Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2009, 07:25 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,514,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Chili Size (it's an L.A. thing)

EDIT: And See's Candy for dessert. Another L.A. thing.
To me, See's is a California thing. Boy do I wish I had a box of nuts and chews here.

My diet is better off that I don't though.

Tonight for dinner we're having leftover stew and bread. Yum.

I think I feel a spaghetti fit coming on soon though...

Old 01-12-2009, 07:39 AM

616 posts, read 1,162,623 times
Thanks for all the birthday wishes for my SO! It was a great day.

Tonight, we are having oven-fried chicken breasts with creamed potatoes (never can get enough of that yummy dish) and homemade gravy. Green beans with bacon and onion.

It's dark chocolate cake again with vanilla ice cream and a cup of coffee

Have a great Monday all!!

Old 01-12-2009, 07:48 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,746,160 times
Yesterday I cooked the chicken lo and slow in that marinated Goya/Mojo Chipotle.
The house smelled great and it was really good. DH couldn't get enough.

So whomever gave that recipe thank you!

Old 01-12-2009, 08:01 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Guess I have to try that Mojo stuff. So far, DH is enamored (my word for the day!) of the stuff coming out of the crock pot, and he requested a repeat of the Swiss steak, so that's in there, preparing itself for our dinner tonight.

BTW, he loves Cornish hens, I don't, so when we fix them, I have something else. I find them a little too gamey (not that they're REAL gamey) for my taste. Plus, I only like white meat, so.... We have 3 in the freezer right now. Maybe I'll pull one out for him for tomorrow.

We've had kitties with strange tastes, too. When I met him, he had 3 cats. One day, I was slicing up some cantelope and Tiffany jumped up on the counter and just wouldn't leave me alone. I couldn't figure out she just wanted a piece of it! She loved it. All 3 of the cats loved donuts and angel food cake. And I used to have a cat that loved any kind of pasta, potato chips/sticks and beer! You couldn't leave your glass of beer around or it would "disappear!" Once we found out, we signed her up for AA. "Hi. My name is Buttons."

Old 01-12-2009, 08:04 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Good morning all. I have been eating healthy for 9 days and I did my first weigh in this morning. I lost 5.8 pounds. I know it is mostly water but I don't care. It still gave me a boost this morning.

To all those with frigid weather stay warm and be careful on the roads. And all of you in the sun and heat well enjoy it. Summers coming.

Tonight I am making pizza for my hubby and I am having leftover Shrimp Creole.

Noma- Don't feel bad I am terrible with remembering names. My hubby and I used to own a roller skating rink years ago and we moved away. Now we are back and so many of the "little" kids who are now grown, married, and have kids of their own recognize us. And we have no clue who they are'

cr1039- Welcome to this great group of people.

sd- Baked ziti sounds delicious.

Lacey- Stay warm and take care of your knees.

MBW- I am glad you had gains this month. Good for you. Now if you can just get through your busy days. Stay warm and be careful out on the roads.

skbs- Good luck on your test. They should have results by tomorrow. Your dinner sounded really good.

cyn- Keep up the good work.k

gh- Don't feel bad you are not alone. I don't watch 24 either but my stepdaughter loves it. One of my favorite shows is back on tonight. KyleXY. It's on the family channel and it is just a feel good show with a great cast of characters. Then again I am a Disney child.

CM- Take care of that tooth.

mth- Cajun marinated chicken sound great and steaks last night. Great meals 2 days in a row. I'm coming to your house.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:07 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
We've had kitties with strange tastes, too. When I met him, he had 3 cats. One day, I was slicing up some cantelope and Tiffany jumped up on the counter and just wouldn't leave me alone. I couldn't figure out she just wanted a piece of it! She loved it.
Animals can be so funny. My dog doesn't like to eat cantaloupe but she barks at it. If I have anything strange(usually melons) on the counter she barks at them. So I have to take them off the counter and show here that it is safe.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:14 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Animals can be so funny. My dog doesn't like to eat cantaloupe but she barks at it. If I have anything strange(usually melons) on the counter she barks at them. So I have to take them off the counter and show here that it is safe.
That reminds me of a very posh company dinner I went to years ago - the menu stated the first course would be "Scared Canteloupe Melon".

We were eager to find out what it was - sadly it was just a typo and the dish was actually "Seared Cantelope Melon".

How dull

Old 01-12-2009, 08:15 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
YoungLisa-congrats on the loss-that is great.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:59 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,871,354 times
Alright.... wish me luck I don't pass out... I hate doing that blood stuff.... ugh.....

Good news... went out to the store after taking Diva out... headache seems to be gone...EVERYONE KNOCK ON WOOD RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!....... I MEAN IT......

We seem to have a lot of newbies here since I have been out of commission.... WELCOME to EVERYONE!!!

CYN... GOOD WORK... keep it up...

Jim/Lisa/Kelsie... thanks for all the help...

Lacey I will check that out....

Nomad.... I am really bad with ex students who expect me to know who the heck they are and stop me on the street like they were my FAV student and I am like OH SH**!!!!! Because you don't want to disappoint them.... I get it.....

CM....feel better....

TH...Happy Belated....

I just picked up some panko... think and some spicy orange sauce... think I might do something with that tonight.... talk to you all later.....

Old 01-12-2009, 10:22 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,403 times
Congrats on the weight lose YLisa. Isn't it a great feeling?! I just finished my workout, I'm looking just to lose inches that I put on over the holidays. You know what I do to make sure I'm losing? I leave a pair of my summer capri's(w/a zipper) laying on a spare bed and I try them on every two weeks, making sure I still fit in them.

Ok, this is a dinner thread, so, here it goes, dinner tonight is take out Chinese. DH and I love their Fried Chicken Wings w/fried rice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink