Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2009, 04:51 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,690,750 times

Advertisements

I am in Arizona and my 90 year old mother is in Florida. She went there so my sister could take care of her and now my sister has had a stroke and can't help. At present my mother has a Home Health Care Aid one day a week, which she pays. She needs to have this girl come in an additional day which she can not afford. Is there some state agency that can assist her with this?

Old 10-05-2009, 05:43 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,828,258 times
The contact point will be her local/regional Area Agency on Aging. List is here:

DOEA Internet

They handle screening and funding those kinds of services in that area. Whether she can get anything at the present depends on how great her need is and how much money the local AAA has left in their budget.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
The contact point will be her local/regional Area Agency on Aging. List is here:

DOEA Internet

They handle screening and funding those kinds of services in that area. Whether she can get anything at the present depends on how great her need is and how much money the local AAA has left in their budget.
Thank you, it's nice to know this board has positive applications

Old 10-05-2009, 08:27 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,749,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I am in Arizona and my 90 year old mother is in Florida. She went there so my sister could take care of her and now my sister has had a stroke and can't help. At present my mother has a Home Health Care Aid one day a week, which she pays. She needs to have this girl come in an additional day which she can not afford. Is there some state agency that can assist her with this?
Profiles of criminals in Florida child care and elder care -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Old 12-24-2010, 01:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,681 times
Hi Boompa, there are lots of elder care homes available all over US. But you must check the facilities provided at these elder care homes. An adult care home must have the following features:
All bedrooms should be ventilated and spacious enough. These residences should have care staffs who work 24/7 with registered nurse consultation. Bedrooms should be effectively arranged in order to make them feel like being in home with all accommodation facilities. Even personalized arrangement would also be preferred.
An adult care home's main goal must be to bring them to the joy of this world. It would be better to engage them in some activities which could make them happy as well as healthy.
Bremerton adult family home

Old 12-24-2010, 01:18 PM

My mom died shortly before Christmas and i want to thank those bhave replied for the positive advice. I had a Dignity Memorial Plan for prepaid Cemetary expenses and i wanted to put in a plug for the help they were. They swapped a spot in Pennsylvania for one in Florida and made all of the arraingements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida