Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:53 PM

9 posts, read 34,284 times

Advertisements

Ok, i was born and raised in Miami, but the economy and the fact spanish is our #1 language in the city has become to hard on me.

but people always say the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

but i need your guys/gals help.

is tampa, orlando, jacksonville better places to live and have a nice and quiet life compared to living in OVERPRICED gang infested miami
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 10:33 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,560,012 times
I can tell you for a fact that Orlando is like Miami number 2. You will encounter much of the same problems you find in Miami.

I have heard that the panhandle area is much better.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:45 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,114 times
I have been in tampa for about a 1 yr and I like it

Old 06-23-2008, 03:48 AM

5 posts, read 16,760 times
I live way out in the Country, so for me, when I go to Tampa or Orlando, even Miami, the fast, and crazy pace makes me dizzy. So in my eyes, Tampa, Orlando, and Miami (even New York) are all crazy (to me any how).

Old 06-23-2008, 09:45 AM

22 posts, read 105,890 times
i grew up in miami all my life as well, i went away to college in tallahassee. you find yourself missing miami no matter how much u complain about it

Old 06-23-2008, 10:11 AM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,141,102 times
I like it here in Tallahassee. North Florida is nice to me.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:12 AM

440 posts, read 2,426,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE CHAPLIN View Post
Ok, i was born and raised in Miami, but the economy and the fact spanish is our #1 language in the city has become to hard on me.

but people always say the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

but i need your guys/gals help.

is tampa, orlando, jacksonville better places to live and have a nice and quiet life compared to living in OVERPRICED gang infested miami
How about coming up to the panhandle for a visit to check it our for yourself? Maybe a fresh perspective will make things more clear -- sometimes all you need to do is leave home to really appreciate it!

That said, we live on the Beaches of South Walton ... it's a slower paced, beach lifestyle .... largely dependent on the tourist economy ... so jobs are somewhat limited ... especially in this economy .... but we've never felt safer anywhere .... people actually leave their stuff on the beach ... which they are not supposed to do and that's a whole other subject ... but the point is: where else in America can you leave things on the beach and expect to see them when you return the next day?

Old 06-23-2008, 01:24 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,682,743 times
I moved to Tampa from Miami ten years ago and while I kind of felt the same way as you do when I left, I have to say that if it wasn't for familial responsibilties and a great job I would be back to Miami in a heartbeat warts and all.

Good luck with your decision!

Old 06-24-2008, 03:22 PM

156 posts, read 151,799 times
I second the person who said not to move to Orlando, it is becoming all too familar with Miami. Dont know too much about Tampa, but having been there and all, I dont think it is much different from Orlando in that regard. I think Tampa seems a bit dirtier too (than Orlando). I'd suggest Northern FL for sure.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:07 PM

4 posts, read 6,474 times
The panhandle is beautiful, but have you looked at St. Augustine? It is still very pristine, lots of history, and has some really nice beaches. It probably wouldn't be as packed in with people....Jacksonville seems to have no identity. Lots of traffic in Orlando and Tampa.

Just depends on what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida