Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 11:38 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,060,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
How about a group charter??????
I'm packing right now!!!

Old 11-20-2008, 11:40 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Pick me up on the way!

Hey, and I'll try fresh limas if someone wants to make them for me, too. Have to admit I've only had canned.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:45 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
How about a group charter??????
How about we offer GM a small bailout to use one of their corporate jets for a while? We could probably write it off as doing a public good!

Old 11-20-2008, 11:46 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,777,706 times
Default Lima bean hater here

Quote:
We were just talking about this yesterday. My mother made me a lima hater. But one year in NJ I bought fresh from a farmstand and they were delicious. I love lima bean soup, or limas and ham.

If the grocery store today is any indication of what next week will be like-WOW!!! Our normally quiet store was packed. All I have to get next week is celery, potatoes, frozen pearl onions.
You guys ready for this story? It was either kindergarden or first grade and we planted a lima bean in one of those small milk cartons from the lunchroom. Each child had one and we were all so proud when they grew. Mine produced 3 limabeans. I brought it home and Mrs. Holly (our housekeeper, didn't have a mom at the time) cooked them for me. Yep she cooked 3 lima beans and I had to eat them. She said that if you grow it, you eat it. The only veggie I liked as a child was corn. Those beans cooked in salted water and served plain were terrible. It must have taken me an hour to eat all 3. Probably 2 glasses of milk to wash them down.

No lima beans will pass through these lips.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:52 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
You guys ready for this story? It was either kindergarden or first grade and we planted a lima bean in one of those small milk cartons from the lunchroom. Each child had one and we were all so proud when they grew. Mine produced 3 limabeans. I brought it home and Mrs. Holly (our housekeeper, didn't have a mom at the time) cooked them for me. Yep she cooked 3 lima beans and I had to eat them. She said that if you grow it, you eat it. The only veggie I liked as a child was corn. Those beans cooked in salted water and served plain were terrible. It must have taken me an hour to eat all 3. Probably 2 glasses of milk to wash them down.

No lima beans will pass through these lips.

I agree about the Limas, just never appealed to me, but Mrs. Holly sounds like a good woman!

Old 11-20-2008, 12:15 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,777,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I agree about the Limas, just never appealed to me, but Mrs. Holly sounds like a good woman!
She was the best!!!!! My mom died when I was just over 2. My sister was 6 and brother 8. My nanna (dad's mom) came and stayed for awhile but couldn't handle us three plus 2 standard poodles. LOL My dad "found" Mrs. Holly through someone he worked with. She came to us from an all boys home. She was with us until I was 11 and my dad re-married. She had to be almost 60 when she started. German, build like a sh*t brick house, pure white hair and wrapped around my little finger. I love her just like a mom and even called her that.

She passed away when I was a senior in HS. We were very lucky to have her.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:28 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
skbs: Juan, from the Casa Marina in Key West has been trying to contact you. He has a lounge chair reserved for you facing the ocean at the Gulf of Mexico , 90 miles from Cuba. A Pina Colada with Meyer's Rum floating on top next to the little Palm tree in your glass. Nicholas Sparks new book is sitting right next to your jumbo gulf shrimp cocktail on the table.
Busy with lots of ironing today (table cloths etc. for the holiday). I will check back back with you all later as far as our dinner, not sure right at this moment. Have a great afternoon, the iron is calling my name.
At second thought skbs count me in on those reservations too please.
I Love Juan from Casa marina in Key West

Old 11-20-2008, 12:35 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
She was the best!!!!! My mom died when I was just over 2. My sister was 6 and brother 8. My nanna (dad's mom) came and stayed for awhile but couldn't handle us three plus 2 standard poodles. LOL My dad "found" Mrs. Holly through someone he worked with. She came to us from an all boys home. She was with us until I was 11 and my dad re-married. She had to be almost 60 when she started. German, build like a sh*t brick house, pure white hair and wrapped around my little finger. I love her just like a mom and even called her that.

She passed away when I was a senior in HS. We were very lucky to have her.
Very lucky and so was she.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:35 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times
Well everyone I have go to get off this computer and start packing. I hope everyone has a great weekend and Happy Thanksgiving next week. Hope everyone enjoys family, food and fun.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that a freak heatwave hits northwestern ohio and 85 degree days abound with plentiful sunshine. lol I can dream right?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-20-2008, 12:47 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
MTH-Happy Thanksgiving and a safe journey!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink