Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2021, 07:06 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,749,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1921 View Post
People like you have a political axe to grind. If you actually look at facts and ignore the spin, you would learn something. For every item you brought up, you can find the same thing in other states. We are all dealing with the same set of issues. You somehow seem to get your jollies out of political spin. I don’t. I focus on reality and on people and I look at what the data says. The only thing that is going to change anything is getting more vaccines and then convincing enough people to take them. Meanwhile, you will still be here coming up with your sick obsession in bashing a politician you don’t like.
I'm not Team DeSantis, and I've said this ENTIRE time that the vaccine issue is a NATIONAL problem and not a Florida-specific one. So, that's someone lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
it's the Miami Herald...agenda central

their circulation is about 75 thousand.....over 5 million people are not reading them
I quickly skimmed posts from the last couple of days, so I missed what you are referencing. However, the whole "attack the source" thing from people is getting old, especially from legacy news services. I don't agree with everything the Wall Street Journal puts on its editorial page, but that doesn't mean a general news article from them should be dismissed. If the person posted an editorial from the MH, then please disregard.

ANYWAY...

There will now be a residency requirement for COVID shots in Florida. You must have part time residency at a minimum and bring proof to your appointment. The wish has been granted. So, all the talk about "it's a federal program and we can't control that" was bunk this whole time.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...revard-county/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2021, 07:12 PM

1,067 posts, read 623,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
No, I was and still am mad that older folks on vacation who are NOT FLORIDA RESIDENTS are prioritized over TEACHERS who were forced by the Gov. to go back to work and be with covid positive students in their classrooms. By REMOVING TEACHERS from the pecking order he also removed teachers 50-64 as well as the younger crew. It's so clearly obvious I don't know how you can possibly argue that a citizen of another country deserves the vaccine before a Floridian teacher who is 64. I know a 58 year old Florida teacher who just got through a heart surgery, who has asked twice when he can get it, his doctor says "not yet according to the gov's rules".. yet a damn tourist can come in and get it and talk about how great it is because she wouldn't be able to get it for a while in her country.

That's just not right.
You keep trying to evade the concept of those that actual live here this time of year. They are not just on a simple vacation. If they has any other medical condition, they would be getting treatment here.

As for your examples, a 75 year old person has a higher risk factor versus a 64 year old teacher. Read the medical data. If the person with the heart surgery has had successful treatment and is considered lower risk by medical standards, then it is easy to understand the prioritization. I’ve had a heart procedure, but I am not high risk. It is sickening as to how you try to place value on one person over another.

Last edited by Jim1921; 01-19-2021 at 07:25 PM..

Old 01-19-2021, 08:11 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,785,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy3365 View Post
I'm not Team DeSantis, and I've said this ENTIRE time that the vaccine issue is a NATIONAL problem and not a Florida-specific one. So, that's someone lol.

I quickly skimmed posts from the last couple of days, so I missed what you are referencing. However, the whole "attack the source" thing from people is getting old, especially from legacy news services. I don't agree with everything the Wall Street Journal puts on its editorial page, but that doesn't mean a general news article from them should be dismissed. If the person posted an editorial from the MH, then please disregard.

ANYWAY...

There will now be a residency requirement for COVID shots in Florida. You must have part time residency at a minimum and bring proof to your appointment. The wish has been granted. So, all the talk about "it's a federal program and we can't control that" was bunk this whole time.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...revard-county/
Hey look at that, a step in the right direction. Now only if he would have had a little bit of a brain this would have been a requirement from the start. Oh well, better late than never. Easy enough to rent a place for a month, just like most of them were. Can't be a choosey beggar though I guess.

Old 01-20-2021, 12:23 AM

1,067 posts, read 623,945 times
Quote:
Hey look at that, a step in the right direction. Now only if he would have had a little bit of a brain this would have been a requirement from the start. Oh well, better late than never. Easy enough to rent a place for a month, just like most of them were. Can't be a choosey beggar though I guess.
Most are not just renting for a month.

Old 01-20-2021, 06:58 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Renting a place for a month would not meet the residency requirement.

And we WERE talking about "seasonal residents" who own property in FL.

Old 01-20-2021, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Renting a place for a month would not meet the residency requirement.

And we WERE talking about "seasonal residents" who own property in FL.
Seems to me all you need is a rental contract under requirements.. do you see something different?

Old 01-20-2021, 08:24 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
Quote:
Seems to me all you need is a rental contract under requirements.. do you see something different?
A person renting shouldn't be allowed to get the vaccine?

Old 01-20-2021, 08:53 AM

17,188 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
I guess I won't be getting it. lol

Old 01-20-2021, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
You are now over the top. Please find where I said a renter should not be allowed to get the vaccine. I simply said that it would be easy to get around the requirements to be called a "Florida Resident".

Old 01-20-2021, 09:29 AM

17,188 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
You are now over the top. Please find where I said a renter should not be allowed to get the vaccine. I simply said that it would be easy to get around the requirements to be called a "Florida Resident".
Why wouldn't someone with a rental contract be considered a Florida Resident? Isn't that contract the same thing you use to prove your address at the DMV? And for tax purposes? etc.?
My rental contract/lease agreement is the only real thing I have that proves my Florida residency. And I would think it should be enough...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida