Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:12 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,831,329 times

Advertisements

Overweight women should wear cloths that flatter them, not tight cloths. It is a fact, it just does not look good. I have seen a lot of nice looking overweight women dressed very nicely without looking terrible in tight cloths. It is what a person wears and the color, everything. This is true for thin women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 08:38 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
What about overweight males who wear tight pants right below their oversized stomaches? Some guys do that so horribly that it looks like they're nine months pregnant with triplets!!!

And what about the guys who wear button-ups that are stretching apart? Ya know, to the point where their massive amount of *gross* chest hair is popping out? UGGGH.

Much worse than a woman who may have grown a few inches out of her pants.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:26 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
It's a kind of denial. She says to herself, "I am not overweight since I can still wear these size 10 jeans." She has convinced herself that she doesn't really need to lose weight as she orders giant size fries and a double cheeseburger.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
It's a kind of denial. She says to herself, "I am not overweight since I can still wear these size 10 jeans." She has convinced herself that she doesn't really need to lose weight as she orders giant size fries and a double cheeseburger.
Size ten is not fat!

Old 10-08-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
No they do not have friends or their friends have very poor taste too.

The only people whom look good in tights are very skinny or thin or athletic folks.
Men look stupid in tights, especially the bulge, but...My ex used to wear bike shorts and he looked fine as hell!

Old 10-08-2008, 07:32 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
Artsywoman....I didn't say that size 10 was fat. I said that she thought she wasn't fat because she could STILL get into the size 10. There's a big difference.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:54 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
What about overweight males who wear tight pants right below their oversized stomaches? Some guys do that so horribly that it looks like they're nine months pregnant with triplets!!!

And what about the guys who wear button-ups that are stretching apart? Ya know, to the point where their massive amount of *gross* chest hair is popping out? UGGGH.

Much worse than a woman who may have grown a few inches out of her pants.

Come on Kuharai, ain't nuttin wrong with a lil' belly

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 10-09-2008, 10:42 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,020,231 times
My aged opinion is that the current styles are the problem...all you see are short, tight, skimpy tee-shirts or tops that look like maternity clothing, which makes a lot of gals look pregnant when they are not. There really isn't a lot to choose from for casual wear other than those two extremes. Soooo, the gals who don't want to look pregnant opt for the short, tight, skimpy tee-tops and bulge out and over them. I have resorted to bluejeans and men's shirts...ha!

Old 10-09-2008, 10:45 AM

139 posts, read 724,012 times
I see extremely obese ladies at the local beaches wearing string bikinis . I don't get it... maybe they just want to be nude, but add the string bikini to stay legal?

Old 10-09-2008, 10:54 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldsky View Post
It doesn't have anything to do with socio-economic class, age, employment, ethnicity, formal education... Just a lack of common sense or education in the sense of realizing what you look good in or not. Sensible friends could be a real help. I think it looks gross myself. If you're hanging out, don't wear it.
Actually, I would beg to differ. If you look at people in the upper reaches of society, you find far, far fewer overweight people. I live in a prosperous suburb and everybody appears to be within their fighting weight. Stray out to working class areas and there are more widettes than you can shake a stick at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty