Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 10:15 AM

91 posts, read 323,574 times

Advertisements

I don't understand that hostility and bitterness here.....

Did you read my post? We are going to flagstaff, assuming the relo offer is what it should be.
I am not a 'stay at home' mom. I work, but my office is at home, and my clients are all over the country. I put in years of long long hours to get the skills and client base to allow me to earn money while working in a home office.

Also, I know plenty of stay at home moms who have real problems. Their problems may be different than a single mom's, but trust me they are quite real. Why should you want to negate the problems that a married woman faces? Sounds like biterness and jealously to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 10:42 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,556,201 times
I have never been to Flagstaff and don't have much of an opinion about Florida, but I do have something to say about breaking a major promise to your children! I believe as parents that we should give our children the best start in life possible. Breaking a very important promise is not a good way to do that.

I understand that things happen. Situations change. But it's not as if you and your family have to make this move. Your husband is being selfish. While I agree that there may never be a great time to move and uproot your kids, at least they can get through high school. Every year closer to adulthood (and many boys don't truly become men until they're in their early 20s) is a step in the right direction, given that they have stability.

I'm sure you have good kids, but no one wants to have to readjust to a new high school where all of the cliques have been formed, etc. I wouldn't make them do that just to satisfy your husband's wanderlust. Why are his needs more important than three other people's?

I can't wait to move from my apartment, but I'm sticking it out for a year or two longer, just so my son can hopefully get his act together. Parenting is all about sacrifice, and it's not always fun or comfortable. Best of luck to you, whatever happens, and I hope that you can all be happy in Flagstaff if this is where you all end up.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowannamove View Post
I don't understand that hostility and bitterness here.....

Did you read my post? We are going to flagstaff, assuming the relo offer is what it should be.
I am not a 'stay at home' mom. I work, but my office is at home, and my clients are all over the country. I put in years of long long hours to get the skills and client base to allow me to earn money while working in a home office.

Also, I know plenty of stay at home moms who have real problems. Their problems may be different than a single mom's, but trust me they are quite real. Why should you want to negate the problems that a married woman faces? Sounds like biterness and jealously to me.
off the subject as I was never a single mom so can't say anything very intelligent except, I do know single moms have a heck of lot more problems than stay at home moms or moms that are working. What I would like to have cleared up? Originally I think one of your arguments was you might have trouble finding a job, but now you say, you are home based and have clients all over the country, I am confused about which is right? I happen to be home based and have clients all over the country as well, this made re-locating much easier for me.

As for the Native American population, yes, it is high and yes, many work in the service industries..Just like much of florida with a high hispanic population. I think this goes with about any state one would choose to live in today. Even here in NWA we have a heavy Hispanic population because of the chicken industry. Certainly I would let this concern me too much. Flagstaff is rather liberal and flexible in their thinking, afterall it is a college town.

Nita

Old 09-21-2008, 04:14 PM

91 posts, read 323,574 times
Sandyco, yes, I have felt exactly what you are saying. But.....I can't stop my husband. So the best thing is for me to try to make the move as smooth and happy as possible.

To the poster who is confused about my job situation. I have clients all over the country for my marcom biz. I also teach yoga and fitness - those clients
are local.

I'm one of those 'type A' folks, so I always have to keep busy and even turn my hobbies into money making ventures (eg yoga) I'm not much for shopping, watching tv or stuff like that. So I do marcom for work, teach yoga for work/hobbie, and am taking classes to become a nurse practitioner because I'm getting burned out on marketing.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowannamove View Post
Sandyco, yes, I have felt exactly what you are saying. But.....I can't stop my husband. So the best thing is for me to try to make the move as smooth and happy as possible.

To the poster who is confused about my job situation. I have clients all over the country for my marcom biz. I also teach yoga and fitness - those clients
are local.

I'm one of those 'type A' folks, so I always have to keep busy and even turn my hobbies into money making ventures (eg yoga) I'm not much for shopping, watching tv or stuff like that. So I do marcom for work, teach yoga for work/hobbie, and am taking classes to become a nurse practitioner because I'm getting burned out on marketing.
ok, you should have absolutely no trouble teaching YOga, it would be very popular in Flagstaff, your clients are all over the country so this isn't a problem and your classes, I am sure you can enroll in Northern Az Univesity. Of course the competition may be stiff (we have a couple of granddaughters who will soon be NPs, well one, a Physicians assistant) the other a NP. You know, it is time consuming and a very difficult journey but sounds like you will be able to handle it. With all this going for you, I don't see where you have time to worry or care where you live as long as the schools are good for your kids.

Nita

Old 09-22-2008, 04:59 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,021,882 times
Nowanna....I haven't read completely through the thread but I think I caught a jist of the situation. When I was a teen I moved into a new high school halfway through... Junior Year. I was at first annoyed and pissed off and feeling like my parents were trying to destin me to a life of being on the B-list...but...lo and behold! I was suddenly the new kid with no baggage and no past to live up to, I changed my name from the ridiculous nickname I had grown up with and used my given, adult name, all the boys were interested in meeting me, all the clubs were interested in having me join...it was a fresh start and I fell into my new school with ease. I actually loved the change and the chance to recreate myself.

I am not saying all teens would have my experience but many, many have...so...I say, do what you need to do. Your kids will survive and will form their own lives regardless. They will undoubtedly grow and learn and expand from experiencing a new place with new cultures and new people, even if they don't realize it at the time. Everything happens for a reason, I truly believe that...so this will result in something positive for all of you.

Namaste!

Old 09-23-2008, 09:09 PM

329 posts, read 1,276,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by China Doll Me View Post
JMO Regarding your quote- "Why are you on the City-data.com/forum? i think you are the one who needs counseling-JMO"
I was just checking up on my previous 2007 Thread on "Advice on moving from Honolulu, Hawaii to Flagstaff Arizona=Good(Pro) & Bad(Con)" Unfortunately I had no real good advice from the posters in true reality reg. help from Flagstaff, Arizona area reg. my perdicament. Best one was don't do it!!! So I'm letting Nowannamove know some sound advice I experienced on my move off the islands to the actual Flagstaff,AZ area. We'll find out if there any good in cancer & bad cataract surgery & some other idotic crap they can't seem to fix in medical services under medicare. They only seem to want to help the ones with snot nose kids or the totally retarded people in this area. Not from the whit professional field under bad circumstances. Like I said I got more help from drinking out at the bars & the local people . Then the government idiots in Flagstaff area that actually hold jobs that are suppose to be doing there jobs, quite sad.
I thought Arizona would have grown up since I was a kid passing through but I was wrong it hasn't. It's still chugging along slowly but surely waiting for the old fart to die to take over there property & money. Or there hiding or got hidden because there so messed up that no one want to hear from the loosers that live in Arizona. Outsiders use Flagstaff & some of Arizona areas for a retreat area only, "Blue Moons" for peace & quite only-Good old country days. Then go back to the pump & grind of the business world where the say the moneys at. I say both are good especially in the new age of business the world of good & evil. Nice & not so nice. Now days everyone is bent regarding something. I hope my one year hear somewhat does some justice. It gets pretty ugly looking at old **** again. Instant replay just a different day & time. But how good is your memory after the havoc of the ugly vicious business world??? Mines still pretty sharp, even though it comes & goes & it depends on how many stupid people are around you with looser monotonous thinking to drag you mind down; of mundane ignorances of nothingless conversations.

You only live one life in your natural body. Enjoy it while you can. "They say you should live life to it's fullest to experience new people, places & things " Life is to short but again you are only given one life....

Codagirl04 & Poolgirl51 & Nminta & Borborgmi & others = You should think about trying the dating websites or go to some counseling meetings to actually meet people. Like live in person. You all seem bent but confounded in your space & selection of people poor. So you seem to use this site as a sounding board but not actually reading into the threader or postings. Or you don't say enough conclusive evidence you sound like guys talking astutely in a looser sparing game of nonsense. And sometimes sound like girls that are catty & bent that need a mother, aunt or grandmother to reason your thoughts. I assure you I am not that or one of those. I have no children for a reason the adults make/made me old watch & listening to that along with the new/old children of divorce or grandmas or mommies & daddies little spoiled brats.
I wish you all the best it sounds like Nowannamove resolved her issues on this thread & postings. But she still talks the rebuttal of an A-typical old fashion female poutting all the way. With her rebuttals on her thread to keep her inner edge up for her own sound mind. Good try Nowannamove =
So they'll be seeing you in Flagstaff....

China Doll Me ~ Signing off with "Namaste" = "I see the light in YOU As you see the light in ME"

What? Please attempt to speak english. Thanks!!

Old 09-23-2008, 09:19 PM

13,213 posts, read 21,839,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolgirl51 View Post
What? Please attempt to speak english. Thanks!!
Have some heart. She says she has a terminal illness.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Nowanna....I haven't read completely through the thread but I think I caught a jist of the situation. When I was a teen I moved into a new high school halfway through... Junior Year. I was at first annoyed and pissed off and feeling like my parents were trying to destin me to a life of being on the B-list...but...lo and behold! I was suddenly the new kid with no baggage and no past to live up to, I changed my name from the ridiculous nickname I had grown up with and used my given, adult name, all the boys were interested in meeting me, all the clubs were interested in having me join...it was a fresh start and I fell into my new school with ease. I actually loved the change and the chance to recreate myself.

I am not saying all teens would have my experience but many, many have...so...I say, do what you need to do. Your kids will survive and will form their own lives regardless. They will undoubtedly grow and learn and expand from experiencing a new place with new cultures and new people, even if they don't realize it at the time. Everything happens for a reason, I truly believe that...so this will result in something positive for all of you.

Namaste!
We moved our son in his senior year, luckily for him being a great baseball player helped, adjustment wasn't all that hard and he did fine.

I don't really think, if you read OPs first posting moving the kids is her issue, that came up later. She just plainly does not want to move. At the beginning she said she would have trouble finding a job, then read what she says about working, she said Flagstaff was dirty, then she changed her mind, and on and on. She likes living where she is, feels safe and secure and does not want to disrumpt her life.

Nita

Old 09-24-2008, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Doll Me View Post
JMO Regarding your quote- "Why are you on the City-data.com/forum? i think you are the one who needs counseling-JMO"
I was just checking up on my previous 2007 Thread on "Advice on moving from Honolulu, Hawaii to Flagstaff Arizona=Good(Pro) & Bad(Con)" Unfortunately I had no real good advice from the posters in true reality reg. help from Flagstaff, Arizona area reg. my perdicament. Best one was don't do it!!! So I'm letting Nowannamove know some sound advice I experienced on my move off the islands to the actual Flagstaff,AZ area. We'll find out if there any good in cancer & bad cataract surgery & some other idotic crap they can't seem to fix in medical services under medicare. They only seem to want to help the ones with snot nose kids or the totally retarded people in this area. Not from the whit professional field under bad circumstances. Like I said I got more help from drinking out at the bars & the local people . Then the government idiots in Flagstaff area that actually hold jobs that are suppose to be doing there jobs, quite sad.
I thought Arizona would have grown up since I was a kid passing through but I was wrong it hasn't. It's still chugging along slowly but surely waiting for the old fart to die to take over there property & money. Or there hiding or got hidden because there so messed up that no one want to hear from the loosers that live in Arizona. Outsiders use Flagstaff & some of Arizona areas for a retreat area only, "Blue Moons" for peace & quite only-Good old country days. Then go back to the pump & grind of the business world where the say the moneys at. I say both are good especially in the new age of business the world of good & evil. Nice & not so nice. Now days everyone is bent regarding something. I hope my one year hear somewhat does some justice. It gets pretty ugly looking at old **** again. Instant replay just a different day & time. But how good is your memory after the havoc of the ugly vicious business world??? Mines still pretty sharp, even though it comes & goes & it depends on how many stupid people are around you with looser monotonous thinking to drag you mind down; of mundane ignorances of nothingless conversations.

You only live one life in your natural body. Enjoy it while you can. "They say you should live life to it's fullest to experience new people, places & things " Life is to short but again you are only given one life....

Codagirl04 & Poolgirl51 & Nminta & Borborgmi & others = You should think about trying the dating websites or go to some counseling meetings to actually meet people. Like live in person. You all seem bent but confounded in your space & selection of people poor. So you seem to use this site as a sounding board but not actually reading into the threader or postings. Or you don't say enough conclusive evidence you sound like guys talking astutely in a looser sparing game of nonsense. And sometimes sound like girls that are catty & bent that need a mother, aunt or grandmother to reason your thoughts. I assure you I am not that or one of those. I have no children for a reason the adults make/made me old watch & listening to that along with the new/old children of divorce or grandmas or mommies & daddies little spoiled brats.
I wish you all the best it sounds like Nowannamove resolved her issues on this thread & postings. But she still talks the rebuttal of an A-typical old fashion female poutting all the way. With her rebuttals on her thread to keep her inner edge up for her own sound mind. Good try Nowannamove =
So they'll be seeing you in Flagstaff....

China Doll Me ~ Signing off with "Namaste" = "I see the light in YOU As you see the light in ME"

Holy cow, was that a hard one to follow: Talk about an unhappy person and don't think it has a lot to do with Flagstaff. Why don't you return to Hawaii, obviously what you thought you would get in Flagstaff didn't work.

I am not sure if I feel sorry for you or am appalled at what you write.
NIta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona