Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2024, 03:26 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,157,537 times

Advertisements

I recommend Estee Lauder. Or Avon- their perfumes tend to be light.

I also agree, don't get too wild with your routine, as the big day is stressful for everyone.

If you have legit concerns about staining dresses, you can use bodywash & it's almost as good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2024, 04:38 PM

388 posts, read 307,834 times
What about a few drops of an essential oil blend on your wrists & neck? I prefer them because they don't have that overpowering perfume effect that gives me a headache. If you like citrus, NOW essetial oils does a "Cheer Up, Buttercup" that is lovely and one called "Smiles for Miles" that adds a bit of vanilla and nutmeg to citrus scents. You could buy a variety of your favorites and mix up your own custom blend, even.

Old 02-08-2024, 04:55 PM

9,467 posts, read 5,237,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Your wedding day is not the time to experiment with fragrances. Don’t you have a favorite already? If not, maybe it’s not your thing. Why start now?

Just for the record, I like Angel, by Thierry Muglar.
that was one of my favorites. Always got compliments.

but I agree. Your wedding day is not the day to experiment.

Old 02-08-2024, 05:02 PM

9,424 posts, read 11,179,571 times
Glade? It comes in many flavors.

Old 02-08-2024, 05:54 PM

6,468 posts, read 3,987,792 times
What's your aim in wearing the perfume? I assume it's for your husband/wife since according to the "rules" of perfume, they're the only one who should be able to smell it (since they're the only one who will be very close to you). So... what do they like?

Old 02-08-2024, 06:09 PM

2,230 posts, read 1,335,158 times
Fragrance is so personal. It cannot go wrong with your preferred brand and choice.
Scented soap can boost, prolong the fragrance, and smells clean.

Old 02-08-2024, 06:21 PM

12,783 posts, read 15,001,003 times
Thanks a lot guys for the choices! I'll add some to my list to try to check out.

To those who said don't start a new scent ON the wedding day, I understand the logic, but it's not going to be nearly as stressful/intense a day as many weddings normally are or can be. I'll tell you the scenario here. In a week, fiance' & I are going to be a part of multiple couples getting married at a mass marriage ceremony at a church on Valentine's night in the evening. (We don't know any of the other couples.) The ceremony's supposed to last 1.5 hrs (if they start on time). Other than fiance' & I, the only other loved one who'll be w/ us is my widowed mom to walk me down the aisle. Right after, we're going straight home to be warm & cozy (since it's been doing a lot of rare raining lately for our area)...not staying for the reception they're having. What's wrong w/ wanting to smell nice? No big deal trying some new scent if I like how it smells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
This is too personal. Whatever we like or whatever is trendy might not by your style and might not smell good on you. Even the same perfume doesn't smell the same on different people.

First find your style. Your style is your unique signature. People would associate that smell with you.
Styles are grouped like: spicy, woody, floral, herbs, citrus... heavy and light. Know the difference between perfume, eau de parfum, eau de toilette, eau de cologne and eau fraiche...[/url]

True, but I said that I like citrusy, fruity, outdoorsy, &/or grassy types, so surely someone out there knows what current perfumes out there have those notes to point me in the right direction to check them out & save me a lot of time looking. I haven't worn perfume in a long time, so I don't know which ones out there smell citrusy (for example) these days (but I'm sure others out there do).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaAma View Post
What about a few drops of an essential oil blend on your wrists & neck? I prefer them because they don't have that overpowering perfume effect that gives me a headache. If you like citrus, NOW essetial oils does a "Cheer Up, Buttercup" that is lovely and one called "Smiles for Miles" that adds a bit of vanilla and nutmeg to citrus scents. You could buy a variety of your favorites and mix up your own custom blend, even.

Yes, good idea too. I have come EOs, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
What's your aim in wearing the perfume? I assume it's for your husband/wife since according to the "rules" of perfume, they're the only one who should be able to smell it (since they're the only one who will be very close to you). So... what do they like?

Why does anyone wear perfume? To have a nice scent to smell nice, perhaps wear something their partner likes, to feel a little special, &/or as a small way of pampering. I'll wear what I like/want. Won't have time to have fiance' come w/ me to look around for fragrances. That can be next time around maybe. No, I don't wear perfumes often & haven't in eons, but I may this time if there's something I like.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 02-08-2024 at 06:44 PM..

Old 02-08-2024, 06:42 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Just a light spritz of anything you find pleasant should do. Don't try to make your perfume be a "scent memory" of your wedding, let the flowers do that

Old 02-08-2024, 06:48 PM

12,783 posts, read 15,001,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Just a light spritz of anything you find pleasant should do. Don't try to make your perfume be a "scent memory" of your wedding, let the flowers do that

Right, I agree w/ that idea. Not planning on a "scent memory".

Old 02-08-2024, 07:30 PM

686 posts, read 721,746 times
I am not sure what your price range is but, the Body Fantasy line that Walmart usually carries have some good scents that are on the cheaper side. Here is one that sounds like what you are describing...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fant...l-oz/893359906

I usually get the Sweet Pea scent, but there are others that smell good too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty