Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 03:11 PM

436 posts, read 1,089,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
No love - half of what I make here which would have me around 45K and him around 40K, but that is more than 18 an hour, so I'm not sure now.

I think to live in S FL comfortably, IMO, you would need to be around $80k combined. But, others may think it needs to be closer to $100k. It depends on your debt, etc... If you moved to PSL and bought a decent foreclosure for $175k and you and your hubby were making $75k b/w you two, I think that would be good, as long as you dont pay a lot each month towards credit card debt, car pyments, etc... If you said your car pyments were $500/month each, I think it'd be tough, but if your cars are paid off, then I think $75k combined would be decent enough, as long as you keep your mortgage reasonable.

If you want to live in PBG or Jupiter, and your mortgage is gonna be $2500/mo., I'd say you will need to rent or live somewhere (like PSL) where you can stay at or around the $150k-175k for a house. These suggestions are based on an annual combined income of $75k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 04:32 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
That is why I like my line of work, I can live at most of the properties for FREE. So if I make $18 an hour I am doing good. Not looking at buying a house for a while...

Old 03-18-2009, 06:01 PM

27 posts, read 59,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
it was called a job transfer that he had no choice or he would loose his job the guy I was mentioning...people think its UTOPIA HERE also, and ive been saying it now NO PLACE IS PERFECT, and there will be things that you like about somewhere and others dont and visa versa....however for US Nc just isnt a fit for us, where florida might be....so with that in mind there isnt anything special here except for Northerners and Floridians who think the grass is greener on the side, and unfortuantely for some they are now realizing that, that isnt the case...and yes u are right, NC might not be for everyone and florida might fit their needs and again visa versa...
You know I am sorry but I have to laugh, I don't know what happened all of a sudden that Charlotte is not for I can quote you on many posts how much you loved it here and was the best thing you ever did...Now you put it down, you frequently do this as with Millbridge, loved it and was moving there now you have negative things to say. You should stop giving advise most of it is BS anyway! Please move to Florida many people will be very happy....

Old 03-18-2009, 06:08 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinNC View Post
You know I am sorry but I have to laugh, I don't know what happened all of a sudden that Charlotte is not for I can quote you on many posts how much you loved it here and was the best thing you ever did...Now you put it down, you frequently do this as with Millbridge, loved it and was moving there now you have negative things to say. You should stop giving advise most of it is BS anyway! Please move to Florida many people will be very happy....
its called A JOB is it your business??? are u going to pay my mortgage?? and it isnt for my family as again my children aren't happy here, and now its NOT OK to have somewhere that one lives not be a fit for our family??? I havent bashed CHARLOTTE as its a great place again its time for us to move on for PERSONAL REASONS... it is beautiful here SO PLEASE dont twist my words....

and why are u posting on here..I left the charlotte forum please go on your way, and stop Bashing me my god...

Old 03-18-2009, 06:17 PM

27 posts, read 59,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
its called A JOB is it your business??? are u going to pay my mortgage?? and it isn't for my family as again my children aren't happy here, and now its NOT OK to have somewhere that one lives not be a fit for our family??? I havent bashed CHARLOTTE as its a great place again its time for us to move on for PERSONAL REASONS... it is beautiful here SO PLEASE dont twist my words....

and why are u posting on here..I left the Charlotte forum please go on your way, and stop Bashing me my god...
You know that's fine, of course it may not be a fit for everyone just seems that you bash stuff as soon as it's not right. Just move on no need to bring negativity to it. Believe me I've seen it constantly with you...You'll see Florida will be the same thing, you can't hid from your problems they go everywhere with you....

Old 03-18-2009, 06:20 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
[quote=HappyinNC;7946015]You know that's fine, of course it may not be a fit for everyone just seems that you bash stuff as soon as it's not right. Just move on no need to bring negativity to it. Believe me I've seen it constantly with you...You'll see Florida will be the same thing, you can't hid from your problems they go everywhere with you....[/QUOTE

there is NO bashing from me of charlotte...I NEVER bashed it again it is beautiful awesome shopping, great convience, I dont love the cold when it does get cold but still better than up north...so Please again dont say I did bash it because if u would have read sme of my other posts u will see I CLEARLY stated I WASNT bashing charlotte, and unfortunately it isnt a fit for us, and for personal and job reasons we need to eventually move...

Last edited by Swimmom32; 03-18-2009 at 07:07 PM..

Old 03-18-2009, 07:04 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,766,181 times
Thanks hop that helps me a lot. I think we will do a little better than that. I'm being positive!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:27 PM

436 posts, read 1,089,262 times
Chelsa, your awesome. And you listened to the Wu back in the day? It's all gooood. If you cant talk your husband out of moving to S FL, I hope that you can enjoy it. Weston sounds like the place to be in Broward Co., so I'd look into it. You could probably find a good deal on a house there too with the foreclosures and all.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:38 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,766,181 times
Oh yes honey, Ima looking as we speak. My step mother is actually going to move in with us so that will help even more. Now, I'm opting for a 5 bedroom home instead of 4 which seems to not be very difficult to find, I thought it would be much harder. I will be fine. I'm sure of it.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:08 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
I'm Baaaaack...... Got here Sunday evening. Perty warm, but feels ok after the winter in MA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida