Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 02:59 AM

1,129 posts, read 470,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
So over 200,000 deaths in six months is just collateral damage, right? Or are you in the camp that think it's killing all the right people?
Nearly 3 million people die every year in the US.

People see the Covid numbers and forget that we are all going to die and thousand of us die every single day.

It would be interesting to know for sure how many of the slated 200,000 you mention really died of Covid 19 rather than with it.

The more time goes on the more we see that the numbers are being inflated and the actual reality is very different to what we are being told.

The virus is real and a lot of very vulnerable people lost there lives between March and May but things are definitely not like that anymore, if you watch the figures coming out around the world you will see the reality is today you've got as much chance of dying in an accident at home than of Covid 19.

With regards to the title of this thread " Does DeSantis want Floridians to Die ? I'd say its the very opposite, he actually wants Floridians to live their lives which is a refreshing change where our leaders have totally lost perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2020, 03:57 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,937,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinspain View Post
Nearly 3 million people die every year in the US.

People see the Covid numbers and forget that we are all going to die and thousand of us die every single day.

It would be interesting to know for sure how many of the slated 200,000 you mention really died of Covid 19 rather than with it.

The more time goes on the more we see that the numbers are being inflated and the actual reality is very different to what we are being told.

The virus is real and a lot of very vulnerable people lost there lives between March and May but things are definitely not like that anymore, if you watch the figures coming out around the world you will see the reality is today you've got as much chance of dying in an accident at home than of Covid 19.

With regards to the title of this thread " Does DeSantis want Floridians to Die ? I'd say its the very opposite, he actually wants Floridians to live their lives which is a refreshing change where our leaders have totally lost perspective.
DeSantis wants to please his boss in D.C., he doesn't give a damn about any of his constituents. And if you trust any of these manipulated numbers, you haven't really been paying attention. Now that the White House has muzzled the CDC and taken over their messaging, I don't believe anything they say right now.

I guess ignorance is bliss.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:25 AM

1,129 posts, read 470,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
DeSantis wants to please his boss in D.C., he doesn't give a damn about any of his constituents. And if you trust any of these manipulated numbers, you haven't really been paying attention. Now that the White House has muzzled the CDC and taken over their messaging, I don't believe anything they say right now.

I guess ignorance is bliss.
I can assure you I am in no way ignorant, I have been watching all the data from all available sources since day one.

This crap is effecting my life and I am not an happy bunny, the facts show that politicians have totally lost the plot and are focusing all their energy on Covid-19 and ignoring the mounting deaths from other causes.

This is before we look at the misery being caused by the destruction being unfolded on the economy and taking away peoples basic freedoms.

First lesson for any leader is to look at the full picture when making any decisions, sadly very few are.

Last edited by britinspain; 09-28-2020 at 04:33 AM..

Old 09-28-2020, 07:38 AM

2,531 posts, read 1,864,874 times
Life isn't always easy or fun. Out in the public world, it isn't only you out there. There are other people around and that's why you wear a face mask, to slow down the spread of covid. This is a public health issue, everyone is at risk and we are all in this together. You can be a part of the problem or the solution. The sooner we get this pandemic out of the way, the sooner we can return to normal.

Old 09-28-2020, 08:01 AM

1,049 posts, read 961,336 times
I think it's politically motivated of course, I'm sure he got some pressure from GOP in the state legislature along with Trump. He might get lucky though, because COVID-19 is on a downward trajectory at the moment. It might flare up again later in the winter though, and we'll see if it was a mistake to completely re-open like this.

Old 09-28-2020, 09:54 AM

27,224 posts, read 43,956,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongStreet View Post
I think it's politically motivated of course, I'm sure he got some pressure from GOP in the state legislature along with Trump. He might get lucky though, because COVID-19 is on a downward trajectory at the moment. It might flare up again later in the winter though, and we'll see if it was a mistake to completely re-open like this.
It's not on a downward trajectory. Check out what's happening in Europe the past 30 days with August vacation season. Reopening everything is going to duplicate the same effect here in the US...

Old 09-28-2020, 10:09 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,698,258 times
At the rate the World is moving, the 3rd Wave is around the corner and the C0vid-19 Strain gets stronger every day that goes by, without VACCINES

We do not have the Arms to Fight the Pandemia other than the Masks for now.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:34 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,433,645 times
I have been watching videos from this guy called ZDoggMD.

Here is a video of why masks are a good thing to wear for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQNQxzvqeas but he advocates to stop shaming each other over whether or not to wear a mask.

and here is why lockdowns could cause more harm than Covid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePi0jtQF830 very long but worth it.

Here is a more in depth discussion of masks and why they(as in CDC) went about it the wrong way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8N5oduX1KQ

He has lots more videos which are very long with discussions with various doctors which are very interesting and enlightening. If you have a tv that gets youtube might make sense to watch it on that as I am sure by now everyone has gone through Netflix ;-) He is neither a democrat or a Republican (I think he is a libertarian but not sure) and hits on both sides for things they do/did regarding the virus.

Maybe it will make the doom and gloomers less so and those who think the hell with everything it's all a hoax think otherwise.

Me? I am wearing a mask when necessary, going out to restaurants though I did like the 50% capacity level for various reasons, and not being overly worried that it effects my mental health.

Old 09-28-2020, 04:51 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,365,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
This was released by the CDC this week--

COVID-19 SURVIVAL RATES (per CDC):
Ages 0-19: 99.997%
Ages 20-49: 99.98%
Ages 50-69: 99.5%
Ages 70+: 94.6%

Per the CDC’s numbers, those under 70-years-of-age have close to a 0% chance of dying from the infection.

For 6% of the deaths reported, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. There’s a big difference between dying WITH COVID and dying FROM it.

Right now, if you have terminal lung cancer, kidney or liver failure and test positive for COVID, you are counted as a COVID death.

This doesn’t mean COVID can’t be dangerous, it can. But it’s almost exclusively dangerous among those with certain diseases or advanced in age. It does not make sense to shut down the entire state based on the FACTS we now have about COVID-19.
This is a very convincing argument assuming that death is the only negative effect of the virus. There is mounting evidence that people who have been infected are at risk of not only lingering long term symptoms like cough, shortness of breath, headaches, and joint pain, but life-long medical complications that could shorten lifespans.

Organ damage has already been linked to Covid 19 infection in young people, even children, including damage to the heart, lungs, and brain. Damage consistent with the development of strokes, seizures and Guillain-Barre syndrome — a condition that causes temporary paralysis. COVID-19 may also increase the risk of developing Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.

Covid 19 can also cause unusual blood clotting and we may well see an increase in strokes and kidney damage from blood clots in people who were infected but "merely had a cough and shallow breath" for a few weeks.
Source

To cite the low death rate among youg people as a reason to not be concerned about Covid 19 is dangerously short sighted.

Old 09-28-2020, 07:30 PM

189 posts, read 195,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
This is a very convincing argument assuming that death is the only negative effect of the virus. There is mounting evidence that people who have been infected are at risk of not only lingering long term symptoms like cough, shortness of breath, headaches, and joint pain, but life-long medical complications that could shorten lifespans.

Organ damage has already been linked to Covid 19 infection in young people, even children, including damage to the heart, lungs, and brain. Damage consistent with the development of strokes, seizures and Guillain-Barre syndrome — a condition that causes temporary paralysis. COVID-19 may also increase the risk of developing Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.

Covid 19 can also cause unusual blood clotting and we may well see an increase in strokes and kidney damage from blood clots in people who were infected but "merely had a cough and shallow breath" for a few weeks.
Source

To cite the low death rate among youg people as a reason to not be concerned about Covid 19 is dangerously short sighted.
Actually its not. Everybody gets sick for one reason or another. And you can flip that around with talking about the long term health effects of extended lockdowns, inactivity, unemployment, stress, abuse, lack of socialization, and of course the restriction of breathing from the face diapers.

Another coronabro argument stomped out :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida