Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:13 PM

121 posts, read 504,268 times

Advertisements

Not hard to get a permit here. And a good thing to have. Born and raised here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking of moving View Post
Is that serious or sarcastic? How hard is it to get a weapons permit in Florida?

I have heard several people refer to Palm Coast and say welcome to Palm Jersey but honestly there are is no gang violence nor stabbings in the part of Jersey I am from.

Dont get me wrong I understand there are good and bad everywhere, just looking for a little perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 07:18 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimms3 View Post
Trust me either go just north to St. Augustine or south to Daytona.
I agree. Both are good options. Ormond Beach and Port Orange are both really nice (near Daytona) and St. Augustine is nice as well. But skp Palm Coast!

Old 04-10-2007, 07:37 AM

74 posts, read 347,276 times
Default Palm Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Palm Coast is a crappy place. Seriously, there are other threads on this city, you might want to search for them. I do hear about a lot of crime there. I would never live there. When we got to Florida we went there to check it out because online it looked good with cheaper home prices. As soon as I got there I knew in minutes I would never move there. It's not nice at all.
I'm taking in as much info as possible on Palm Coast and other areas I intend to visit next month. Can you please give some specifics, such as why you new in minutes that you would never move there? thanks....

Old 04-10-2007, 06:46 PM

33 posts, read 231,868 times
Your best bet is to do a google search. I did alot of research on a local flagler board which is now shut down. I got alot of useful info there.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetGI View Post
I'm taking in as much info as possible on Palm Coast and other areas I intend to visit next month. Can you please give some specifics, such as why you new in minutes that you would never move there? thanks....
Just by looking around. It's too "small town," there's very little there, the communities are mostly filled with empty houses and no sidewalks...just a bunch of things like that. I immediately got a bad feel from the place.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:10 PM

6 posts, read 27,251 times
Default red wings fan.......

I love how you like to label palm coast as some kind of undesireable place to live. I have lived here now for 5 years and lived in florida for 13 years now. I first lived in port orange for about 8 years in town and out in quiet place which is considered daytona but is more port orange due to location. Palm coast is a great place to live and hearing of gangs in palm coast is quite a joke to me, I not only live here bit work right here as well. I do not know where your getting your information from but if there is some kind of gangs I would like to know about it, chuckle chuckle. I moved here from michigan which I am guessing your from as well being a red wings fan and all, let me tell you detroit is where you will find what I call gangs. what we might have around here are hoodlums / teens. I would hardly worry about gangs in palm coast if your afraid of what this city has to offer you had better find an island and buy it up quick. palm coast is a great place to live however bring money with you because it is not a mecca for high paying jobs. I am fortunate but most people work outside of town either in daytona or jacksonville. as far as things to do here there are plenty with a great skatepark and ball fields organized sports. there is not one area in this town I wouldn't walk around in at any time of day and feel at all unsafe. redwings fan I think you have some weird agenda against palm coast. palm coast happens to be one of the up and coming areas around northeast florida, do some research for real. we have a 10 billion dollar city expansion project that has been underway now for 3 years the first phase of the utilities are already laid, this will give the area much growth for shopping etc. there is a big movie theatre planned to open next year as well as some larger chain stores are coming too. I feel blessed to live here and to have bought in early before all this stuff has come. part of our crime problem was due to the fact many houses were sitting ducks with no neighbors to watch out for one another so many things used to get stolen around here but that has changed in the last couple years. This is coming from someone that has lived here for 5 years not visited for half a day. don't listen to this clown he knows nothing about the area. if you want violence go to daytona there is alot of it there. believe me as a pitbull breeder back then I dealt with a ton of real thugs I was robbed too when they came to my house they were toting ak's and tek 9's. this doesn't happen here in Palm coast. lets face it there are little punks everywhere, it is alot easier if your friendly and meet your neighbors that way you can look out for one another, that is what I do.

Last edited by Ironhead; 05-16-2007 at 02:26 PM..

Old 05-16-2007, 07:07 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,838,527 times
Thanks for a sensible and honest post Ironhead. I also call Palm Coast home and have for almost 10 years. I have never seen or heard of gang activity and I love where I live.

Many people check out Palm Coast thinking they are going to get the deals on property that used to exist here. When they learn that Palm Coast is now priced out of their affordability they become bitter.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:28 PM

460 posts, read 2,344,760 times
This is good to hear since we will be moving to Palm Coast for sure in either July or the 1st of august. But just renting of course. Then we will see how the town really is! I will report what I find out to this forum too,lol.

Jen

Old 05-16-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandreams94 View Post
This is good to hear since we will be moving to Palm Coast for sure in either July or the 1st of august. But just renting of course. Then we will see how the town really is! I will report what I find out to this forum too,lol.

Jen
Please please please report back to us. Money is on the fact that you won't stay there very long. Sign the shortest lease you can because you will want out. There are so many better places around, you don't have to settle for that place. In my opinion people move there because they have a hard time affording the better places around.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:33 AM

Moderator cut: the off-topic remarks you were replying to have been removed

But when people ask on these boards about the town I'm going to give them my opinion. Rarely would someone want to consider moving to a place only hearing the good about the town. Look through the past conversations on this place, do a search.. I'm not the only one that is less than thrilled with Palm Coast. Not everyone likes it there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida