Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 01:36 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
There we go. Liberals = big spenders = need more money = COLA is higher

Debbie Wasserman Schultz having her LUGGAGE carried by PUBLIC SERVANTS through the AIRPORT, on MY tax dollars:

It's easy to ignore politics in Florida, I would be more concerned finding a place for two people for $700.00 per month.

We have that here in beautiful Vero Beach, which votes Red. GASP.

We ALSO manage to have FREE public transportation in our county, something you don't find in BLUE areas very much if at all.

Have you even been to Florida? It's not a political place, most people are ignoring it all and just living their lives. There are tons of transplants in Florida, the last two customers I signed up were from Connecticut.

I've worked for hundreds of people here and not a single one mentioned politics. And you know what? Some of the very nicest were conservative "boring" people. And some of the rudest and biggest BORES in terms of insulting people, making homophobic cracks etc were young Liberals.

My first dinner invitation in my old neighborhood was a retired teacher from NY. I walked in and MSNBC was BLASTING and big mouths shouting politics and being obnoxious. He wouldn't even turn it off when the guests sat down for dinner and all he wanted to talk about was politics.

Why? Probably because he tried to be cute and buy 3 homes for "investment" properties with his friends money and "manage them" as HIS contribution and they were all underwater AND he was going to lose HIS OWN primary residence to foreclosure, too.

I never set foot in that goof's house again HAHAHA.

Maybe if you post what town you live in or a similar town that you like, there will be one analogous in Florida.

OH WAIT. You're in Oriental, NC? That's a RED voting area. So Vero Beach would match where you live now.

Here's some; they're all nice: (from what I remember River Park Place has special senor rates)

Apartments for Rent in Vero Beach, FL - 33 Rentals

Vero Beach FL Homes, Condos/Townhomes and Apartments for Rent - realtor.com®

We consider OUR community to be socially conscious and arts focused. It is not a POLITICAL issue. Albeit, I'm pretty sure we would not have Pi$s Christ exhibit in our museum. And we DID have George Bush as a lecturer this year. Along with other high profile figures like Panetta. Nobody was forced to go, though. In fact, it's true that Conservatives give much more to charity than Liberals. We always have charity events with big turnouts, high profile Habitat For Humanity exposure, etc.

Distinguished Lecturer Series at Riverside Theatre

We also have political debate forums for the public. Like they're SUPPOSED to be having in DC.

Debates - Distinguished Lecturer Series at Riverside Theatre
Do you ever turn off the "partisan" BS? Seriously? The OP was asking about where to live in Florida that was "artsy" and" "Liberal" and you go off into a tirade about Debbie Wassermann's "lugguage"?

Maybe I should be complaining about Dick Cheney's or McCain's properties that were accomplished with our "tax dollars" in the form of "Compensation".

No wonder you "Run with Scissors"!

Old 03-14-2014, 06:10 AM

495 posts, read 2,329,471 times
Quote:
"I would check into the outskirsts of Gainesville - as a college town it's about as progressive as you'll find, and the rents are reasonable. I imagine you'll have a harder time in town unless it's not a safe area"
Not a safe area? What parts of Gainesville are not safe areas? The east side and some section 8 apartments. These are areas that are full of Obama voters which by the voting record mean that they are in the most "liberal" and "progressive" parts of town.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:44 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,190,394 times
We moved to a gated community in Venice this past fall. The neighbors have been very friendly. I suspect there are some conservatives and maybe even a few liberals, but that has never come up.

However, I was at the hot tub one day and a group of people (renters from MA and a couple of non-US folks) were going on and on about how bad Obama was, and the economy was Obama's fault, and Obamacare. I did not agree with anything they were saying, did not want to hear it, and just left. The problem I have with the intolerant wing of the conservative party is they think it's OK to spout off what they think whenever and wherever they happen to be.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:51 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,228,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann in Oriental View Post
First of all, thank you to all the NICE posters! Yes, one can find a few like minded people just about anywhere,and most people only need a handful of friends. Smarino mentioned the Unitarian church! YES!! Love that church. The closest one here is 35 miles away. The main reason for moving would be avoiding another winter with many days below 35. As well as the fact there is not 1 clothing store in our entire county. The whole county consists of 3 groceries, 4 gas stations,6 restaurants, 3 fast food places, 2 plant nurseries and 2 hardware stores. Otherwise we have to drive 35 miles to New Bern. It was fine a few years back when some kids were at home and I was younger, but just dont want to spend my last years like that. One of our sons has recently relocated for a job in Jacksonville so we would be able to stay with him while we cased different areas.
St. Petersburg is more welcoming of all folks than most Florida cities and the arts community and downtown are thriving.

The Clay Center of St. Petersburg

2nd Saturday Artwalk St. Petersburg

I wouldn't live anywhere else in Florida...

Old 03-15-2014, 06:00 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
St. Petersburg is more welcoming of all folks than most Florida cities and the arts community and downtown are thriving.

I agree!

Old 03-15-2014, 10:13 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
We moved to a gated community in Venice this past fall. The neighbors have been very friendly. I suspect there are some conservatives and maybe even a few liberals, but that has never come up.

However, I was at the hot tub one day and a group of people (renters from MA and a couple of non-US folks) were going on and on about how bad Obama was, and the economy was Obama's fault, and Obamacare. I did not agree with anything they were saying, did not want to hear it, and just left. The problem I have with the intolerant wing of the conservative party is they think it's OK to spout off what they think whenever and wherever they happen to be.
No different than libs who do the same thing. Alan Grayson is a perfect example. He says republicans health-care plan is to die quickly. He's such a troll

Old 03-15-2014, 10:14 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post

I think downtown Orlando is pretty tolerant too

Old 03-15-2014, 10:28 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
My annual tax bill says your post is BS.
And MY tax bill says it's spot on.......

Old 03-15-2014, 11:09 AM

2,962 posts, read 5,000,742 times
Where were we before this went off on politics and other controversies? Something about a place to live that's liberal,artsy,openminded with fairly cheap rent. I agree with those recommending St. Petersburg, except it may be hard to find a nice rental that cheap.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:54 AM

549 posts, read 457,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post

FYI: "The conservative party" is in Canada.
Well, it surprises no one that low information voters are liberals.

As to the question of the original poster, any high-crime area of Florida will be within your budget and 100% liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida