Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 02:41 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Maybe they just prefer diet coke over regular??

Sorry, but I had to say something... because I'm a diet-only drinker myself, mostly because it's all I've ever had (my mother wouldn't buy us sugared sodas growing up). So to me a regular Coke/Pepsi just tastes NASTY. Thus, I will have diet soda with pizza - or with McDonald's, cheesecake, spaghetti, salad, broccoli, or whatever else I happen to be eating at the time. Not to say I eat junk food regularly, but if I do it's always paired with a diet soda!

That being said, I think "normal" quantities of pizza depends on who you're asking. I can barely finish a small (cheese) pizza myself, but my 30yo brother could easily devour a large by himself... and he's always been skinny, whereas I have to fight daily just to stay at an average-ish weight. Life ain't fair sometimes, ya know?
Yep, some people drink diet soda not for weight loss purposes, but because they need to or want to avoid sugar (tooth enamel issues have me avoiding refined sugar when I can; I like keeping the dental work down), or because they like the taste better.

I'm not a big fan of artificial sweetener, myself, and would rather just drink sparkling water than diet soda, if I want some fizz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 07:48 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times
Huh? Well, anyway. When I was a teenager I could eat probably the equivalent of a large pizza at the buffet. Nowadays it's more like half, and only if I am very hungry.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:27 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yep, some people drink diet soda not for weight loss purposes, but because they need to or want to avoid sugar (tooth enamel issues have me avoiding refined sugar when I can; I like keeping the dental work down), or because they like the taste better.

I'm not a big fan of artificial sweetener, myself, and would rather just drink sparkling water than diet soda, if I want some fizz.
And too, I think people think if they're going to be eating a whole pizza or fast food, why add more calories on top of that? Sure, they could drink water, but that's not as "fun".

Old 12-13-2011, 08:04 AM

509 posts, read 1,168,291 times
So you mean pizza then? Because cheese pie would be like cheesecake I am thinking.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:40 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,422,619 times
I once ate one of those extra thick extra large Chicago Town "Mighty Meaty" pizzas, with 2,000 calories in it, all at once. Yummy. Then I had a big bowl of Toffee Pavlova.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:29 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,131,251 times
It's not normal, but it's not unheard of, either.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:21 AM

38,904 posts, read 22,900,003 times
When I was an active teenager with a high metabolism, I'd be able to finish a whole large pizza.

Now that I'm <ahem> older with a slower metabolism and not as active, 2 pieces will do me just fine, thank you. I also would like those pieces with a side salad and a diet Pepsi.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:07 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,905,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Calling a pizza a "pie" is a northeast regionalism.
Thankfully not all people in the northeast refer to it as a "pie", I've lived in the northeast for 30 years. It's Italian slang, not northeast slang. We have a lot of Italians here, but not everyone uses their terms.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:02 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,136,400 times
It's a pie.
When you go into the pizzeria to get a couple slices, the slices are from a "slice pie". It's different than a cheese pie that you can order. It's a slice pie. A slice pie you should order well in advance.
The best pizzeria in our local area has had my picture on their wall for over 20 years now.
That's an honor!
I love pizza - and great pizza comes from all over the country!

Old 12-15-2011, 05:00 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,479,862 times
I USUALLY have 4 slices. Occassionaly I will have 3 (if the slices are really big), or 5 (if the slices are really small, and haven't eaten anything all day), but will never eat more than 5 slices in 1 sitting. It's amazing to me people can eat an 8 piece pizza in 1 sitting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink