Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2024, 03:54 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times

Advertisements

This is actually two initiatives.

The first is the lawful sale and purchase of cannabis for non-medical use, by anyone age 21 or older.

The second is that abortion up to the point of viability, OR if there's a threat to the mother's life as determined by her doctor, is between the pregnant person and her doctor, and that the government will no longer legislate her womb.

These are Florida initiatives. Roe v. Wade is no longer valid and the decision to restrict abortion (or not), is now up to each state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2024, 06:13 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,304,086 times
Recreational Marijuana is Amendment #3

Abortion is Amendment #4

Both on the Ballot in Florida's Nov 2024 election

Old 04-02-2024, 11:57 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
I'll be supporting marijuana and pro-choice, while voting for Trump.

Old 04-02-2024, 12:42 PM

622 posts, read 400,285 times
Doesn't that go against MAGA belief systems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post

Old 04-02-2024, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Maybe partly. Alaska is one of the reddest states that legalized recreational marijuana a decade ago. Trump said it was a huge mistake for DeSantis to sign a 6-week abortion ban. I don't belong to a party. I voted for Obama, then Trump, then Biden, and now will be voting for Trump. There are far more issues I support with Trump these days now that Biden took a hard left and floored it. And I think DeSantis for the most part has done a great job and would take his policies over California (where I moved from) any day.

Old 04-02-2024, 01:30 PM

622 posts, read 400,285 times
Thanks...I appreciate the detailed response.

Quote:
Maybe partly. Alaska is one of the reddest states that legalized recreational marijuana a decade ago. Trump said it was a huge mistake for DeSantis to sign a 6-week abortion ban. I don't belong to a party. I voted for Obama, then Trump, then Biden, and now will be voting for Trump. There are far more issues I support with Trump these days now that Biden took a hard left and floored it. And I think DeSantis for the most part has done a great job and would take his policies over California (where I moved from) any day.

Old 04-02-2024, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Thanks...I appreciate the detailed response.
No problem, while I'm not a libertarian... I generally support liberty from both parties... which includes guns, abortion, marijuana, self-defense, etc.

Old 04-02-2024, 01:39 PM

2,327 posts, read 2,276,900 times
Quote:
That seems consistent with Florida republicans taking a libertarian tilt. That’s one thing I think a lot of people overlook about Florida is our republicans aren’t very conservative in the traditional sense.

Old 04-02-2024, 02:11 PM

2,529 posts, read 1,860,003 times
Weed should be legalized but abortion should be illegal. It is murder.

Old 04-02-2024, 05:33 PM

238 posts, read 129,333 times
Quote:
Most people are fairly reasonable. The far left likes to frame the abortion issue in an all-or-nothing context while the vast majority of people are nuanced on the subject. True, there are some fundamentalists out there who believe that abortion should never occur under any circumstances, but these groups are small and the left likes to paint all conservatives with this brush.

The great majority of people find that some time restriction on abortion is morally sound. Is it right to abort a baby at 30 weeks? Or 25? Most people would find that to be abhorrent. 15 weeks is the limit for many, but some might consider a more strict 12 or even 6 weeks to be justifiable. I'm not sure on the issue, but I think that under 15 weeks it should be between a woman and her doctor and family.

My wife is pregnant with our 2nd child, both have been healthy and my wife has been mostly healthy for both pregnancies, and we'll likely have a couple more after this. We are family-oriented people, and I encourage sane, responsible people who are not a burden on others to go out and have children in order to prevent Idiocracy from occurring in real time.

As for MJ, I think it's fine in private. I don't care. What I am against is people using it in public spaces, especially in the park where children (including my son and I) play. I don't want them inhaling the stuff and I don't want them to associate fond childhood memories of playing on a playground with the smell of marijuana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida