Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 03:03 PM

622 posts, read 400,285 times

Advertisements

How open minded of you…Again, I will not dismiss your anecdotal experiences, but unfortunately they are anecdotal. I can and have literally provided article after article supporting my stance, yet all you have are stories telling me the racism between both camps are equal (they’re not and any unbiased person will tell you that).

Are you able to provide any reputable data that supports the argument that liberals are just as racist as conservatives?

Also I notice you refuse to respond to my question of which party the racists support…I find that very telling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Once again, I respectfully disagree. Most whites in both parties are not racist in my opinion and the ones who are racist are equally split. On the right, they are loud and proud. On the left, they hide or don’t even realize it. I grew up in a small town in Alaska and also lived in San Francisco. At the end of the day, there was no more or less racism in the small red town vs the large blue city. Nothing will change my mind on that because it’s been my experience. And when you are aware of this, just pay attention. I remember one of my liberal friends who absolutely hates trump and says all maga are racists tell my chinese american friend who was born here, well it’s none of your business, just focus on china. He knows she was born here. The issue was she was condemning the riots that were taking place after George Floyd. I’ve had similar experiences to this as well. Biden saying you arent black if you don’t vote for him is racist. Osbourne equating hispanics to toilet cleaners is racist. Anyways, this will just go back and forth because it’s something we don’t agree with and that’s fine. That’s what makes this country great is we can have different opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM

1,066 posts, read 764,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
She promoted birth control, and in this day and age abortion is absolutely a form of birth control.

Old 04-04-2024, 08:44 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
She promoted birth control, and in this day and age abortion is absolutely a form of birth control.
She did not promote abortion as a method of birth control.

Old 04-04-2024, 08:59 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times
It isn't as simple as that. It requires two doctors to present, in writing, their agreement that an abortion is necessary. It requires that they violate HIPAA law to inform lawmakers, who are unqualified to determine the health of the mother, and then the lawmakers make the final decision.

By that time, the woman could already be dead. Or she might have more complications than she started out with. Such as sepsis, which she might not have had when they told her that carrying a child she WANTED to have, could put her at risk.

Women who are 7 or 8 months pregnant aren't WANTING to not be pregnant anymore. It's not the business of any lawmaker what she is going through, when she decides with her doctor to terminate the pregnancy. Except they've made it their business, and now any woman who gets pregnant, has the additional stress of fearing public scrutiny, and lawyers and lawsuits and doctors who refuse to touch them, if god forbid there's a problem with the pregnancy that puts her at RISK - but she's not actually dying yet.

Last edited by Yac; 04-08-2024 at 11:26 PM..

Old 04-04-2024, 09:00 PM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times
“Although abortion may be resorted to in order to save the life of the mother, the practice of it merely for limitation of offspring is dangerous and vicious.”

“If you are going to have an abortion, make up your mind to it in the first stages, and have it done. On the other hand, there is often a feeling of the strongest desire to continue with the pregnancy. It is for each woman to decide this for herself, but act at once, whichever way you decide.”

The above quotes are from Margaret Sanger. I don’t think she was exactly pro-abortion, as she called it dangerous and vicious, but she did feel that if you’re going to have one, make up your mind quickly and do it early in your pregnancy.

Old 04-09-2024, 05:16 PM

Quote:
She did not promote abortion as a method of birth control.
I never wrote that at all. Go back and read my original comment again. Abortion is a form of birth control and she promoted birth control. Go ahead and try to twist my words, ain't gonna happen.

Old 04-09-2024, 05:31 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
I never wrote that at all. Go back and read my original comment again. Abortion is a form of birth control and she promoted birth control. Go ahead and try to twist my words, ain't gonna happen.
She specifically did not advocate abortion as a method of birth control. It is there in her own words.

You are the one who is trying to twist words.

Old 04-10-2024, 06:29 AM

Quote:
She specifically did not advocate abortion as a method of birth control. It is there in her own words.

You are the one who is trying to twist words.
Not even. You will not change my way of thinking, nor will I, yours. And you are cherry picking her actual writing, go figure.

I never wrote that she promoted or advocated for abortion you literally put those words in my mouth. As an activist for birth control, she was all about it and wrote exactly such. Moreover, if she were alive and living in of today's modern culture she'd probably have been at the front of the line with her signs and pink hat, promoting those "reproductive rights." I merely wrote that she wished for it, in the meaning that it met her goals of reducing a certain population. Even though she considered it vicious.

Also, I've been there myself suzy_q, I know of what I speak. It is vicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
“Although abortion may be resorted to in order to save the life of the mother, the practice of it merely for limitation of offspring is dangerous and vicious.”

“If you are going to have an abortion, make up your mind to it in the first stages, and have it done. On the other hand, there is often a feeling of the strongest desire to continue with the pregnancy. It is for each woman to decide this for herself, but act at once, whichever way you decide.”

The above quotes are from Margaret Sanger. I don’t think she was exactly pro-abortion, as she called it dangerous and vicious, but she did feel that if you’re going to have one, make up your mind quickly and do it early in your pregnancy.

Old 04-10-2024, 02:35 PM

9,111 posts, read 6,155,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
I lived in Boston, a liberal bastion especially around the Cambridge area where I resided so I won’t dismiss your experiences as they seem totally plausible; however, I find your opinion to be absolutely incorrect. If we were to take a poll (outside of C-D because it skews heavily to one demographic: Older, MAGA, rural, and plenty of closet racists) it would be clear that Trump and his base skew on bigotry - anyone saying otherwise is simply being disingenuous.

As a simple proof of concept, in large numbers are the hate groups supporting Trump or Biden? Did the hate groups support Desantis or Christ during the gubernatorial race? Do hate groups in general support Democratic candidates in any political race?

https://www.thenation.com/article/po...-donald-trump/

https://americasvoice.org/blog/dozen...er-of-the-gop/

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...ng-the-result/

White nationalist hate groups have grown 55% in Trump era, report finds
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rty-law-center

So, are we arguing over which side has the most organized hate groups?

Will Rogers is up to the task for this one: "I am not a member of any organized party — I am a Democrat."

Old 04-11-2024, 08:52 AM

622 posts, read 400,285 times
Yeah a wild concept huh?

I give you links to factual studies regarding hate groups and Trump and you provide me a silly quote..talk about bringing a knife to a gunfight sheesh.

If Democrats are actually the racists, why aren't hate groups flocking to them like they do to the MAGA Republican Party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
So, are we arguing over which side has the most organized hate groups?

Will Rogers is up to the task for this one: "I am not a member of any organized party — I am a Democrat."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida