Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 04:30 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times

Advertisements

Thai food. Couldn't even feel my lips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 04:47 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,601,130 times
Growing up, instead of eating a bowl of cereal, we would eat saltines smashed up in a bowl covered with milk. I liked it better than cereal since it was salty and not sweet. It was a comfort food dish in our family. And mom liked it because she didn't have to cook it. LOL

Old 05-13-2014, 06:11 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times
I used to love eating lemons with salt, until I found out it was bad for your teeth. Sometimes, when I eat something served with lemon wedges on the plate, I'll sneak a few nibbles in.

Peanuts drizzled with honey. It kind of tastes like a PayDay candy bar.

When I was young and broke, I would eat bread drizzled with any kind of condiment I could find in the house, including Taco Bell sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Cold baked potato in one hand, salt shaker in the other. Bite, salt, bite, salt, bite, etc.
Ever bite of my burrito must have sauce on it. I can use 10 packs of taco bell sauce on 1 burrito.
I used to eat ice with salt when I was a kid. So did my brothers.
My dad ate raw potatoes for years. It won't kill you, but your body doesn't get a lot of nutrition from it if it's not cooked.
I still love to do that! I don't do it much, but sometimes I just crave it. That can't be too good for your teeth, either, though.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:05 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,837,430 times
Here's one for the adults in the house.

Add 7-up or sprite to beer. Use a 1 to 10 ratio (10%) it makes cheap beer like Budweiser much more tolerable to drink. I wouldn't try it with a strong beer like Guiness though.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:00 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,857 times
Over-easy fried egg, pulverized on a plate with white rice or yellow cornbread, heavy on the black pepper and cayenne pepper. Mmm. Sounds kind eww, but I think it's delightful.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:44 PM

442 posts, read 496,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelorn View Post
I dip potato chips in ketchup. Many look at my sideways when I do that. It was an epiphany when I found out that my friend did that as well.
Love chips in ketchup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
I thought I was weird for putting mustard on my french fries but you guys are REALLY WEIRD.
Mustard on fries is better than ketchup on fries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Europeans and Americans seem to have very different cultural norms about raw food. I remember some people almost having conniptions on a train in France because were daring to eat bell peppers raw. And people in Switzerland were aghast at eating homemade bread hot from the oven.

Strangest thing I can think of is probably crushed soda crackers in a tall glass of milk. Maybe steak sauce (A1) on baked potatoes.

Oh, and I do put salt on some fruits, especially the acidic ones like grapefruit and pineapple (a little old Hawaiian man taught me that one). Really smooths out the flavor. Grapefruit is a funny one, though. One of my parents put salt on it ... the other sugar. I can do either.
I love salt on melons and green apples, and baked potatoes always have Worchestershire or A-1 on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
There was a man in a course I took who'd eat a green pepper like an apple, at break time. I think red, too. He'd just laugh about it. Wow, you could smell that. He was Nigerian. But, hey, if it works for him!
That is how I eat bell peppers, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmantz65 View Post
American cheese on a slice of apple pie and then put it in the microwave long enough for the cheese to melt.
I need it to be cheddar, but yes, the cheese/apple combo is so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st33lcas3 View Post
Dry Top Ramen. Sprinkle the seasoning on it and munch away.

I'd also used to mix Strawberry Jelly into cottage cheese.

Oh, and cottage cheese on Doritos. Use the chip as a scoop. Cool Ranch flavored tasted best.
I like cottage cheese with Wheat Thins and my Cool Ranch dipped in a ketchup/mustard combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
One of our sons had a friend spend the night at our home. My son asked him if he would like some French toast for breakfast. He said that he would. When his plate was placed infront of him he looked at the French toast, picked it up off the plate the same way that you may eat regular toast, and took a bite out of it.

My son asked him if he would prefer to cut it up and put syrup on it.

Turns out that he had never had or heard of French toast and this was his first time eating it.

It also turns out that he prefers to eat it cut up with maple syrup poured over it. LOL
We don't put syrup on pancakes or french toast in our house, either. It's either peanut butter or shredded cheddar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
When I was a kid (not allowed to use the stove without an adult in the house), I'd mix up Campbell's condensed tomato soup and eat it cold.

My favorite TV watching snack for a while was saltines with margarine spread on them. Later, pretzel sticks with chunks of Velveeta.
Love Saltines with the butter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Popcorn with those jalapeno slices they have at the theater for the nachos.

Peanut butter and sweet pickle sammiches.
Make mine a pb and dill pickle sandwich and we are in business!

I have a ton of "odd" combos of how I eat things.

Swiss cheese and cole slaw sandwiches
swiss cheese and kraut sandwiches
ranch dressing on any thick crust pizza (or thin crust frozen..)
caesar salad mixed into my spaghetti
sour cream to top my spaghetti sauce

pb, american cheese, and dill sandwiches
chips on all sandwiches - doritoes on pb and j are the best.
horseradish and swiss cheese sandwiches with lays potato chips on them

I prefer my food room temp to cold vs. hot.

peanuts with cheeze spray on them

Old 05-15-2014, 02:50 PM

126,280 posts, read 19,053,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Here's one for the adults in the house.

Add 7-up or sprite to beer. Use a 1 to 10 ratio (10%) it makes cheap beer like Budweiser much more tolerable to drink. I wouldn't try it with a strong beer like Guiness though.
That is something I know from my younger years in Bavaria/Germany..called 'Radlermass'

Radler

I like ginger tea with a sprinkle of red chili

Old 05-15-2014, 02:54 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Scrambled eggs mixed with a good dash of Tabasco sauce, with a slice of Cheese and onion made into a sandwich. With a side helping of potato chips.

Also scrambled eggs, with Fritos mixed in after cooking.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:14 PM

48,139 posts, read 22,010,341 times
I used to snack on yellow mustard on saltines......not so much any more.

I like cold bake beans with vinegar and sugar on white bread as an open face sandwich.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:20 PM

126,280 posts, read 19,053,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I used to snack on yellow mustard on saltines......not so much any more.

I like cold bake beans with vinegar and sugar on white bread as an open face sandwich.
I remember mother serving me bread with butter and sugar sprinkled on it..when she was little it was a treat at War time to wetten a bread with water and add sugar on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink