Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2013, 05:41 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,257,507 times

Advertisements

I wanted to ask a question about High Springs which I knew I would not find on the list. The sensible thing to do seemed to be to turn to Gainesville since High Springs is (or was) a suburb of Gainesville. But, not even Gainsville is on the list. So, has it also been swallowed by an even larger city? Will someone please direct me? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 05:46 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
No clue what you are talking about.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
No clue what you are talking about.
This is bad. Yes? There was once a small town called High Springs. It was near Gainesville. So, when I wanted to talk about High Springs, I came to the Florida forum thinking I'd find a section on Gainesville where they would be familiar with High Springs. But, the index to Florida does not show Gainesville. So, to what city do I turn to find information about High Springs and/or Gainesville?

Do I make sense now?

Old 08-04-2013, 08:26 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,176,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel W View Post
This is bad. Yes? There was once a small town called High Springs. It was near Gainesville. So, when I wanted to talk about High Springs, I came to the Florida forum thinking I'd find a section on Gainesville where they would be familiar with High Springs. But, the index to Florida does not show Gainesville. So, to what city do I turn to find information about High Springs and/or Gainesville?

Do I make sense now?
Still a little town.....About High Springs | City of High Springs Florida

Not all areas get enough posts to have specific forum for the areas so this general Florida area is probably the best place to ask questions. maybe someone from that area might read it and post.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Still a little town.....About High Springs | City of High Springs Florida

Not all areas get enough posts to have specific forum for the areas so this general Florida area is probably the best place to ask questions. maybe someone from that area might read it and post.
Right. I was trying for that but not succeeding very well. I did think Gainesville would be there, though. As I remember (I think), Gainesville is a pretty good-sized city and has a university.

I was born in High Springs long ago. We left while I was still young. So, I only know things Dad said. It was more or less a village then where everybody knew everybody else and all about everybody else. Then I heard it was full of very good antique shops - that this attracted tourists. After that, I know nothing. I rather suspect it has been swallowed by Gainesville.

Thank you for reply.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:38 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
High Springs is a pretty good ways from Gainesville. Its still a small little town. Its closer to Alachua, which is also a small town.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
High Springs is a pretty good ways from Gainesville. Its still a small little town. Its closer to Alachua, which is also a small town.
Is it? Out comes my map. Hmmmm. You are right. I have/had a great or great great grandfather who was granted land in or near Alachua. I'll have to look that up. It's gone from my memory.

So, exactly how many miles between High Springs and Gainesville?

Thank you.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:28 PM

529 posts, read 1,175,255 times
High Springs responders would probably be on the Ocala forum. That forum also includes Gainesville. I have only driven thru High Springs, so I am of little help. Perhaps you will find someone on the Ocala board who can answer your questions. Good luck!

Old 08-04-2013, 01:34 PM

Thank you. I had no idea to check Ocala. Don't know why but I had Ocala placed further south. My fault. I'll look for Ocala.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida