Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Florida a good place to visit, but a bad place to live?
Yes! 296 52.02%
No. 273 47.98%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 05:35 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate Guy View Post
Hey Trim, I hear ya.

BTW, I'm suspecting there's gotta be some hanging chads with the poll results going with a majority thinking Florida is a great place to visit but not to live!!

I say, let's have a recount...and I suspect a certain poster might be voting more than once !!!! LOL.

j/k, guys..can't we all get along? Florida haters and Florida lovers?
I posted a thread a while ago on the General Forum and the results were about the same. Nice place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there. Most people in their comments said it was too brutally hot for too long.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:41 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,574,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I posted a thread a while ago on the General Forum and the results were about the same. Nice place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there. Most people in their comments said it was too brutally hot for too long.
Oh well, TAN, guess it's not a case of hanging chads!

BTW, it's good to see you grinning....see, people can still smile in the Sunshine State...and if you're smiling now when it's already night, I can only imagine the cartwheels you must do when the sun comes out every day!!!!!

Old 09-04-2009, 05:41 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Florida would be a big improvement if all those who don't like it here would up and go somewhere else instead of constantly telling us how much they hate it here. How many times do we need to be told in the same pole by the same posters: http://www.city-data.com/forum/misc....osted&t=400286

Old 09-04-2009, 05:45 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,574,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Florida would be a big improvement if all those who don't like it here would up and go somewhere else instead of constantly telling us how much they hate it here. How many times do we need to be told in the same pole by the same posters: http://www.city-data.com/forum/misc....osted&t=400286

Hey Nomad, How did I make it to that infamous list????? Wow, can you have that tally audited, please!

Old 09-04-2009, 05:52 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate Guy View Post
Hey Nomad, How did I make it to that infamous list????? Wow, can you have that tally audited, please!
Only the admin can make changes and I can assure you he won't.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:28 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,774,924 times
Hey now... I see I am second on there, I have been a LOT more Florida friendly lately. Just got a new job moving to a really awesome place in Estero tomorrow!!! Things are well for me. Ya, looking forward to the cooling off, and low humidity, but life here in FL is good.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:38 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,213,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Hey now... I see I am second on there, I have been a LOT more Florida friendly lately. Just got a new job moving to a really awesome place in Estero tomorrow!!! Things are well for me. Ya, looking forward to the cooling off, and low humidity, but life here in FL is good.
Good luck! I like to see people making changes to better their lives.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:21 PM

522 posts, read 1,610,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Believe me, I'm trying to do just that! I am certainly in agreement that if you don't like where you live move. This place is a cesspool.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:14 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanie55 View Post
Believe me, I'm trying to do just that! I am certainly in agreement that if you don't like where you live move. This place is a cesspool.
Thank god!

I am of the opinion that the rudest, most miserable people encountered by normal people on a dialy basis are those that are miserable in their own lives and surroundings, thinking everyone else is out to con them, cheat them, swindle them, and be rude to them.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:06 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Congratulations! I don't know much about Estero, but it sounds like it is loads better than ole Ft. Myers! Living in a place you really like makes all the difference in one's happiness factor. I wasn't happy back when we were living in a tiny rural town here (Dade City) because it didn't suit me, and for awhile even I was a little down on my state. Now I am living in my "paradise" and wake up every day feeling blessed and happy!

Enjoy your new job and home - as you have discovered, Florida is not so bad after all, and yes our GREAT WEATHER is just around the corner!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida