Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 07:53 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,358,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Heading west? I think you see it more heading east!!! Oh well. Actually, after being raised in Los Angeles, living 13 years in Dallas and 7 in the Albuquerque area none of what we see here comes close to feeling like we are nearing the border...

Nita
Have you ever been to the Walmart in Springdale? My wife had to work with one of the vendors there for a few days and the lady she was working with could not speak English. Most of the customers did not speak English either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 07:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
Have you ever been to the Walmart in Springdale? My wife had to work with one of the vendors there for a few days and the lady she was working with could not speak English. Most of the customers did not speak English either.
I don't think I have, but I have been to enough other stores, like Sams..I know, it is a little bit scary in some ways. I am not putting anyone down, but I am also getting tired of people living here and not speaking English. I guess that is a subject for a different thread though. It still can't compare with some places we have lived..

Nita

ps: I will admit, when we moved here, 2 years ago I was a little taken back by the number of Hispanics.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:07 PM

13 posts, read 29,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workervr View Post
Hi there,
My hubby is being transfered to Springdale. We live in Chicago. My children are in a very small and very good Catholic school. I have already checked and the Catholic schools in Arkansas are not very good or very very expensive compared to Chicago. So my question for you all fine folks is where is the BEST school system in NW Arkansas. By best I mean by test scores. I dont care about national merit etc. test scores whatever achievement tests are taken in Arkansas. We dont care about the commute anything will be better than Chicago !! within reason.

Are there any catholic communities? Also any very good allstar cheerleading and tumbling gyms? I am having a hard time finding stuff. I grew up in Kansas so I am very much looking foreward to escaping the excesses of the suburbs of chicago. Although I have been warned that NW arkansas is like one big suburb. is this true?

I hope you all are well and thanks so much for your help,

Rebecca
I lived in NWA for 5 years and loved it. Had to move b/c of my husband's job. I lived in Rogers and my son when to Rogers HS. It was a really good school. Bentonville schools are good too.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:00 AM

30 posts, read 61,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Kris,

You certainly haven't lived many places if you think NWA is just a big suburb. NWA is made up of several small cities, each with a personality. The only resemblanced to a true suburb would be the way Rogers and Bentonville run together. Tue burbs do not have rural communities almost everywhere..

Of course I did read your bio, I do have to wonder what type of pre college classes you are taking and what college you you are planning on attending? My guess, you are not in advanced English classes.. I do find your interests and hobbies very interesting to say the least.

Nita
Nita,

i DONT think it is a big suburd thats what i said...and no i havnt lived in many places i was raised here all my life and i know its not a one big suburb and i know it has personallity thats one of the things i love most about here.
No not in advanced english there is a really good reason 4it also. As for college it is undecided...the pre-college classes are just basics like college level math science and all that nothing fancy.

Thinks i guess on the hobbies and interests...

Old 04-01-2010, 05:06 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,358,257 times
You won't ever get anyone to take you seriously when you talk in twitter slang.

r u 2 young 2 no n e better?

Old 04-06-2010, 09:24 AM

I dont talk in twitter slang i dont even get on twitter its over rated...i talk how i always talk

Old 04-06-2010, 10:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
You won't ever get anyone to take you seriously when you talk in twitter slang.

r u 2 young 2 no n e better?
kinda scary isn't it, kids taking advanced classes, claiming they don't use twitter and still writing this way??

Nita

Old 04-06-2010, 10:53 AM

I never said i was taking advanced classes!! and i am not on twitter

Old 04-06-2010, 12:39 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSweetheart-Kris View Post
I never said i was taking advanced classes!! and i am not on twitter
What they are talking about is the shorthand that's becoming common because of texting and twittering. Leaving out punctuation or letters because you think the meaning will still remain intact. It's efficient, but it can be distracting as well.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:26 PM

59 posts, read 192,606 times
I think for the record, the other poster was also saying "NOT a big suburb"

Matches my experience there. Though I would imagine the towns are more compressed than Kansas farm towns. I would imagine though, that 10-20 years from now what we'll see is that the towns begin to run into each other a lot more in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers