Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 09:29 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,060,689 times

Advertisements

Yes, there is a GROWING GANG problem. for those who do not see it, it is almost as claiming that the earth is flat. SORRY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2007, 11:02 AM

6 posts, read 27,255 times
Default good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
Yes, there is a GROWING GANG problem. for those who do not see it, it is almost as claiming that the earth is flat. SORRY.
do you have any proof to back this claim up? I have not seen any rash of drive by's or stabbings or and grafitti claiming certain sections are some gangs turf. gangs are a growing problem nation wide we all know this already and it wouldnt suprize me if there were some here but to claim that this town is GANG INFESTED is a far stretch. so if you would offer up some proof of known GANG crimes please enlighten me. If your talking about a few thug teens please give us all a break. I am talking about real gangs doing real gangster type stuff. I have yet to hear about one single drive by shooting or any murders at all. believe me this town is so small you would know if anythig like that happened. so show me how palm coast is gang infested, outside of an isolated stabbing at some county fair.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:01 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,839,258 times
I too think the traffic in Port Orange is horrendous. The school situation is also less than ideal-

Old 05-17-2007, 01:44 PM

17 posts, read 78,265 times
I hear a lot of talk about gangs but do not see any signs of them.just a bunch of punk school kid wannabes.And yes a concealed permit is easy to get in fl.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:58 PM

460 posts, read 2,344,980 times
Well we have lots of bored punk teens in my teeny tiny town here in Illinois too and they dont bother me. I know that they are just bored, there is nothing to do here.

I had no idea Port Orange schools were bad? Everyone here seems to have good to say about PO?

And yes, we are mainly moving to Palm Coast because its less expensive for now. The house we found is brand new and absolutely gorgeous...2600 sq feet! But that certainly doesnt make us trashy, just because we need something less expensive.. So I doubt that everyone in Palm Coast is all bad....

Palm Coast is about the same size of town that I normally drive 40 minutes to, just to get groceries so to me, it seems BIG, LOL.
So I think we will probably like it there. I am NOT looking for a big city, nightlife, crazy party scene.

Jen

Old 05-17-2007, 02:05 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,839,258 times
Jen, get in touch when you arrive- we can do lunch or something!

As for gang problems, I have a very close relative who works for the Flagler County Sheriffs office in a law enforcement supervisory position. All of the talk of gang problems is nothing more than bored teenagers and young adults acting like hoodlums.

Do they wear baggy clothes? Yes.

Do they use silly hand signals? Yes

Are they affiliated with the crips and bloods of LA and NY? Not at all.

The problems in Palm Coast are normal for any area. Bored kids starting trouble occasionally. But the per capita crime rate is significantly lower than most other cities in Florida.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:23 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,170,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
The problems in Palm Coast are normal for any area. Bored kids starting trouble occasionally. But the per capita crime rate is significantly lower than most other cities in Florida.
I respectfully beg to differ.

According to The Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the crime rate index in Flagler County for 2005-2006 was UP by 49%! That's second only to Putnam, with a whopping 137%. And since Palm Coast is the only municipality in Flagler County to have experienced any significant growth....

It may just be kids wanting to look like gangsters, but somebody's pretty busy.

These statistics are available online: www.fdle.state.fl.us

Old 05-17-2007, 03:37 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,747,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I too think the traffic in Port Orange is horrendous. The school situation is also less than ideal-
Traffic horrendous in Port Orange? Are you kidding me?? That's actually kind of funny to me coming from living in major cities in the country. The traffic here is a breaze! Seriously, there is no traffic.

And the school situation is excellent. Anyone can do their homework on greatschools.com and see that Port Orange has "A" rated schools, while many in other areas like Daytona, Palm Coast, etc. are not as good. Plus the Port Orange schools have a great reputation, good demographics, etc. They are the best schools around from what I see, hear and from all the research I've done on the area.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:40 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,747,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandreams94 View Post

I had no idea Port Orange schools were bad? Everyone here seems to have good to say about PO?
They aren't. In fact the town has the best schools in Volusia County and even better than those in Flagler County. You don't have to taken anyone's word for it on here. You can easily do your research and compare this for yourself on www.greatschools.com. They give you the school rating, demographics, how many kids get free lunch (let's you know the economic situation in the area), how many kids pass each subject area, etc. If you do your homework you will see that Port Orange has the best schools around. They come highly rated and have a great reputation. The person that said that probably is someone that choose Palm Coast and is jealous. That's been my experience thus far.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:55 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,060,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
do you have any proof to back this claim up? I have not seen any rash of drive by's or stabbings or and grafitti claiming certain sections are some gangs turf. gangs are a growing problem nation wide we all know this already and it wouldnt suprize me if there were some here but to claim that this town is GANG INFESTED is a far stretch. so if you would offer up some proof of known GANG crimes please enlighten me. If your talking about a few thug teens please give us all a break. I am talking about real gangs doing real gangster type stuff. I have yet to hear about one single drive by shooting or any murders at all. believe me this town is so small you would know if anythig like that happened. so show me how palm coast is gang infested, outside of an isolated stabbing at some county fair.
Yes, you are right. I need to re-phrase it:
Crime in Florida has been increasing a lot. hope this makes you feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida