Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 06:01 AM

1 posts, read 5,088 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about relocating from Ohio to Perry Florida. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the Tidewater Apts or the zip code area 32347. Any information would be great but specificly I want to know what the general area is like. Is it a good or bad neighborhood? Is the crime bad? What are people like there? Thanks for your help in advance.

Ty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 09:52 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,301,824 times
Perry is a depressing regional town struggling for relevancy after being bypassed by the interstate. It's surrounded by swamp and woodlands and there isn't much to do. Logging and trucking are big industries around there. Search the forum for some threads on Perry; surprisingly, there are quite a few.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:11 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,749,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysene View Post
I am thinking about relocating from Ohio to Perry Florida. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the Tidewater Apts or the zip code area 32347. Any information would be great but specificly I want to know what the general area is like. Is it a good or bad neighborhood? Is the crime bad? What are people like there? Thanks for your help in advance.

Ty
It is a bad choice. I was just there again only two weeks ago and the place is awful. Saturday night consists of the whole town being drunk or so it would seem and lots of wild young people. I didn't even feel safe being out. Florida has a zillion small towns that are on the fringe of the larger towns giving you the best of both lifestyles. There are many good choices. Maybe not meeting all your needs but not really bad. Most small town the biggest knock is nothing to do, but Perry is horrible. Did I mention the town smells 24/7 it is all you can stand to take a breath. I think it comes from a factory somewhere near. if you read much of what I write on here you will see I am not one to ever badmouth but in this case I would not live there if you gave me a house and paid me to live in it.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:28 PM

2 posts, read 9,243 times
I might be late in saying this, but DON'T move to perry! All the other two have said is 100% true. That is one of the most miserable areas in the whole state of Florida.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:15 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,770,366 times
In checking CityDatas stats on Perry, Fl., it does appear to have a high crime rate . Have you examined CityDatas stats on Perry ? If the job situation isnt a big concern for you., give the Panhandle some consideration --- its a strong Christian area of Florida and overall , morals/ethics/and values are high and treasured if you see those things as a plus .

Old 10-05-2010, 06:19 AM

6 posts, read 29,831 times
OMG, don't do it! I was raised in those apartments many years ago. Today they are drug infested and they are public housing. They even refer to the Apartments as "The Project" And as far as the zip code is concerned I think there is only 2 in the whole town, and you dont want to do either one of those. Been there, done that, and would not advise it of you. That is, if you havent moved there already. I guess there was no picture of those apartments huh.....

Old 12-18-2010, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 4,426 times
Perry is a dismal place to live. Tidewater is a good place if you want to sell drugs, or buy them. Perry is the best thing that's happened to Tallahassee in terms of trade. The town has promise because it's on the coast.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:27 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,238,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
Saturday night consists of the whole town being drunk or so it would seem and lots of wild young people.
Have you seen the women there? Its easier to get drunk than have everyone ask why you tote that paper bag around.

Ah the memories; too bad we can't really wipe them out completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
I didn't even feel safe being out.
You probably weren't. Never party alone in taylor co FL.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:44 AM

509 posts, read 1,680,093 times
Perry is not on the coast. Its not far from the coast, but please, don't give anyone the idea that it is some kind of a beach town. It is very rural, very small and the smell comes from a paper mill. One of the big employers is Taylor Correctional Institution. I had to spend some time working there and heard a lot of unsettling stories about the town. I've lived in a lot of small, rural Florida towns and none of them unnerved me, but Perry did.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:47 PM

7 posts, read 14,284 times
The county seat which is Taylor county is on the coast which is the Gulf of Mexico. And you're right, it is not a beach town, far from it. You can't believe everything you hear and only half of what you see. Don't let your ears witness something your eyes haven't seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: