Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2014, 03:36 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times

Advertisements

Probably some overcooked casserole at some school potluck deal when I was a kid, plate of mush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 06:43 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
i never eat anything that looks gross or sounds gross even if someone tells me its good. I used to love sardines in the can when i was little but for some reason I cannot eat it now. same with liver sausage, just cant eat it now.

i refuse to eat mushrooms, i know thats a normal thing, but i did taste it and it tastes like dirt.. but then it does grow in the dirt.. so maybe my mind associates some food with icky things. but weird, i love crab and lobster and to look at those while alive they are pretty scarey, but i dont associate that with bad food, i.e. i love crabs and lobster. go figure.

i think the food i hate is when it is overcooked or has bad texture. If scrambled eggs are cooked too long they smell like a bad sock. but today i saw in the restaurant an omelette, but it was a huge plate size gob which was cooked so that it had a light brown crust, and it did not look like an egg or even food, i would not want to eat it. maybe it tasted good.

so i hate food that is overcooked like chinese food turned to moosh. i like when the vegetables are intact and have their color. my mother used to moosh food sometimes and i refused to eat it. my mother in law overcooks food, where for thanksgiving her son raved about the stuffing/dressing. but get this - you slice it. it was made that it was so firm that you sliced it. that was weird. i hated it. so i hate overcooked food.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:49 PM

107 posts, read 157,322 times
I once ate (or at least bit into) one of those "Snowball" pastries. It had worms in it YUCK!
Other than that, when it comes to regular (non contaminated food) I can't stand liver. I also do NOT like coconut. More the texture than anything. It's kind of like soap to me.
I also agree that eggplant is nasty.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:51 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,774 times
I was once served a cheeseburger made with rotten, rancid meat.

A week later the place was shut down and we found out the manager was stealing all of their money for gambling.

I don't even want to know how old that meat was :O

Old 08-10-2014, 09:11 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times
Ate at a cheap restaurant in Italy once.. got a pizza and it was a microwave frozen one..

Old 08-11-2014, 11:34 AM

266 posts, read 286,572 times
Meatloaf.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:27 PM

672 posts, read 789,578 times
There are some traditional foods that almost any person not born into that culture would have a hard time eating, for example, a lot of the Eskimo (using the term for the peoples who inhabit the "northern circumpolar region" across the globe, not just Alaskan native people) foods like aged seal flipper or whale blubber, or foods from the desert regions of the middle east, like camel's blood and fermented camel's milk, lots of asian food, and then any offal, and especially meal containing eyes, the texture and the taste are too much to get over for me. Sometimes, even just the smell. I can't stand the smell of calves liver being cooked, and if my husband wants to eat it, he has to cook it outside on a coleman stove, or I will get physically ill.

Then there are good foods gone wrong, like my mother's or my M-I-L's cooking. My mom made a lot of meals on toast. Creamed chipped beef on toast, browned ground beef on toast, mystery chicken glop on toast, something she called salmagundi, which was a can of Campbell's condensed alphabet soup mixed into browned ground beef, and served, you guessed it, on toast. All of it was just horrid. My MIL hates to cook, and will oversalt and either over cook red meat, and especially pork, or undercook chicken (who wants to eat a still grey chicken?).

Mutton. I think mutton was the worst food that I've ever eaten.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:16 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Hummus made by someone who had no idea what hummus is. Got that the other day in a Mideastern Restaurant in Fargo.

Old 07-30-2016, 03:18 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,856,485 times
Liver. Our mom used to cook liver frequently because back in the day it was considered to be good for you.

Old 07-30-2016, 03:25 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Grossest food you eat!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/food-...ver-eaten.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink