Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2016, 08:28 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Fla has some woods yes. But it's all flat, just same old same old dude. Nothing scenic unless a river nearby. Look say FL has great beaches, but hiking? Come on. Flat, hot, no hills, bugs. I ain't trying to mess around and get the Zika virus.
And you still suffer, I mean live here, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 09:07 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,177,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Fla has some woods yes. But it's all flat, just same old same old dude. Nothing scenic unless a river nearby. Look say FL has great beaches, but hiking? Come on. Flat, hot, no hills, bugs. I ain't trying to mess around and get the Zika virus.
I read somewhere there's 7K lakes in FL. Those are not scenic enough? Also you have mangrove areas, example would be Emerson Point Preserve, been there and has hiking areas. There's many similar preserves throughout the state. And it's not hot in the Winter/early Spring and Fall, though some people don't care; they are not wimps with temperatures as some.

https://www.mymanatee.org/home/gover...son-point.html

Are you planning to get pregnant and you worry about the Zika virus?

Old 08-11-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
I've been to 42 states so far. In a couple weeks I'll add a couple more Canadian provinces as well (which will make 7 out of 13), but no new US states.

Florida is by far the worst state in the US that I've been to, but I have yet to check out Hawaii or Mississippi so perhaps there's some hope for the Sunshine State.

I don't know what it is about the perpetual warm/hot + super humid weather that attracts every sort of scammer, shyster, deadbeat, loser, druggie, pervert, and weirdo, but it seems they all make their way to FL at some point or another.

I've also never seen so much garbage/litter just about everywhere in the state except in the worst urban ghettos. Why do Floridians litter so much?

And no mountains....blech!
Wow, boy has seen the world..

With a slight exception of certain parts of South FL, FL overall is one of the cleanest states (virtually graffiti free and with little trash on roads/hwys). What you stated is utter nonsense.

No need for mountains, it has coral reefs and amazing underwater beauty, as well as beautiful lakes/rivers/estuaries/caves/springs/mangrove forests etc. (When you wake up, I can explain more).

Old 08-11-2016, 10:07 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,636,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Wow, boy has seen the world..

With a slight exception of certain parts of South FL, FL overall is one of the cleanest states (virtually graffiti free and with little trash on roads/hwys). What you stated is utter nonsense.

No need for mountains, it has coral reefs and amazing underwater beauty, as well as beautiful lakes/rivers/estuaries/caves/springs/mangrove forests etc. (When you wake up, I can explain more).
I thought that was a strange remark, too. Florida is BY FAR the cleanest State I've been too. Heck, even our cities are cleaner than supposedly clean nordic cities like Copenhagen and Oslo.

Our roads are virtually spotless.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:07 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
I had to go to the cell phone store yesterday. The guy asked me my phone number, and I gave him my 305 number. A gentleman that was waiting for info to come through at the guys desk asks me, "are you from Miami?" in which I said "Yes, but I live here now" He asked "Why on earth would you want to live here?" I asked him "Have you ever lived in Miami?" his reply was, "No, but I've visited SoBe for a weekend once." I told him, "Live there, then you will know why I moved here after being born and raised there for almost 50yrs." The clerk piped in and said "I've been to Florida a couple time and don't like it at all, people drive terrible, and they are terribly rude there too." My reply, "just a couple of reasons why I moved here."

People think Florida sounds like heaven on earth, and for some, it may well be. But say that AFTER you have lived there for some time. People who go to visit for a weekend have no clue what life in Florida can really be like. And I'm really referring more to SoFla, where I lived.

To each his own.

Ok, I've been around too long not to know there IS no such thing as heaven on earth. Each place has its ups and downs, warts and all. That said, I have lived in Florida for 40 years, been all over the state and find I love it here. True, it isn't for everyone, but no place is.

I do find it amusing, though, when people claim expertise on the state from an occasional visit, and proceed to bash it based on what they have heard.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
I thought that was a strange remark, too. Florida is BY FAR the cleanest State I've been too. Heck, even our cities are cleaner than supposedly clean nordic cities like Copenhagen and Oslo.

Our roads are virtually spotless.
I know, trolls passing by.. no biggie..

Old 08-11-2016, 02:58 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,050,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
You're a 29 year old [with a 3 year employment gap] who despises heat, humidity and anything above 65 degrees.

Litter is not all over, but I guess common sense facts elude you that the number 2 state for domestic and international TOURISM, the high rate of population growth - now surpassing NY as 3rd most populated state, may be just SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT than the others.

Thanks for passing through. Tell your friends to stay out, too.

Florida went from the 7th most fiscally conservative state to something like 33rd since Florida destroyed it's private property ownership systems a few decades ago; therein inviting all the Liberals, renters and freeloaders to come here spiking urban density and other counterproductive big government spending idiocy.
No need to go on a rant like that, you're preaching to the choir about property rights and taxation. I too am just as disgusted with the freeloading liberal scum who infest my country.

I'm a little bit over 29, and please explain to me how I have a 3 year employment gap when I've been nearly continuously employed since I was 14 (since you know so much about my life and all that).

Still, you offer little in the way of actually supporting Florida. I maintain it's a fairly trashy state.

If you remove the elderly who retired to Florida but who made their money in Northern states I'm sure you'll find that the average Floridian has more invested in their tattoos than in their 401k.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:21 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
Quote:
No need to go on a rant like that, you're preaching to the choir about property rights and taxation. I too am just as disgusted with the freeloading liberal scum who infest my country.

I'm a little bit over 29, and please explain to me how I have a 3 year employment gap when I've been nearly continuously employed since I was 14 (since you know so much about my life and all that).

Still, you offer little in the way of actually supporting Florida. I maintain it's a fairly trashy state.

If you remove the elderly who retired to Florida but who made their money in Northern states I'm sure you'll find that the average Floridian has more invested in their tattoos than in their 401k.

So where are you from Inching ? It must be the number one or two populous state in the union, if not which one so that we can critique it.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:33 PM

4,952 posts, read 3,057,967 times
Quote:

Not a huge Florida fan anymore, but placing 42 states ahead is pushing it a bit.
And at your age, I doubt you have resided in 42 states. Visiting trashy Ft. Myers Beach/Daytona is a bit different than living in Tallahassee.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:44 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Quote:

I was quoting your previous posts.

I don't need to support Florida, I don't want ANY MORE PEOPLE talking out of their butts moving here.

Besides, I live in the city with the most Fortune 500 retired CEOs in the country, Palm Beach included. PFFFFT why should I care what some millennial searching for "something" thinks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida