I really do get tired of these kinds of questions/posts...seems to mostly be in terms of how women look that men don't approve of.

If you don't approve then...don't do it yourself...and find someone who looks how you want them to. Don't think you can shame them into changing (oh, I know, they're all cray cray anyway, right, so who'd want them?)

Old 10-13-2021, 04:02 PM

20,417 posts, read 14,722,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
What is it then?

In the nature bright colors are definitely for attention seeking = mating or for a disguise.

In humans - the bright hair is a stand out, so can’t be a disguise

What is left is - attention seeking in one way or the other:
- I am different
- I am confident, like it and don’t give a f
- I have a boatloads of time and money - high maintenance + #1, #2 above
- I am artistic and creative and use myself as a canvas as a one person right here, right now exhibition (Have too much time on my hands and no real job)
- I am overcompensating for my low self esteem and a lack of confidence
Etc, etc.?
Different. A bad thing why?

Confident. A bad thing why?

Has time and/or money. Bad, why?

Artistic and creative. ??? You think it means that they don't have a real job? I have a very successful career, but I am also sometimes artistic and creative. The two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Overcompensating for low self esteem and lack of confidence... OK wait, you just said that they were confident, now you're saying that they're not?

Also, the "well, in nature" arguments are tiresome. We are not poison dart frogs. We are humans. In nature, computers don't exist. And yet, here we are. You know what else? In nature, no other creature shaves the hair off its legs or any other part of it, so shall the ladies stop doing that as well? Some say so...

Why would anyone want a disguise, or need one?

Are we supposed to be pretending to all of the other humans that we have no personality? How obligated ought we be to try not to be noticed? Should I invest in a ghillie suit to be a proper woman...I mean shrub. Definitely a shrub! Nothing to notice here... Pay no attention to the shrub!!

Again, I get that some might consider it to be attention seeking. So what, though? Fine, they like to be looked at, and enjoy some measure of attention from others. Why is this so offensive to some people's sensibilities? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sorry, just...all just seems very much ado about nothing, and as such it has pushed my snark button.

Old 10-13-2021, 04:26 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,159,582 times
Cotton candy hair makes me crave cotton candy for some reason.

Old 10-13-2021, 04:29 PM

19,100 posts, read 27,685,875 times
I have encountered any gender and age with that hair. All the way into like 80s.
Donna, it’s rather cheap way to get attention. Some likely just dumbly follow a fad.
I look at it as Walmart fashion.

Old 10-13-2021, 04:40 PM

3,158 posts, read 2,740,971 times
I like to see crazy colored hair on women because it often means they're sexually uninhibited and will do damn near anything.

Old 10-13-2021, 04:46 PM

1,406 posts, read 804,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I have a better question…. Who the hell cares what men think?
The OP obviously

Old 10-13-2021, 05:01 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,768,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I really hope you read it in some kind of ridiculous Mario-esque brief foray into a silly accent, because that was in my head when I was typing it.
Totally

Old 10-13-2021, 05:03 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,768,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Purple hair is right up there with tats. It's a cry for help.

To digress, when i see a hair color that differs from the "natural", i wonder what color the landscaping down below might be? Shoes and pocketbook "match" sort of fashion thingy.
Really. You see a woman's hair style and can't help but think about her vulva? Ick. I didn't need to know that. Sometimes I wish I never needed to leave my house and be among the likes of you.

Old 10-13-2021, 06:22 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,446,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
To digress, when i see a hair color that differs from the "natural", i wonder what color the landscaping down below might be? Shoes and pocketbook "match" sort of fashion thingy.
That is inappropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.