Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 06:43 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
You can also bring in bottles of water and snack food or sandwiches in a back pack or small soft sided cooler. No regular coolers or wagons allowed. If you have small kids, bring your own stroller because renting one is expensive.

Do they have lockers that you can rent?

I remember about 15 years ago I went to disney and water was 2 bottles for $3, I was shocked, I bet it's higher now. I ended up drinking from the water fountain and got sick on Back to the future and puked all the water up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 07:19 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,178,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
Do they have lockers that you can rent?

I remember about 15 years ago I went to disney and water was 2 bottles for $3, I was shocked, I bet it's higher now. I ended up drinking from the water fountain and got sick on Back to the future and puked all the water up.
Disney has small lockers up front of the park. Too small for regular coolers. Quite a distance from most areas of the park, too. We have never used them. For us the less you carry in the better. We usually eat a late lunch(not a burger) as our only meal and maybe get a snack about parade time.

Bottled water is more than $1.50 now. More like $2.50. I think at SW it is $2.79.

Back to the Future was at Universal and is gone now.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:27 AM

593 posts, read 668,256 times
The terms "theme park tickets" and "reasonably priced" are two words that likely never belong together!! I couldn't believe the price of them when i moved down here and wanted to check out a few parks. A simple family of 4 is paying upwards of $400 just to walk in the door!!!

Old 06-03-2015, 05:36 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,036,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Always a smart idea to plan ahead! How old is your daughter, and what time of year do you want to visit?
Firstly, thank you, and thank you everyone for the advice.

She will be 6 years old by then, and we're aiming at April, May, or June.

I forgot to say in my original post, that we're in the UK. Not sure yet if that makes a whole load of difference, but I thought it worth saying.

Last edited by BECLAZONE; 06-03-2015 at 05:44 AM..

Old 06-03-2015, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Weekdays at some parks are cheaper than weekends. Buying multi-day tickets usually cheaper than buying 1 day. Use the websites of the parks to watch for deals they may be having during the time you want to be in Orlando.
Things are changing again at Disney and might be charging more at peak times than at slower times. Doing the surveys to see what people thinks.
They already charge a little more to go to the MK than the other 3 parks so can save a little by going to the other parks.

Look at Underground tourist site to buy tickets. They are legit with Disney and can save you a little on tickets.
Thank you. Yes, peak times, I'm trying to figure those out, but may not be able to avoid them. I'll have to look into American times of school holidays, I think. At the moment we're looking at £937.00 for Walt Disney World Resort Theme Park Tickets, £497.00 for Universal Park Tickets, and £293.00 SeaWorld® Parks & Entertainment Tickets, but that's from one of our travel agents.

Definitely worth the look into the underground sites.

Last edited by BECLAZONE; 06-03-2015 at 06:01 AM..

Old 06-03-2015, 06:00 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Firstly, thank you, and thank you everyone for the advice.

She will be 6 years old by then, and we're aiming at April, May, or June.

I forgot to say in my original post, that we're in the UK. Not sure yet if that makes a whole load of difference, but I thought it worth saying.
So if she's 6 I'd highly suggest Disney World - Magic Kingdom. No it's not cheap. Yes, you'll have to resign yourself to the fact that it's crowded. But it will be a memory that she'll remember always.

If you are able to go in April, May or June, before the summer season starts, you may be able to get a package deal that includes hotel, park tickets and a meal plan.

I've stayed at both the Deluxe and the Value resorts and aside from looks and the fancy restaurant there is often little difference - except that the Value resorts require a bus ride rather than the monorail/boat ride to Magic Kingdom.

If this kind of thing suits your fancy, check out the cabins at Ft Wilderness. Advantage - a bigger "room" (as it's a cabin), boat access to Magic Kingdom and lots to do that aren't tied to the park itself. If you are renting a car, then you can also buy food, wine, etc. at the local Publix and have your breakfast in the cabin without the meal plan as there is a fridge, stove, etc. In reality it's more about convenience than saving money - and my kids wanted "their" snacks and "their cereal" rather than what they could get at the park.

Finally, with a 6 year old, don't try and do too much in a day. When we went for several days to Disney we'd get up, have breakfast, hit the park for a few hours and then come back for a nap and pool time. Then get dressed and have dinner at the park followed by fireworks.

If you haven't done so, check out mousesavers.com. Enjoy!

Old 06-03-2015, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Whatever you do, do not get scammed into going to a timeshare presentation for free tickets.
Thank you. It's funny you brought that up! I've done that one, not a nice experience, and definitely not one to do accompanied by a young child. The wife thought we wouldn't get out without signing up. Even with the massive discount I was being offered for being in property investment, still nowhere near worth buying into one of those.

I couldn't help feeling deeply sorry for all those that I could see jumping at the chance to sign their lives away.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:08 AM

The best time to go to the theme parks in in September when all the kids go back to school nationwide, in Florida I think they start in August.

I'm thinking it's still the same. I went 30 years ago with my sister when we were teens (we never got to go as kids) and luckily it was like the second week in September, there were still people there, but no lines, I rode Space Mountain 6 times in a row with no wait.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:10 AM

I know other theme parks used to have discounts on Coke cans like Six Flags with buy one get one free specials. I don't know if they still do, or if Disney ever had these promotions.

People in the Orlando forum might know more and maybe you should post there.

//www.city-data.com/forum/orlando/

Old 06-03-2015, 07:12 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
Quote:
The best time to go to the theme parks in in September when all the kids go back to school nationwide, in Florida I think they start in August.

I'm thinking it's still the same. I went 30 years ago with my sister when we were teens (we never got to go as kids) and luckily it was like the second week in September, there were still people there, but no lines, I rode Space Mountain 6 times in a row with no wait.
The day after Labor Day is traditionally the quietest day in the Disney parks. However, it's also the day they start maintenance on some of the rides. One year when we went Pirates of the Caribbean and a couple of other attractions were closed, and we had to leave the Country Bear Jamboree because it broke midway through (I see that it was completely refurbished in 2012).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida