Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 09:53 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,306,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
All the talk of ages brings one of my favorite age comments to mind:

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?" _____Satchel Paige

Based on that I'm somewhere in my 20s, if only I could get my damn knees and other creaky body parts to think that way...............

i wish i was 30 again. when i was in good shape and didn't spend all day on here. lol that was back when i had a life...lmao...rotf

Old 11-18-2008, 09:55 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
That is cute JFRRACING!

cynAlidis shopping can be a huge savings but like any other places you have to watch and read labels. Can't beat their produce prices around here a couple of weeks ago they had fresh button mushrooms for .69 in 8 oz containers. That was under $2 per lb I bought 8 containers and canned up cream of mushroom soup plus sauted some for supper one night.

miguel's mom yum on the wraps I copied and saved this I am going to try it with my family. We are more meat & potatoes then sandwich type around our parts but I have been trying to expose them to wraps and pita pockets stuff.

Lacey~~ Wow CA fires I just don't know how folks go through that then rebuild there again. Same with New Orleans but we all know where we are comfortable living. Glad you are safe.

jimj~~you are not in a boat alone with the funk because of economy and I fear it is going to get a lot worse unfortunately. I am so thankful for living a frugal life the past 6-7 years so it isn't hurting me so badly ~~~~yet. Hang in there our struggles are what makes us stronger! Your white pizza sounds good too BTW.

Last night my oldest swept in here with a gaggle of friends so we had leftovers and Guitar Hero playing until the wee hours of the night. Tonight I am making the mashed potatoes, gravy and ham slices. He is the one wanting the potato cakes so he said he would be back tomorrow.

Have a great day! When I can get to ya all with reps I will unleash again!

Old 11-18-2008, 10:04 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
HighlandsGal don't fret about aging it is just part of the journey. Had a doctor friend once tell me to be glad when I was turning 29 because his son didn't make it past 20. That shocked me into reality right quick! We can't stop it so just go with the flow and enjoy it girl!

burdell in my mind I am still in my 20's but since I have an 18 yo son I know in reality that is not possible. Darn it. I think we always stay younger in our minds now to get our bodies to do half that would be fantastic!

Old 11-18-2008, 10:07 AM

849 posts, read 1,953,170 times
Lacey, sorry to hear about your friend. He was too young...
Happy birthday skbs, I was 31 once!

Tonight...something with ground beef. Not sure yet.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:17 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
ALL this talk about age I have to say that I love being in my 50's. OK things hurt a little more but as far as enjoying life.......I love the 50's. Less daily stress, more laughing if I don't want to be somewhere, I don't go...If I do want to be somewhere, I go!
We only get one life.....enjoy it.
Of course there are stressors I don't live in lala land but I have learned how to deal with them. Till the next one.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:39 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Happy birthday skbs. Have fun tonight and good luck with the shots.

Happy birthday to Kat's hubby and many more.

My sausage and peppers, onions, and potatoes for my hubby were a disaster last night. First I put them all in the oven and got impatient because it was all taking too long. I pulled it out and threw it all in a big skillet. The bottom was cooking too fast so I added water and then I had mush. I had to pick out all the sausage cut it up and fry it in oil in another pan. Husband was fine with it- he never saw the mess I made. He was on the couch watching TV the whole time.

I had a refried bean salad with lettuce, salsa, sour cream, and cheese. That was good.

Tonight it's homemade vegetable and bean soup and some imitation crab salad on crackers for me. The hubby I'll have to ask.

Have a great day everyone.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:49 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
jimj, best of luck on that shoulder. If they have to redo mine, I think i'd be in jail for murder.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:32 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,014 times
Hello all, haven't been here in awhile. Too many pages to catch up on! Burgers are on the menu tonight, cucumber and tomato salad and maybe some kind of carb! I really should stay from carbs for tonight becuase I had pasta alfredo for lunch...

Old 11-18-2008, 12:48 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Kats tell hubby happy birthday from me. In addition to yellow rice and spinach I'm adding some marinated cukes I found in the car that I had picked yesterday along with a fresh watermelon. Now for something for all of the guys and gals here who relish stuffed peppers, here is a little snap shot taken of a friends field yesterday. I think he could supply us all...

Old 11-18-2008, 12:50 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
I'll take that first row, Nomad!

Tonight's menu consists of leftover potroast w/bacon, carrots, summer squash (both yellow and zucchini) and smashed 'taters. Dessert will be either home made bread pudding (a neighbor made some and gave us a batch) or home made pecan pie or maybe a bit of both!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink