Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2007, 10:31 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,735 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Austin Tx. I am thinking of checking out Fayetteville area. I was just wondering if someone can clue me into the weather. Is it hotter than Texas, what about humidity. Does the humidity ease after summer. I would really apreciate your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 10:40 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
It is cooler than Austin in the summer time and much colder in the winter. In NWA you get 4 distict seasons. The humidity should be slightly higher than what you are used to being that you're in the Austin area (which is drier), but its not near as bad as Houston, the deep south, or even the River Valley/Fort Smith area in Arkansas. NWA really has more of a midwestern feel than a southern feel, not only in weather but in culture too.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:41 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
It is cooler than Austin in the summer time and much colder in the winter. In NWA you get 4 distict seasons. The humidity should be slightly higher than what you are used to being that you're in the Austin area (which is drier), but its not near as bad as Houston, the deep south, or even the River Valley/Fort Smith area in Arkansas. NWA really has more of a midwestern feel than a southern feel, not only in weather but in culture too.
how long does the humidity last. In texas it goes on for 5 months. Also, it does not get cool here at night, it just gets let hot. Im Originally from Oregon, got transfered to Texas, and looking to escape.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
how long does the humidity last. In texas it goes on for 5 months. Also, it does not get cool here at night, it just gets let hot. Im Originally from Oregon, got transfered to Texas, and looking to escape.
I know what you mean; We lived in Dallas area for 13 years after 7 in the DC area. In DC our nights were hot, but not all that bad and summer was mid June to mid Sept. In Texas the nights were awful and the summer was late Arpil to mid October.

Even knowing AR will be humid we are anxious to sacrifice the wonderful weather in NM to be closer to our families, plus the summer not being as long I think will make a big difference. Now, if they could just do something with the creepy crawlers that I have heard are everywhere, I would be happy.

Nita

Old 07-10-2007, 11:50 AM

154 posts, read 679,679 times
So far this summer the humidity in NWA is worse than most summers because of the consistent heavy rain we have experienced. If your visiting NWA currently or have over the past few weeks, our normal humidity level is not as bad as it has been so far this year.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:10 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulder View Post
So far this summer the humidity in NWA is worse than most summers because of the consistent heavy rain we have experienced. If your visiting NWA currently or have over the past few weeks, our normal humidity level is not as bad as it has been so far this year.
We were there about 3 weeks ago, before you got the rain, but after parts of MO. It was bad, still nothing like Texas. Of course in wasn't July either. I think we have to sacrifice one thing for another occassionally unless someone has found Utopia. If they have, better keep in a secret or we will all flock there and it won't be Utopia anymore.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:39 PM

154 posts, read 679,679 times
Usually this time of year we are all watering our lawns just to try and keep the landscape alive, but with all the rain we’ve had, everything has stayed luscious and green. One way to beat the humidity is to float one of the many rivers in the area - all are reporting great floating conditions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers