Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 07:05 AM

1,024 posts, read 3,343,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I spoke with the NP Building Department a few days ago to answer some questions that LewLew had. They said that the only thing that they could actually confirm is the Lowe's going in. The building department said that if it hasn't gone through the DRC it's not "official". I asked them about the rumor of movie theaters coming in at the corner of Toledo Blade & Price and also the Target. Their response was that it hasn't been approved yet but they have also heard the rumor. You can follow what is in the pipeline by clicking on DRC, Dec 6-it shows the new Lowe's being reviewed. Click on Departments-->Planning & Zoning-->Board & Agendas-->DRC, Dec 6-It's not coming up on the link Welcome to the City of North Port (http://www.cityofnorthport.com/plan/default.asp - broken link)
Yes, thank you. My realtor pointed me to them, and that is what they said. I didi speak to them again, and the Target is in negotiations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 09:52 AM

57 posts, read 233,267 times
Having just left Target to go to my new job the only two stores they have that are opening up soon near Port Charlotte are in the Fort Meyers area, one a regular store (south) and the other being a SuperTarget (north). Don't worry LewLew, I did my research before I left!

Old 12-16-2007, 02:07 PM

774 posts, read 2,382,272 times
Newspaper still reporting that Target is going in at the corner of Price and Sumpter.

That info could be wrong but that's what's still being negotiated.

Mikey

Old 01-25-2008, 05:48 PM

6 posts, read 6,476 times
According to an article on Northportlife.com a Target is in the plans. There is a floor plan that shows the Retail Center on the corner of Price Blvd and Sumper Blvd (Lot has been cleared.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:51 PM

6 posts, read 6,476 times
I saw the layout plan for the Target and retail center on NorthPortLife.com, and it appears to be on the corner of Price Blvd and Sumpter, lot has already been cleared.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:38 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,343,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Danzuela View Post
I saw the layout plan for the Target and retail center on NorthPortLife.com, and it appears to be on the corner of Price Blvd and Sumpter, lot has already been cleared.
Great news...we are moving soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2008, 01:59 PM

80 posts, read 340,853 times
Some new North Port news...

Lowes has just started construction and the land is almost entirely cleared.

The 23 1/2 hour emergency clinic broke ground yesterday.

The hotest new news is that Sport Authority is coming to North Port as well.

Additionally after driving through several neighborhoods yesterday the area looks cleaner then ever. They must have paved over 50 miles of neighborhood roads in the past year. Amazing just how good it looks.

The 2nd middle school is almost completed and will open for the next school year.

4 x more lots were put on pending sale this month then the average month of last year. This is a good indication that the area has bottomed out in terms of land prices.

Builder models (spec's) are almost sold out and will be do by mid to late 2008+/-.

Some builders have indicated that they are now starting plans to start construction of new homes in the next 2 to 4 months.

Still plenty of great deals on existing new homes and 1 to 4 year old homes out there but this is expected to change within a year or so.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:10 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Nice Post jdber94, you pretty much talked about most of the important things going on in North Port. Great job-rep points to ya!

Old 02-06-2008, 09:01 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Here's a little bit of info I just heard and thought I would pass it along:

Toledo Blade Blvd construction should be completed 12 to 18 months from commencement sometime between the 4th quarter of 2008 and the 1st quarter of 2009.

Toledo Blade and Price development plan, includes a Publix, Walgreen’s, a movie theater, YMCA, Library, several restaurant sites (rumor has it that one may be Chili’s), a home improvement store, several medical and retail office sites and much, much more.

On Jan 4 th, 2008 the Sarasota Herald Tribune reported these facts about the new medical facility on Toledo Blade: one-third of the facility will be dedicated to emergency care which is owned and operated by Sarasota Memorial Hospital. Another hope is that this facility will lure doctors to the city improving residents' options for on-going medical care. The facility is scheduled to be open in Jan. 2009.

The land is being cleared where the Next Nine restaurant use to be. They currently have plans for a bank site, a convenience store/gas station and several office/retail buildings.

There is yet more construction plans for a top notch, 7,000 square foot day care center and a 15,000 square foot office/retail facility to be built on 2 acres of land, along Toledo Blade, on 2 commercial lots in Lakeside Plantation. The development plans have been approved by the city and it is planned that the construction for the day care center will start in Feb. ’08 with a completion date of August 1st. The marketing and enrollment program should start in the spring of 2008.

Lots of commercial construction going up in North Port!

Old 02-12-2008, 02:02 PM

80 posts, read 340,853 times
Thanks for the additional update. Have you ever attended the monthly North Port investors meeting? If you want some details email me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida