Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 08:58 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,877,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Bugles are still available, though not as prevalent as they were when they were first introduced. I have seen them at Big Lots. As a young married, Bugles were served when company came to play cards. They were always - always! - served with Lipton Onion Soup Dip. In case you've never had the pleasure; One envelope of Lipton Onion Soup (dry) mixed into one container of sour cream. It was the hostess' go-to back in the day.
I just bought chocolate peanut butter bugles at Reasors for my son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 09:01 PM

238 posts, read 227,622 times
I like peanut butter on onion bagels but not other types of bagels.

I dip pretzels (hard) in creamy blue cheese dressing- when I have the sticks I always try to stab a little chunk on each end.

The day I make my all day spaghetti sauce (no meat) I eat a bowl of broken up bread drowning in it for dinner then freeze the rest for the "real" meals as my family calls them- with pasta, eggplant, sausage, meatballs, whatever.

I like a really good sharp cheddar grilled cheese sandwich made with either thinly sliced apple or pear and spicy mustard on whole grain bread- oatmeal being preferred.

I like hot chocolate made with milk and real cocoa, but I can't stand it hot so I make it then pour it over ice - I don't like regular chocolate milk at all.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:30 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
I like Grape jelly on an onion roll
PB banana and honey sandwiches
Ketchup sandwich
lettuce, tomato and mayo with pinch of salt on white bread
Liverwurst and coleslaw sandwich

Old 03-03-2013, 08:33 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
In other words I like to eat baked beans right out of the can, I used to like eat the frozen orange juice concentrate like it was ices. I like creamed corn from the can and I like to eat sliced mushrooms right out of the jar.

Until recently you could not get "baked" beans in a can but pork and beans straight out of the can is not unusual since Cowboys have been eating them that way since there have been Cowboys.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:15 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I like Grape jelly on an onion roll
PB banana and honey sandwiches
Ketchup sandwich
lettuce, tomato and mayo with pinch of salt on white bread
Liverwurst and coleslaw sandwich
And you lived to tell the tale! Color me impressed!

Old 03-04-2013, 03:37 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
And you lived to tell the tale! Color me impressed!
I still eat some of these things except the liverwurst and jelly on onion rolls. Liverwurst is sooo fattening so I cut it out for now and Jelly I use occassionally.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:52 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Cold baked potato in one hand, salt shaker in the other. Bite, salt, bite, salt, bite, etc.
Ever bite of my burrito must have sauce on it. I can use 10 packs of taco bell sauce on 1 burrito.
I used to eat ice with salt when I was a kid. So did my brothers.
My dad ate raw potatoes for years. It won't kill you, but your body doesn't get a lot of nutrition from it if it's not cooked.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:56 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times
I eat my side dishes one at a time and save the main course for last.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:30 PM

682 posts, read 2,423,631 times
I grew up eating corn bread with tomato juice/home-canned tomatoes poured over top (and shredded cheese!), for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I get weird responses when I share this with others.

We also ate home-made bread with milk. Just tear the bread into pieces and eat like a breakfast cereal.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:23 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,824,033 times
i like all kinds of "dipping" sauces for my oven cooked chicken tenders. I raid my fridge door based on my tastes that moment. It could be buffalo sauce (normal) to bleu cheese vinaigrette to mojo. Szechuan sauce to Oyester sauce has been known dipping sauces too. I have also been known to use TK Goddess dressing or homemade quac if I have it. I don't like ketchup so I get creative with my fries too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink