Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 06:30 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,448,141 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried laser to get rid of little red capillaries on the face?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 06:36 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Yes, I did and I was sorry that I didn't have it done sooner. It was less expensive than I thought and wasn't too painful- like a tiny rubber band snapping me in the face. The worst part for me was the anxiety of not knowing when the zap was coming, as my eyes were shielded. Once she gave me the heads up, it was ok. I was told that I would probably have to have a second treatment, but turned out that I didn't.

My face was warm for a couple of hours afterward, but they gave me a jell pad to use and it was almost like a sunburn feeling on those sections. Not horrible. And I had to stay out of the sun for a few days afterward. I had very good results.

I can tell you that I have not regretted it and will do it again if needed. Wish I could afford to have it done on my legs, but I am on a low maintenance plan for the time being!

Old 03-09-2009, 09:02 PM

HIF,

Thanks! I'm going to have it done as soon as I start making money again. I have a lot of little broken capillaries all over my face, and I think they make me look a little too red. I don't like it..

W

Old 03-10-2009, 09:37 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Try arnica gel and horse chestnut. Buy it strait so you are sure of the purity. The arnica may be enough alone. You can also use it on your legs. Dont skip the applications or it wont work. Apply it twice a day.

You can find both those things at a health food store.

Using horse chestnut with witch hazel will help keep them away. I don't do that myself. But it can help if you are prone to them.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:08 AM

Thanks Pitt! I think I need laser to jump start the process!

Old 06-08-2009, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 14,789 times
Hi,

I live in Cedar Park. Who did you go to? I really need my cheeks done, they are terrible. I'm glad it worked so well for you. Hope I have the same results.

Please let me know.

Thanks Ginger

Old 06-08-2009, 05:24 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
I didn't even know this was a problem for so many people. I just have those yucky blue veins under my eyes that look like bags. I would go through any procedure to get rid of them.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:51 PM

486 posts, read 2,113,063 times
There's this web site in Vegas that the doctor will answer your questions.
He tells you what is good and what not to waste your money on.
So many people write into him that sometimes if I'm not on this site, I take a visit to his just to read and be updated on the new technology out there.

I had the IPL on some broken caps and after a few treatments it really worked. It feels like a rubber band smacking your skin like every second. Worth the pain. The dermatologists office is a good place to start to get prices on treatment. Or try a plastic surgeons office. Day spa's are okay, but you want to make sure that the person doing the laser has the proper training. Many people get burned and the skin gets damaged. Be careful of where you go.

oh, the site is Las Vegas Cosmetic Surgery - Dr. Julio L. Garcia - Las Vegas Plastic Surgery - Questions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty