Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 10:32 AM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,992 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried these? They're very low carb - I saw them discussed on TV today. Apparently you "love or hate" them. I haven't seen them in the stores, but may try to find some.

If you have tried them, what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 10:49 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,405,498 times
love, love, love them

Old 01-20-2011, 01:26 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
What are they like?

Old 01-20-2011, 09:23 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,992 times
Well, I tried it, and it's rather tasteless (except it really smells before being rinsed and boiled). And the texture is more slimy than a regular noodle. I admit I didn't try any type of unique recipe. I boiled it in water (vs broth or stock), and then added butter and parmesan.

Had I cooked it in a broth and then added mushrooms or basil or something with more flavor, it might have been better. But I don't think this is an option for me. I was hoping it might serve as a good substitute pasta, which is too high in carbs for me. I guess when I must have pasta, I'll just have the whole grain version.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:32 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Try Dreamfields pasta, Didi. Tastes so much better than whole wheat pasta.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:23 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,042,874 times
They are good if you know how to cook them. Rinse rinse rinse!!!

I use them in place of spaghetti. No/low carb dieters use them often. You have to acquire a taste for them. I want to say the texture is like rubberbands. It kind of is, but it's not like that when you chew them.

They are only $.99 to a $1.25 a bag, so worth the price so explore a little and try them out. I used to buy them at the Asian Market, but now they are in Sprouts. They now have a few shapes (fine, angel hair/fettuccini).

Old 01-21-2011, 07:40 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,405,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrah View Post
They are good if you know how to cook them. Rinse rinse rinse!!!

I use them in place of spaghetti. No/low carb dieters use them often. You have to acquire a taste for them. I want to say the texture is like rubberbands. It kind of is, but it's not like that when you chew them.

They are only $.99 to a $1.25 a bag, so worth the price so explore a little and try them out. I used to buy them at the Asian Market, but now they are in Sprouts. They now have a few shapes (fine, angel hair/fettuccini).
I like the taste. Miracle Noodles, I buy by the case. Anything you can use regular pasta in, you can use these. they take on the flavor they are cooked with. I don't find that they smell, but do rinse them.

WHEAT AND GLUTEN FREE 8 oz package, 2 servings, 20 calories per serving, .05 fat, 1 gram of protein 3 total carbs 2 of those are fiber, 1 net carb per serving. Once you receive them, refrigerate. Before cooking, drain the noodles and run under water for a minute then put in boiling water for about 3 minutes then put favorite sauce and toppings on the noodles. Also great in soups. Remember, these noodles are the real deal, they may be a little more expensive than the competitors non-tofu shirataki noodles but your taste buds will thank you for it because they do not have the rubbery texture like every other kind of Shirataki noodles..

Old 01-21-2011, 07:55 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
Heck, I'll bet they're good with a big can of Dinty Moore dumped on them! .....
Just kidding.....carry on!

I can think of a lot to do with them. How about a real garlic shrimp scampi kind of thing? Maybe scallops in there, too....and some Old Bay....

Old 01-21-2011, 09:48 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Heck, I'll bet they're good with a big can of Dinty Moore dumped on them! .....
Just kidding.....carry on!

I can think of a lot to do with them. How about a real garlic shrimp scampi kind of thing? Maybe scallops in there, too....and some Old Bay....
I was thinking more like Stagg or Dennison's Chili dumped over the top.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,788 times
Default ****aki Noodles-umm umm good

I love them! Like posted several times, rinse them well. I heat them for 2 minutes and make a shrimp scampi mixture and blend together. I do add salt and garlic granules to the noodles (they are like Tofu, they take on the seasonings you use). I use high grade pink himalayan salt and organic garlic granules. For the shrimp, I braise (braise=let the water (1T), lemon juice (1T) & garlic (1/8t) reduce til all gone and the pan turns brown about 5 minutes, add back 1-2 Tablespoons of water, shut off heat and coat the shrimp with liquid mixture). I do NOT use any oil. This is an EXTREMELY low calorie meal. 5 Calories for the noodles and 120 calories for 100g of shrimp (about 10-12 large).

For a total of 125 Calories and you WILL be full. I got this from the HCG diet food choices and it is an awesomely delicious diet food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink