Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2013, 06:01 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,254,141 times

Advertisements

I have a Metropolitan Museum of Art calendar. 30 September was a Carlton room divider by Ettore Sottass. When I saw that I was thinking what fun it would be to have such and be able to rearrange it whenever the mood strikes. Using the same pieces; create something entirely different. Not only turn the artistic spirit in the owner loose but get the attention of guests also. Have them wondering if they saw wrong the day before. Wouldn't it be fun?

Just dreaming here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 02:17 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,213,194 times
Sounds like something for you to work on. Explore your own ideas of such a room divider and see how complicated it is to make it rearrangeable and then work out a way to make it easier. But don't just copy, design your own.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
Sounds like something for you to work on. Explore your own ideas of such a room divider and see how complicated it is to make it rearrangeable and then work out a way to make it easier. But don't just copy, design your own.
Sounds like a lot of fun. And, yes, be original. I don't know why that design made me think of such. Just seemed exciting. But, yes, finding a way to be able to rearrange them is the big challenge. Each one is made to stand a certain way.

Ah well. Something to think about.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:45 PM

2 posts, read 1,196 times
Default Design

I guess, anyone can be very excited being interested in such a design and I think you are one of those. You might have the talent related to creating art, practicing the arts, or demonstrating an art. My only advice is to display your own craft, the way you initiate or express in every design that you will do. Uniqueness in here is important too

Old 11-26-2013, 04:48 AM

Something to think about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Fine Arts