Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 07:56 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,047 times

Advertisements

Bush Garden/Sea World Season pass holders can by tickets at the window 50% off.. If you don't know anyone make quick friends while in line with one and they can by tickets for you. Well worth it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 09:53 AM

13,613 posts, read 10,020,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
It's ridiculous. I think Florida residents get a discount, but I don't know if you need to buy a special 3 day pass or season ticket or something to get it.
Yes, a friend of mine has offered to buy the tickets for me, but I'm not so sure that would be all that legal. Best to play it safe, we don't want anyone getting in trouble, just for the sake of a few rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
AAA usually has discounts on parks and some hotels.
AAA - View Prices & Order Tickets - Theme Park Ticket Discounts
I took a look at that, and a ZIP code was wanted, I don't have one, but thank you.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:01 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Yes, a friend of mine has offered to buy the tickets for me, but I'm not so sure that would be all that legal. Best to play it safe, we don't want anyone getting in trouble, just for the sake of a few rides.

I took a look at that, and a ZIP code was wanted, I don't have one, but thank you.
I have bought tickets for friends and family 50% off with my season pass, its all legit, no problem at all.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:27 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
I have bought tickets for friends and family 50% off with my season pass, its all legit, no problem at all.
At SW and BG that is one of the perks of being an AP holder, but sometimes it is not 50% and the deals on line might be better. I always check both when family comes down.

For WDW Florida residents cannot buy Florida Resident tickets for people not living in Florida. Your name is attached to the ticket and you must show Florida ID to get in. Even college kids from out of state cannot buy the resident tickets, but most colleges offer a student discounted tickets. I think Grandparents can buy Fl resident tickets for their Grand kids, but they have to be with them when you go through the gate

Old 06-04-2015, 12:34 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,788,450 times
All theme parks have been raising their prices so yes its best to find the right deal or just year long passes if you frequent them a lot.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:57 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Firstly, thank you, and thank you everyone for the advice.

She will be 6 years old by then, and we're aiming at April, May, or June.

I forgot to say in my original post, that we're in the UK. Not sure yet if that makes a whole load of difference, but I thought it worth saying.
Spring Breaks are in April and Easter is March 27th so slow season for Disney will run during your time frame from about April 5 through the Friday before Memorial Day May 27, 2016.

For a six year old, definitely Disney over the other parks.

Your best hope for any discounts at all are going to be actually booking through Disney staying onsite and getting a meal plan.

www.Mousesavers.com usually has excellent discounts.

Stay on site at Disney. Not only is it a great experience, but you get perks not offered to other guests.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Spring Breaks are in April and Easter is March 27th so slow season for Disney will run during your time frame from about April 5 through the Friday before Memorial Day May 27, 2016.

Your best hope for any discounts at all are going to be actually booking through Disney staying onsite and getting a meal plan.

Stay on site at Disney. Not only is it a great experience, but you get perks not offered to other guests.
Thank you for those dates, that's really helpful of you.

Staying on site at Disney, by the looks of things, is about double the price of outside, plus, we're planning on doing a bit of wandering around Florida. The double price could be down to our travel agents though, so this may still be worth looking into.

I do like the other parks, and their proximity to the main hotels is convenient to my wife and I, but Disney, I suppose, is a must.

That mousesavers site is good, a lot of info to go through there.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
At SW and BG that is one of the perks of being an AP holder, but sometimes it is not 50% and the deals on line might be better. I always check both when family comes down.

For WDW Florida residents cannot buy Florida Resident tickets for people not living in Florida. Your name is attached to the ticket and you must show Florida ID to get in. Even college kids from out of state cannot buy the resident tickets, but most colleges offer a student discounted tickets. I think Grandparents can buy Fl resident tickets for their Grand kids, but they have to be with them when you go through the gate
I'm so glad you pointed out that the tickets can't be bought for us. Thank you.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:07 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

Actually spring breaks begin at the end of Feb. and last until about the week after Easter most years. Week before and after Easter drawing the biggest crowds since more K-12 schools are off in addition to the colleges..

Lots of things going on at all the parks in the spring. EPCOT has Flower and Garden Show. concerts, and lots of good food. Lots of things for kids to do there to. a lot of people think it is boring for kids but my sons loved it because of the interaction stuff they do for families. Sea World and Busch Gardens have Wild Days which usually has a couple days of Jack Hannah shows and many more animal oportunities in the parks. They also have the Bands Brew and BBQ in the parks with some good concerts, opportunities to learn about some of the animals around the park etc. My kids loved SW and BG just as much as they did Disney.

If you do plan WDW parks, the most important thing to do before you get there is Get your FastPass + attractions on line before you go. We got ours Friday night and went on Saturday. Once inside the park we were able to change them so they were all in the morning instead of 1 morning, 1 afternoon, and 1 night. Even though it was busy, we did something like 11 rides by noon(park opened an hour early). You can use a Fast Pass to meet and greet with one of the Princesses to avoid long lines, too. We couldn't get the Mine Train fast pass and it was our longest wait-about 1 hr. Space mt said 60 minute wait too, but line only took 20 minutes so we rode it twice.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:57 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Actually spring breaks begin at the end of Feb. and last until about the week after Easter most years. Week before and after Easter drawing the biggest crowds since more K-12 schools are off in addition to the colleges..

The OP said they wanted to visit April, May, or June so I pointed out the most likely cheapest dates in that range. The OP said nothing about February.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida