Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 07:59 AM

436 posts, read 1,357,595 times

Advertisements

Moving anywhere is really tough decision...especially in this market. I know people have to move for military and jobs. But if it is about relocation, then it really has to be a joint/family decision. I do feel bad for those couples where one wants the move and the other doesn't. It is especially difficult when the move is to a place that the couple did not agree on. I love our new home in Florida and so does my husband. I think it would be so unnecessarily stressful if we did not agree and research together our move.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:37 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post

I'm not desperate enough to be in a marriage that I would live somewhere that makes me misreable. BUT thats just me. I am more independent then that. If a man can't see that my needs are as important as his, then he doesn't deserve me.
Wow.

Does it make you feel good to insult people; especially those you don't know? That says tons about character.

You enjoy attacking people. That's unfortunate & so sad. Marriage probably isn't a good thing for people of that nature.

Last edited by 121804; 06-06-2008 at 10:50 AM..

Old 06-06-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margel View Post
I know people have to move for military
For those who lived the military life since 9/11, they understand that some decisions are not so easy & that sometimes you take what is given due to the other choice. For many that other choice is another deployment to Iraq or Afghanistan. For those left behind, there is no greater day than the day one's spouse returns & you TRULY know what you will do to STAY TOGETHER & BOTH do what it takes once your commitment to the military is complete.

Last edited by 121804; 06-06-2008 at 11:06 AM..

Old 06-06-2008, 01:05 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Wow.

Does it make you feel good to insult people; especially those you don't know? That says tons about character.

You enjoy attacking people. That's unfortunate & so sad. Marriage probably isn't a good thing for people of that nature.
The point I'm trying to make is that either your husband is insensetive to your needs and puts his first OR your not as misreable as you say. Its one or the other.

AND I am not the kind of person who would stay in a relationship where my partner didn't take my feelings into consideration.

I see you completely IGNORED the rest of my post. You blasted on to this thread on the defense to begin with before you had even known ME outside of it. Whose character does that say something about?

Old 06-06-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
The point I'm trying to make is that either your husband is insensetive to your needs and puts his first OR your not as misreable as you say. Its one or the other.

AND I am not the kind of person who would stay in a relationship where my partner didn't take my feelings into consideration.

I see you completely IGNORED the rest of my post. You blasted on to this thread on the defense to begin with before you had even known ME outside of it. Whose character does that say something about?
You feel the need to beat up on those who appear weaker than you or you are looking for a fight.

I feel sorry & sad for you.

I hope you find better ways to get rid of the frustration you have with whatever issues and relationships that have made you so bitter.

Best of luck.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:32 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
I have met several people who came here because nobody would tell them the truth about Florida. No they just get the sunshine, beaches, babes, etc "positive thinking". It has always been hot, humid and miserable much of the year, but that's a given. Large bugs, abundant critters, thunderstorms and hurricanes, also a given. I never criticise someone with sunshine dreams who hit Floriduh reality. What I do criticise are people who promote Florida and stumble others into coming here, unprepared. Those delusional people bring bubble money from the northeast and overseas, and are the core of why Florida today is an economic disaster. If just the real estate bubble bursts it will go a long way to fixing all Florida's problems.

Old 06-06-2008, 04:07 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
You feel the need to beat up on those who appear weaker than you or you are looking for a fight.

I feel sorry & sad for you.

I hope you find better ways to get rid of the frustration you have with whatever issues and relationships that have made you so bitter.

Best of luck.
LOL, I actually don't have frustrations other then people like I wrote this thread for. I get tired of all the pointless gassing on about how horrible Florida is when in reality, the complaints are probably born from the persons life and they would be unhappy no matter where they live.

As for YOU feeling sorry for me. Thats rich. I live where I LOVE to live. I own my own home outright, I make my own decisions and the posibilities are endless for me. I am FAR from bitter. I think your indulging in a little projection because in your posts right out of the gate that smack of bitterness.

Old 06-06-2008, 04:24 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Ladies, please take a break from this squabbling. You're inching ever closer to breaking the rules for CD. Please read the Terms of Service if you doubt it. Please be nice even if you don't feel like it or take a break from this thread.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:44 PM

108 posts, read 469,918 times
Why would you move to Florida and then complain about it being flat?
Why would you move to Florida if you want to swim in lakes and then complain that you can't swim in lakes because of gators and snakes?
Why would you move to Florida if you want 4-season weather?
Why would you move to Florida if you can't handle hurricane season?

Last edited by checar; 06-06-2008 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-06-2008, 06:21 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
Quote:
As I have said before, the job market IS bad here, rather then cry in my beer, I found a job working from home. I have the time to post because I do a customer service job, sitting at home. When there are no calls, I am here playing around on the computer.
Sounds like an interesting life you have <sarcasm>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida