Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 11:05 PM

738 posts, read 1,884,589 times

Advertisements

I don't think that sagging pants were ever meant to be fashionable.

Prisoners wear their pants low and show their butts because belts are not allowed in prison.
Belts pose a popular threat as a popular way to commit suicide by hanging yourself, to hang someone else or to use as a weapon in prison brawls/fights/riots.

Prisoners are not allowed to have shoestrings for the same reasons.

There is an even more obvious reason why pants are sagging in prison.

If the pants are below a man's butt, it is to introduce to other prisoners (men) that he is homosexual.
As Eazy E: Rapper: once said about women in skirts, "For easy access, baby."

IMHO: it's disrespectful & it is disgustingly sloppy. :

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 11:41 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naelivia View Post
There's actually a new product for hiding butt-cracks. Forgot what it's called, but it's basically a black pad that you insert into the back of your pants, and a part of it sticks out to prevent any display of your butt-crack.
Ball cap. When you're not wearing it on your head, you stick the bill of your cap into the back of your pants.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:37 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,035,544 times
Here's another idiot with enough sense to wear matching socks and headgear. Why is he wearing suspenders if he has no intention of pulling up his pants?

Does anyone want to speculate on the meaning of the rag hanging out of his left back pocket?

Also: note how his belt is cinched up tight enough to keep the pants from going up any further. He might actually be holding his belt with his left hand.

Last edited by Charles22; 08-07-2010 at 11:47 AM..

Old 08-07-2010, 07:24 PM

18,472 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Here's another idiot with enough sense to wear matching socks and headgear. Why is he wearing suspenders if he has no intention of pulling up his pants?

Does anyone want to speculate on the meaning of the rag hanging out of his left back pocket?

Also: note how his belt is cinched up tight enough to keep the pants from going up any further. He might actually be holding his belt with his left hand.
OMG, it doesn't mean anything, it is just an accessorie. kinda like a scarf.....
ugh, why does everyone think everything has to MEAN something....ugh !!!!!

Old 08-07-2010, 09:46 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZEL View Post
I don't think that sagging pants were ever meant to be fashionable.

Prisoners wear their pants low and show their butts because belts are not allowed in prison.
Belts pose a popular threat as a popular way to commit suicide by hanging yourself, to hang someone else or to use as a weapon in prison brawls/fights/riots.

Prisoners are not allowed to have shoestrings for the same reasons.

There is an even more obvious reason why pants are sagging in prison.

If the pants are below a man's butt, it is to introduce to other prisoners (men) that he is homosexual.
As Eazy E: Rapper: once said about women in skirts, "For easy access, baby."

IMHO: it's disrespectful & it is disgustingly sloppy. :

Yes, you are correct. Which it is why I tell my brother to stop sagging his pants because it's creepy.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
OMG, it doesn't mean anything, it is just an accessorie. kinda like a scarf.....
ugh, why does everyone think everything has to MEAN something....ugh !!!!!
I know for a fact that gang kids and also drug dealers wear handkerchiefs in various pockets as an identification symbol. It DOES mean something.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:16 AM

18,472 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
I know for a fact that gang kids and also drug dealers wear handkerchiefs in various pockets as an identification symbol. It DOES mean something.
UGH, NOT everyone that wears a hankerchief is in a gang.
or a drug dealer.....

Old 08-12-2010, 11:30 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,860,822 times
The hankie means he's a wannabee. All these dweebie guys dress like gang members because they want to appear tough even though they aren't. Actually that guy's dress makes me think he looks sissy with the tight knit green stripe girl's socks and skin tight pants. But he probably thinks he looks really cool.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:08 PM

Someone trusted this kid to represent their corporate sponsors at the SF Marathon:

moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 11-23-2015 at 01:56 AM..

Old 08-03-2011, 09:20 PM

591 posts, read 866,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
The sagging pants phenomenon is not new. In the late 80's early 90's, Kids started to wear there pants much looser than before. This proceeded to guys sagging there pants. I just can't believe that after all these years, it's still popular. I'm 32 and can't believe these kids are still doing something that we did so long ago. It's not like a style that came back because it never changed. The new generation just don't seem to know how to come up with something new and different. Young males have been wearing baseball caps, sagging jeans and timberland boots for like 20 years now. We have parents and kids dressing alike now LOL. The parents are still wearing what they wore in high school and the kids are doing the same because it's still in fashion LOL.
Same with Rap, I heard the first one (that I paid attention to) in 1990. It's still going on, God only knows why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty