Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 10:59 AM

17,206 posts, read 15,421,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseo1 View Post
lol @ internet warriors
Just stating FACTS from a young local resident. The whole purpose of these forums is to educate folks (resident, prospect and visitor) as to what to expect here.
You choose to spew out ignorance, and I simply reply with facts based on my personal experiences. (Remember my $18/mth water bill and how you attempted to make-believe I created my bill with an Excel spreadsheet? All I was doing was educating folks on how much a water bill is in my neck of the woods, and you rebutted with a garbage post.)

Edit: And for the record, I am in no way all PRO-FLORIDA. I've voiced lots of complaints as well over certain issues. Jobs/Economy is not one of them.

Last edited by Arcenal813; 10-02-2015 at 11:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 11:00 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,148,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_w View Post
Hey its true. My friend said he tried every business along Irlo Bronson Hwy in Orlando, every fast food, every business, and nobody was hiring. I think its now 'who you know.'
What is his expetise ?? Seems to be a lot of available jobs in Kissimmee..... http://www.snagajob.com/job-search/w-kissimmee,+fl

Old 10-02-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_w View Post
Hey its true. My friend said he tried every business along Irlo Bronson Hwy in Orlando, every fast food, every business, and nobody was hiring. I think its now 'who you know.'
Oh please... Service/retail jobs? That's not a job that requires a specific skillset and education, which is what we've been saying all along: You want a good job? Get an education and a skillset that's in demand.

By the way, gas stations everywhere are always hiring. Perhaps your friend just isn't presentable?

Old 10-02-2015, 12:40 PM

422 posts, read 412,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Oh please... Service/retail jobs? That's not a job that requires a specific skillset and education, which is what we've been saying all along: You want a good job? Get an education and a skillset that's in demand.

By the way, gas stations everywhere are always hiring. Perhaps your friend just isn't presentable?
Hahah this guy and SH says employers are begging them for jobs!!!

Old 10-02-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Never said that.
I said I've been offered jobs I applied to. My skillset, experience and education are in demand. Learn to read.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:37 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
Norman: Your friend is probably just an idiot, lol. Restaurants and retail are always hiring because the turnover rate is so high. You can google "turnover rate" since it's probably a bit out of your vocabulary.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:34 PM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
My husband, who has an advanced degree, has been recruited for every job he has had except his first one here. And he does quite well. He has worked hard, and it has paid off. Some of you should try it (working hard)

Old 10-02-2015, 05:00 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,148,559 times
Quote:
Never said that I can say I was on unemployment once in my life. A few weeks after I came back from overseas in 1977. I got on with a large corporation in NYC and learned the ropes and advanced.

In Orlando all 3 of the attorneys had ties with each other and practiced the same type of law. I became an asset. I was in Orlando for 17 years.

When I posted my resume out here someone was interested and checked with a couple of firms I worked for, interviewed me and I was hired.

It happens to be that I was good at what I did and had a good reputation in both career paths I followed. When someone knows you and your work you gain value.

No magic to it, you just need to become very good at what you choose to do.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:36 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,144,629 times
I was in the DC region before moving to Florida (this summer) and you could count on getting pinged by recruiters constantly via LinkedIn. The "you might be interested in these positions" LinkedIn emails (based on your location) always had a ton of positions.

Since moving to Florida the number of positions and quality of positions in LinkedIn emails is poor. Florida has a tiny tech market. If you are in the tech industry and don't take your job with you, there isn't much here for you.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredesch View Post
I was in the DC region before moving to Florida (this summer) and you could count on getting pinged by recruiters constantly via LinkedIn. The "you might be interested in these positions" LinkedIn emails (based on your location) always had a ton of positions.

Since moving to Florida the number of positions and quality of positions in LinkedIn emails is poor. Florida has a tiny tech market. If you are in the tech industry and don't take your job with you, there isn't much here for you.
Mine's completely different... And it's in the "tech" industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida