Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Legalize medical marijuana in FL?
Yes, for amendment 2 59 73.75%
no, against amendment 2 14 17.50%
Not sure 7 8.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 12:13 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
It's a vote for medical, not recreational.

Seems there's a lot of people that can't differentiate between the two. Thankfully, it looks like these unknowledgeable people won't be a factor this year.
No, it seems some people don't bother to do their research. Here is a copy of the Amendment:

http://dos.elections.myflorida.com/i...df/50438-3.pdf

Quote:
BALLOT TITLE: Use of Marijuana for Debilitating Medical Conditions

DEFINITIONS. For purposes of this section, the following words and terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) “Debilitating Medical Condition” means cancer, epilepsy, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Crohn's disease, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, or other debilitating medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to those enumerated, and for which a physician believes that the medical use of marijuana would likely outweigh the potential health risks for a patient.
Basically it is up to the doctor to prescribe it for whatever he wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 01:51 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
No, it seems some people don't bother to do their research. Here is a copy of the Amendment:

Basically it is up to the doctor to prescribe it for whatever he wants .

I read the amendment.

And I read your post. You didn't know the difference between a medical cannabis ballot vs. a recreational one.

Saying a doctor would prescribe for "whatever he wants" doesn't mean recreational use/sales is legal.

I'm not surprised. Prohibitionists rarely do their homework. 9 times out of 10 they have no idea what they are talking about.

And that's not an insult. Just a well educated opinion.

Old 10-03-2016, 05:56 AM

10,234 posts, read 6,322,066 times
I voted Yes last time, and will again. Far too many people, especially Florida's Seniors (known some), are getting addicted to Pain Medications. Medical Marijuana is far better than Oxycodone,

Old 10-03-2016, 08:29 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:

Basically it is up to the doctor to prescribe it for whatever he wants.
That's how every fda approved drug works.

It's called "off label" usage

Old 10-03-2016, 08:30 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I voted Yes last time, and will again. Far too many people, especially Florida's Seniors (known some), are getting addicted to Pain Medications. Medical Marijuana is far better than Oxycodone,
Not to some of the nutty "conservatives" on this thread. Trump supporters are a testament to the idea that facts really don't matter to a lot of people

Old 10-03-2016, 04:24 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,982 times
Quote:
I'm not a conservative and I will vote no. I consider myself very liberal except when it comes to recreational drugs use.
Same here. Being a liberal does not mean that one has to approve of every single radical proposal that comes along.

Quote:
It's a vote for medical, not recreational.

Seems there's a lot of people that can't differentiate between the two.
And it seems there's a lot of people who can't differentiate between an actual medicine and a substance purported to contain medicinal properties. There's no way to gauge how much marijuana a person would need to consume in order to treat what conditions. But many people out there simply choose to jump on the bandwagon, stupidly, because they think it's the "progressive" thing to do.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:15 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Same here. Being a liberal does not mean that one has to approve of every single radical proposal that comes along.

And it seems there's a lot of people who can't differentiate between an actual medicine and a substance purported to contain medicinal properties. There's no way to gauge how much marijuana a person would need to consume in order to treat what conditions. But many people out there simply choose to jump on the bandwagon, stupidly, because they think it's the "progressive" thing to do.
Well they are probably smoking a joint while posting and want the price to drop or even be able to get their insurance to cover it.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:30 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:

I read the amendment.

And I read your post. You didn't know the difference between a medical cannabis ballot vs. a recreational one.

Saying a doctor would prescribe for "whatever he wants" doesn't mean recreational use/sales is legal.

I'm not surprised. Prohibitionists rarely do their homework. 9 times out of 10 they have no idea what they are talking about.

And that's not an insult. Just a well educated opinion.
Nope you're wrong, I did, but if believing that makes you happy then believe what you want.

I'm not insulted. I know there are a lot of people assuming a lot of things about others especially those with a political agenda. Those who want to legalize marijuana are especially passionate.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:48 AM

6 posts, read 5,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Amendment 2, is an amendment that'll be on the ballot asking voters to legalize medical marijuana in Florida. This will be my first year voting in the elections and I am in favor of legalizing it. Hopefully we'll have a shot of it passing this year. We came close to it two years ago. If passed, Florida would be the first state in the south to legalize medical marijuana. Legalization of recreational use like in Colorado is the next step.

I think this link is the official website: United for Care
Just voted, everyone in my household is in favor of legalizing it. I really like our chances this year. I believe in 2014 that the mark was missed by less than 3%.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:35 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times
I voted yes. The commercials saying that they were going to make drugs look like candy to entice kids was insulting to anyone with at least average intelligence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: